"Future" thread

Sorry but this is still my jam.

I just sang this @ the coffee machine @ work and pretended I knew how Rihanna would dance to this in her dressing room when she's high.

*SPARCKLE*

You ain't woke
Come here woke and hear the broken
Come give hope, come give life
Only get one, so we gotta live it right (gotta live it right)
Come make peace, oh
Come with faith and inspiration
Come complete you
Advice, positive vibes (positive vibes)
Open your mind (open your mind)
Open your eyes (open your eyes)
Yeah

Well this song is no longer my least favorite on the album. I would probably rank it higher but Quavo just doesn't add anything to it.

This song elicits such strong reactions in people. It’s important to point out here that everyone is individual and unique and has their own tastes and value systems. I still absolutely love this song and think it’s one of the strongest tracks on the album. It’s no God Control but it’s still amazing to me.

1 hour ago, Rugbyguy said:

This song elicits such strong reactions in people. It’s important to point out here that everyone is individual and unique and has their own tastes and value systems. I still absolutely love this song and think it’s one of the strongest tracks on the album. It’s no God Control but it’s still amazing to me.

The initial reactions were mostly positivie. After the ESC performance, some people changed their minds: 

I still love Future. 

On 6/19/2019 at 11:15 PM, VogueMusic said:

I just can't grasp the hate for this song. It was instant love from first listen. It shines like this bright light on the album. It's incredibly catchy, has got great hooks, a melody that sticks with you, and if this was any other artist, I could see this all over the radio. The lyrics may be heavy, but like other songs on the album, the production fools you with something that's quite escapist, takes you away to another time and place... perfect for the summer.

Don't get why this one gets such a hard time.

Yes, every word of this  :yes: 

On 7/3/2019 at 4:49 PM, HolidayGuy said:

Not one of my MX favorites, though I like it more than when I first heard it performed at Eurovision (the sound was not good on that one).

You're gonna have to be more specific.

Once the album was released I started skipping over this track but now I’m really enjoying it but if performed it needs not to be such a heavy performance a more carefree light performance would work 

On 7/7/2019 at 1:51 AM, FreeMySoul said:

Once the album was released I started skipping over this track but now I’m really enjoying it but if performed it needs not to be such a heavy performance a more carefree light performance would work 

I always thought it was obviously good and catchy. In fact, I’m listening to it now. Such a jam!

13 minutes ago, Stranger 68 said:

I still wish she did it alone without Quavo!! But i love that Song anyway...it has great vibes

M has the majority vocal and I think Quavo adds something worthwhile to the song. 

11 minutes ago, the-queen said:

M has the majority vocal and I think Quavo adds something worthwhile to the song. 

yeah but it would be great is she had the major Vocals on Verse 2 also

I absolutely love the horns on this track. A very authentic, old school quality in a good reggae track. 

And, like the entire album, it sounds amazing on really high quality speakers. 

• 2 months later...

at first i reallly hated the song... because recently the autotune things bugs me a lot...

then i don't know what happened but i have found that I am loving this song.

but it is a very simple and cliché reggae rhythm. 😄

I love this song, even more now than 4 months ago... i like everything of it, i find fitting even the Quavo's featuring, he's got the right vibe for a dancehall song like this. She and Diplo have definitely improved what they came up with Unapologetic Bitch.

I'd like it to become the next US single...