Madame X: Album Discussion

I know most of you want the outright dance songs, but all I ask is that Madame X please contain at least two ballads. Three would be great, but I would be happy with two.

I can’t wait for this project.

39 minutes ago, Shane said:

I know most of you want the outright dance songs, but all I ask is that Madame X please contain at least two ballads. Three would be great, but I would be happy with two.

Sure  you re gonna have ballads...hope darkDramaticMusicallyPerverseBallads

im expecting a great deal of balladry ...especially if shes channeling Portugal...I hope she goes all cesaria evoria on the album lol

7 hours ago, Selena said:

I have been thinking about that too, what is this song and does it come to the album..this song sounds so good! 

I that may be Bitch I'm Loca as it sounds very latin/colombian inspired and Maluma is on that track as well?

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I would like some ballads too. They were the highlight on the last two albums for me.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I would think Dark Ballet will be a ballad.  I Rise and Crave not sure. But, I bet Future is the controversial video that was shot in LA.

Madame X Single Release calendar.JPG

I assume this text from the M store has been posted?

"Also the hymnic song "I Rise", the Jamaican dancehall vibes of "Future" feat. Quavo and coproduced by Diplo, and the acoustically innovative "Dark Ballet", produced by Mirwais, are just a few examples."

54 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I would like some ballads too. They were the highlight on the last two albums for me.

This. Her ballads are always flawless.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I'm a ballad lover too, @Shane !! Just like you I hope we'll get at least two, if not three... :inlove:

This album is definitely more exciting than any in a long time (and I love all of her albums).  We are in for a treat.

7 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

That’s the pink rosé and lemon drop song isn’t? 

What if the Diplo song is also from the RH sessions?

Yes!!!!

Possibly.

6 hours ago, strictmachine said:

It sure is! As much as I enjoyed the demo and am curious to hear what the “finished product” sounds like, I kinda wish she would’ve left that project in the past and stuck to the new stuff she’s created since then. 

I have a feeling something like "Back That Up" has been heavily reworked. I doubt they'd just slap a leaked demo as a bonus track. Or so I'm guessing...

2 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

This album is definitely more exciting than any in a long time (and I love all of her albums).  We are in for a treat.

I think it's so exciting because we really know nothing, just as much as they want us to know...which is how it's supposed to be. And it hasn't been this way in a long while.

1 hour ago, madgenyc said:

I that may be Bitch I'm Loca as it sounds very latin/colombian inspired and Maluma is on that track as well?

I hear accordion sound on that song

madonnamadamex.jpg

40 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I think it's so exciting because we really know nothing, just as much as they want us to know...which is how it's supposed to be. And it hasn't been this way in a long while.

I know.  I almost teared up listening to my first unspoiled single since Frozen.  

43 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I have a feeling something like "Back That Up" has been heavily reworked. I doubt they'd just slap a leaked demo as a bonus track. Or so I'm guessing...

I can imagine Mirwais re-working “Back That Up,” which was already an innovative type of track — unfinished lines that have their blanks filled in later ... very Mirwais-ish. Do you know what I mean? Compare opening verse of “Die Another Day” — “I’m gonna kiss some part of” — with “Back That Up” where many of the lines end with “of” on the first time they’re sung. Later they are inserted: (fun) (drum) (gun) (one) ... if I’m remembering it right. Would have to listen to it again.

Of the Pharrell outtakes from RH recording sessions, I’m kind of surprised she didn’t pick “Take It Back” to re-furbish for this project. Sounds a little more disco to me, and it has a mention of “Mercury in retrograde” which she continues to mention on IG from time to time.

”Take a Day” (the third Pharrell demo we haven’t mentioned yet) was a very peculiar sound — almost throwback, vintage. But I feel like that escapist vibe is in the DNA of Medellín, and the repeated “Ven” echoes that ricochet through the cha-cha breakdown section recall the “bang bang”s from “Take a Day” (to me), too. It’s funny — someone else here mentioned the “bang”s in his review and I wanted to post and say it is probably “ven” but I thought it was “bang” at first, too, and it reminded me of “Take a Day.” Also, perhaps less so, the original (more Mika sounding) pre-“Gang Bang” demo “Bang Bang Boom.”

57 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Yes!!!!

Possibly.

i hope they kept the operatic vocal sample!

4 hours ago, Shane said:

Shane,  I am pretty positive there will be a few ballads.  Madonna always has some ballads on every album.  Love the diversity she brings.  She is such a wonderful singer as can fully nail any type of musical genre and sounds fantastic doing so. 

2 hours ago, sul8323 said:

This album is more exciting than anything else happening in the world. Following everything Madonna is doing with all these updates has made me noticeable happier. Life is good. I’m sure M will give us a ballad and something more upbeat.

Just now, the-queen said:

This album is more exciting than anything else happening in the world. Following everything Madonna is doing has made me noticeable happier. Life is good. I’m sure M will give us a ballad and something more upbeat.

Exactly.... I am obsessed and it has taken my mind off of the state of the world and the news.  The Queen is delivering life.  

Future has a Jamacian dancehall vibe, so think Unapogetic Bitch or Beyonce's Hold Up, both produced by Diplo.

Also Mirwais reworked both Back That Up & Faz Gostoso. He produced around 10 tracks on the album. 

6 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

Future has a Jamacian dancehall vibe, so think Unapogetic Bitch or Beyonce's Hold Up, both produced by Diplo.

Also Mirwais reworked both Back That Up & Faz Gostoso. He produced around 10 tracks on the album. 

Mirwais called this album global futuristic, and maybe the first of its kind. Cultures mixed in with M’s sound. How exciting.

10 hours ago, the-queen said:

Mirwais called this album global futuristic, and maybe the first of its kind. Cultures mixed in with M’s sound. How exciting.

Yep, it definitely is! I love her work with Mirwais. I think his penchant for minimalism really lets her pop sensibility to shine.😁

13 hours ago, peter said:

I can imagine Mirwais re-working “Back That Up,” which was already an innovative type of track — unfinished lines that have their blanks filled in later ... very Mirwais-ish. Do you know what I mean? Compare opening verse of “Die Another Day” — “I’m gonna kiss some part of” — with “Back That Up” where many of the lines end with “of” on the first time they’re sung. Later they are inserted: (fun) (drum) (gun) (one) ... if I’m remembering it right. Would have to listen to it again.

Of the Pharrell outtakes from RH recording sessions, I’m kind of surprised she didn’t pick “Take It Back” to re-furbish for this project. Sounds a little more disco to me, and it has a mention of “Mercury in retrograde” which she continues to mention on IG from time to time.

”Take a Day” (the third Pharrell demo we haven’t mentioned yet) was a very peculiar sound — almost throwback, vintage. But I feel like that escapist vibe is in the DNA of Medellín, and the repeated “Ven” echoes that ricochet through the cha-cha breakdown section recall the “bang bang”s from “Take a Day” (to me), too. It’s funny — someone else here mentioned the “bang”s in his review and I wanted to post and say it is probably “ven” but I thought it was “bang” at first, too, and it reminded me of “Take a Day.” Also, perhaps less so, the original (more Mika sounding) pre-“Gang Bang” demo “Bang Bang Boom.”

Too bad she didn't choose to rework Never Let You Go. That's easily my favorite unreleased song from RH.

12 hours ago, rebelheart said:

I think Future is the song playing in the background from that Instagram story with the tracklist.

13 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Where is this information about mirwais coming from?