"Future" thread

Love this song so much!  The reggae vibe, the horns, the Don't Tell Me  call backs in the bridge - It all works together to make one fantastic song!  It is incredibly catchy, I find myself still singing the chorus long after it's over.

I like the liquid sound  flowing throught the first verses , it s such a metaphoricall start to sing about going to the future with a straight forward everchanging Cartesio maxima about never being able to wash in a same river s water ...that s the best immagine of future I know .....only M .

Love this song

13 hours ago, Mooncrown11 said:

Love this song so much!  The reggae vibe, the horns, the Don't Tell Me  call backs in the bridge - It all works together to make one fantastic song!  It is incredibly catchy, I find myself still singing the chorus long after it's over.

One of the choruses that has really stayed with me. Future is great, and I’d love to hear it mixed with Unapologetic Bitch!

On 6/17/2019 at 10:04 PM, Rugbyguy said:

It’s one of the strongest songs on the album for me

Love the reference to Don’t Tell Me as well. “Don't tell me to stop 'cause you said so.”

I just can't grasp the hate for this song. It was instant love from first listen. It shines like this bright light on the album. It's incredibly catchy, has got great hooks, a melody that sticks with you, and if this was any other artist, I could see this all over the radio. The lyrics may be heavy, but like other songs on the album, the production fools you with something that's quite escapist, takes you away to another time and place... perfect for the summer.

Don't get why this one gets such a hard time.

1 minute ago, VogueMusic said:

I just can't grasp the hate for this song. It shines like this bright light on the album. It's incredibly catchy, has got great hooks, a melody that sticks with you, and if this was any other artist, I could see this all over the radio. The lyrics may be heavy, but like other songs on the album, the production fools you with something that's quite escapist, takes you away to another time and place... perfect for the summer.

I think Future is great.

I just have opinions on it being her song of choice for big performances. Especially after having heard the masterpiece that is this album. But that's for another currently ongoing thread.

Future gets love from me.

I'm also gonna sing the praises of Future. I think the song is extremely clever from a lyrical standpoint and she finally nailed the whole dancehall genre to a tee. I'm never one for rap guest stars, but Quavo is perfect for the songs vibe.

I also don't get why it's so outrageous that she MIGHT be performing this for Pride. I think it's a fine choice.

6 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I just can't grasp the hate for this song. It was instant love from first listen. It shines like this bright light on the album. It's incredibly catchy, has got great hooks, a melody that sticks with you, and if this was any other artist, I could see this all over the radio. The lyrics may be heavy, but like other songs on the album, the production fools you with something that's quite escapist, takes you away to another time and place... perfect for the summer.

I just love it since day one. 

Oddly enough, I actually liked Future more after her Eurovision performance.   It's rather unfortunate that it followed a very off-key and lethargic LAP performance, and this is how most of the GP will remember it.   

Madame X is quirky in that many of the songs, even if they're not my fave, works well in the context of the album.   I can't imagine if the rumours of a visual album are true, I might appreciate Future even more. 

11 minutes ago, Dindi said:

Oddly enough, I actually liked Future more after her Eurovision performance.   It's rather unfortunate that it followed a very off-key and lethargic LAP performance, and this is how most of the GP will remember it.   

Madame X is quirky in that many of the songs, even if they're not my fave, works well in the context of the album.   I can't imagine if the rumours of a visual album are true, I might appreciate Future even more. 

Agree with you 100%.

When I first heard it on ESC I didn’t like it. Thought it was a real snoozer. But it’s growing on me. So much so I find myself humming it and putting it on repeat. Compare to Unapologetic bitch I like this much better. 

Although I noticed that there are just as many people who hate the song. 

Edited by justi5myluv

I love Future so much. And and I’m still desperate to hear that remix she posted on Instagram, hopefully it’s got something to do with this Pride performance. 

......also want to hear the version that plays at the end of Tour Announcement video.

1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

This was my favorite of the pre-release songs (besides Medellin). Agree that it has an escapist quality....summery vibe. 

1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

same. top 10 Madonna song from the 10's imo 

First time i heard it i was sooooo let down as id loved all the pre release tracks to that point.  

BUT, after a few listens i found myself singing it to myself non stop.

After repeated listens it is such an addictive track. It was a ridiculous track to release as a pre-release as it is very polarising on first listen, and contains a lot of the traits in her new music that she gets criticised for (Autotune, featured artist, "trend chasing" genre). but it serves the album thematically, and sums up so well her age old motto of never looking back and always moving forward. I love it.