COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

I had a walk around my neighborhood for the first time since 13 March. I feel elated. I wish I could have been alone to pick some floral material (it's illegal in Spain to pick from nature but I know what to pick and which delicate species to leave untouched) but there were always someone passing by :lol:

19 hours ago, karbatal said:

I had a walk around my neighborhood for the first time since 13 March. I feel elated. I wish I could have been alone to pick some floral material (it's illegal in Spain to pick from nature but I know what to pick and which delicate species to leave untouched) but there were always someone passing by :lol:

And there might be cameras :). I m happy that gorgeous Spain is slowly waking up from this nightmare.

We are also opening up as we are now down to 3 confirmed cases today ( with probably 40 + tomorrow due to people with suspicious symptoms coming in from other countries ).

Wearing face mask is compulsory on all public transports and as of now all restaurants have to set their table at least 1.5 meters apart or have partitions between tables .

Some Domestic flights have resumed with flight attendants wearing head to toe covering PPE. 

Airlines are not allowed to sell all seats . they have to leave some seats empty ( middle seat for example ) to respect social distancing rules .

Gym / fitness / yoga studios are still closed but all open air sports ( tennis , riding , golf , running ) can be practiced as long as it's not a competition with spectators and only

if it's in the open air ( No indoor tennis etc ) .

God this is the new normal .

In the US, there seems to be a lot of magical thinking that the virus is over.  It’s unreal the stupidity that has been unleashed, but then again, I guess it’s always been right there.

We are up in the tens again ( +18 ) with 40 + cases ( or even more ) awaiting the results. Sale of alcohol was lifted yesterday and people ( seemed like the whole of Thailand ) rushed to

get their hands on the booze at the super stores . No social distancing whatsoever . People also rushed to get their hair cut ( hair colouring treatment is still banned ) and to eat in

restaurants . My cousin is in critical care due to the virus . He also has diabetes but I'm hoping he will pull through .

Tons of my friends who worked for hotels / airlines have lost their jobs .

I really don't want to have a second wave happening here to be honest .

British Airways in talks to make 12,000 workers including cabin crew redundant

In a statement, the airline's owner, International Airlines Group, said it 'could take years' for the travel industry to bounce back from coronavirus restrictions

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/breaking-british-airways-make-12000-21941615.amp

So I had my summer vacation planned for August 12th to August 28th flying on UNITED.

Newark to Barcelona

Rome to Newark

And they cancelled it!!! No direct flights until late September/October....

I am thinking while things may slowly reopen our international borders may be closed for awhile....any news with your vacations or border updates? 

@mmmike I had a planned trip to Spain in june  (Palma, Valencia, several cities in Andalusia) and obviously everything is canceled due to the pandemic because my airline does not offer flights to Spain until further notice. Fortunately with the exception of my plane tickets, I managed to get reimbursed for all other reservations.

My husband knows that not only it will be impossible to fly to Bulgaria this summer to visit his family. He also knows that he can't visit his grandparents unless there's a  vaccine. It's heartbreaking.

I had a reservation in Vienna to spend the whole summer with a EU grant. Of course I doubt it will be possible. But I still haven't got my first payment back because only those who planned staying before 31 May are entitled to a full refund. I hope they change that absurd once the EU makes official how long borders will remain closed. 

2 hours ago, Martin B. said:

@mmmike I had a planned trip to Spain in june  (Palma, Valencia, several cities in Andalusia) and obviously everything is canceled due to the pandemic because my airline does not offer flights to Spain until further notice. Fortunately with the exception of my plane tickets, I managed to get reimbursed for all other reservations.

I was going to Barcelona and Palma...

Then seeing my cousin in Rome. I really want to support the travel industry and Europe but it looks like not this summer. 

I have Spain booked for November, fingers crossed!!! 

1 hour ago, mmmike said:

I was going to Barcelona and Palma...

Then seeing my cousin in Rome. I really want to support the travel industry and Europe but it looks like not this summer. 

I have Spain booked for November, fingers crossed!!! 

I have not booked new dates because as long as there are no vaccines, the risks of a second wave may close the borders of countries to tourist again. It's too risky to lose money once again.

5 hours ago, LSD said:

I hope his family and loved ones have lungs made out of iron .

And no you'll not be meeting god when you die you'll go straight to Satan .

GOP State Rep. Nino Vitale on why he won’t wear a face mask: “This is the greatest nation on earth founded on Judeo-Christian Principles. One of those principles is that we are all created in the image and likeness of God. That image is seen the most by our face.”

This is Bangkok Thailand . First day of reopening / easing lock down and our sky train ( BTS ) had malfunctioning train and tons of people had to wait on the super crowded platform . God I fear for the second wave .

# months of social distancing and now THIS !