Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X debuts at 1 on the Billboard 200


Recommended Posts

Lets all just be happy she is #1 in the USA again! 

The NYT can kiss our asses because so many use bundling. Streaming isn't exactly fair so bundles even the playing field. 

She.is.#.1.right.now

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jamesshot said:

Lets all just be happy she is #1 in the USA again! 

The NYT can kiss our asses because so many use bundling. Streaming isn't exactly fair so bundles even the playing field. 

She.is.#.1.right.now

At least with bundles people still pay for their redeemed copies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

At least with bundles people still pay for their redeemed copies. 

Exactly. In Madonna's case, I don't see why this is seen as a bad thing. You have the option to NOT buy the CD.

But yes, let's slam her because fans that just paid $300+ for some concert tix to see her live decided to shell out an extra $15 for the CD. Just an easy excuse to bash her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

Exactly. In Madonna's case, I don't see why this is seen as a bad thing. You have the option to NOT buy the CD.

But yes, let's slam her because fans that just paid $300+ for some concert tix to see her live decided to shell out an extra $15 for the CD. Just an easy excuse to bash her.

I’m curious about this....I did not pay extra for the cd’s with my tickets...they came with it.  I declined paying for them as they were the standard versions and I was getting the Deluxe but I still got them anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, UnapologeticRebel said:

I’m curious about this....I did not pay extra for the cd’s with my tickets...they came with it.  I declined paying for them as they were the standard versions and I was getting the Deluxe but I still got them anyway.

Exact same situation for me. I opted out of buying them, but still received. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Exact same situation for me. I opted out of buying them, but still received. 

The option to buy was only for ticket requests that weren't sucessful, if you got a ticket the CD was free.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bardo said:

have or will the bundle numbers be released? curious if she could have hit #1 without them.

I was curious also, but not sure we could really tell whether she would have. You can’t  just subtract the bundles and say that that number is what she would have sold, because obviously many of those bundle customers would have gone into a store to purchase if there was no bundle.  

Bundles are more fair than streaming.  And countless artists have used them so if anyone singles out Madonna they are lame.

The fact is Madonna is one of few who can still move physical product.  Now everyone stream away and let’s keep her in the top 50!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shane said:

I was curious also, but not sure we could really tell whether she would have. You can’t  just subtract the bundles and say that that number is what she would have sold, because obviously many of those bundle customers would have gone into a store to purchase if there was no bundle.  

Bundles are more fair than streaming.  And countless artists have used them so if anyone singles out Madonna they are lame.

The fact is Madonna is one of few who can still move physical product.  Now everyone stream away and let’s keep her in the top 50!

true. i thought about that too. but if the number is higher than bruce's then we know for sure that she still would have been #1. and if it's only slightly lower, then we can assume she might have still beat him. it's ultimately no big deal, i'm just curious what the numbers were.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bb8977 said:

The option to buy was only for ticket requests that weren't sucessful, if you got a ticket the CD was free.

Thanks for the clarification!

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Shane said:

I was curious also, but not sure we could really tell whether she would have. You can’t  just subtract the bundles and say that that number is what she would have sold, because obviously many of those bundle customers would have gone into a store to purchase if there was no bundle.  

Bundles are more fair than streaming.  And countless artists have used them so if anyone singles out Madonna they are lame.

The fact is Madonna is one of few who can still move physical product.  Now everyone stream away and let’s keep her in the top 50!

EXACTLY!

It's OK for others to do but not Madonna. :rolleyes: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bb8977 said:

The option to buy was only for ticket requests that weren't sucessful, if you got a ticket the CD was free.

Actually it was tacked on to the price of ticket. It has to be or else it does not count. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My cousin went on the last day to the pop up store to  get me some stuff and he could not be bothered because he said the line was snaked round the block. The pop up store was a resounding success. I hope the codes for the merchandise bundles worked so the BB200 drop won't be too bad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 6:23 PM, DreamTheater said:

And so did the Jonas Brothers exactly one week ago.

 

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad news.  HitsDailydouble Madame❌ had fallen out of top 50.  95% drop in sales

But #57 on US ITunes and the 50th album only sold about 10000 copies so we knew sales were dead hopefully she holds better on BB200  

Im still super happy, proud and in awe.  Madame❌ remains on repeat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The CD is worked into the price of tickets, for all acts. So it's not "free." The option to purchase the album was there, in the event tickets were not secured.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Steve said:

Bad news.  HitsDailydouble Madame❌ had fallen out of top 50.  95% drop in sales

But #57 on US ITunes and the 50th album only sold about 10000 copies so we knew sales were dead hopefully she holds better on BB200  

Im still super happy, proud and in awe.  Madame❌ remains on repeat. 

I was expecting this unfortunately. I hate that media is going to publish this.

Any idea on how many copies did she sell this week?

Edited by Frozenpower
Link to post
Share on other sites

The truth is that I did not expect anything else, her songs do not sound on radios etc.

so it's impossible to sell, anyway I think the sale of discs is dead. and she has achieved her number one to add to her list.

It is sad that we live in a society where news and headlines generate detune or fall on the scene that value an anti-weapons message or a message of peace as in Eurovision.

 following day of Eurovision the network was full of insults to Madonna, after God control I do not see all that  mediatic attention.

I think we should enjoy the art of Madonna and stop suffering for the Charts and numbers, she has never had it easy, and every time it's going to be more difficult.

We live in a society of shit, where only youth, ignorance, beauty are valued. 

Do not be too smart, do not be afraid of injustice, have an opinion, be a woman, then you will be separated, criticized..that is Madonna!.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steve said:

Bad news.  HitsDailydouble Madame❌ had fallen out of top 50.  95% drop in sales

But #57 on US ITunes and the 50th album only sold about 10000 copies so we knew sales were dead hopefully she holds better on BB200  

Im still super happy, proud and in awe.  Madame❌ remains on repeat. 

but is it me the only one that finds normal that her fans are going to buy the album mostly in the first week? not a surprise here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, lasky said:

that stupid old man😡 has published Madame X sales dropping 95% .... don't want to post the link here.... hope shit comes to his face!!!

Who cares. Pride performance hopefully will overshadow is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, lasky said:

that stupid old man😡 has published Madame X sales dropping 95% .... don't want to post the link here.... hope shit comes to his face!!!

is he a fan? i mean, why does he care so much, its not even official yet

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lasky said:

that stupid old man😡 has published Madame X sales dropping 95%.

Don't pay attention to him, and don't give him any clicks. He is just a sad frustrated man, with a sad obsession over M. Nobody will ever know who she is, while Madonna will forever be part of history.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...