New album

4 minutes ago, robster said:

She simply switched the right and left picture in the middle row! See the gap in the X on the right side?!

Madame X made a little slip up!

Interesting that "Madame X" seems to be brought up alot by you Rob 🧐 

2 minutes ago, peppermint said:

"Madame X" I LOVE that!!!

There's an haute camp Lana Turner potboiler with that tittle, lol 

Plus, how dare I forget, the famous painting of mysterious and alluring femininity, the woman in the sexy black gown by John Singer Sargent

Just now, Stephen said:

The nice thing is that she's going to have to update in groups of 3 to keep the X 

her pr team was like "now, m, you can't post anything on IG for the next 10 days and if you do you have to post three at a time" and she was probably like...

5XOV.gif

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The nice thing is that she's going to have to update in groups of 3 to keep the X 

I doubt she’ll get that right. 

Anyhow, what if it’s 10 HOURS? 

1 minute ago, bardo said:

her pr team was like "now, m, you can't post anything on IG for the next 10 days and if you do you have to post three at a time" and she was probably like...

5XOV.gif

I swear to God, this is the funniest Forum ever.

23 minutes ago, peppermint said:

oh just doing my research. With M you know she loves the themes for her albums to be inspired by famous works of art, movies or paintings or whatever. "Tommy" being the inspiration for the "COADF" album artwork, and "Ludwig" by Visconti being the inspiration for the Confessions Tour. For some reason this time the term/title "Madame X" seemed appropriate! A famous title for mysterious women, but also the title of some famous works of art:

A painting by John Singer Sargent, on display in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Manhattan.

500px-Madame_X_(Madame_Pierre_Gautreau),

Madame X or Portrait of Madame X is the title of a portrait painting by John Singer Sargent of a young socialite, Virginie Amélie Avegno Gautreau, wife of the French banker Pierre Gautreau. Madame X was painted not as a commission, but at the request of Sargent. It is a study in opposition. Sargent shows a woman posing in a black satin dress with jeweled straps, a dress that reveals and hides at the same time. The portrait is characterized by the pale flesh tone of the subject contrasted against a dark colored dress and background.

While the work was in progress, Gautreau was enthusiastic; she believed that Sargent was painting a masterpiece. When the painting first appeared at the Paris Salon under the title Portrait de Mme *** in 1884, people were shocked and scandalized; the attempt to preserve the subject's anonymity was unsuccessful, and the sitter's mother requested that Sargent withdraw the painting from the exhibition. Sargent refused, saying he had painted her "exactly as she was dressed, that nothing could be said of the canvas worse than had been said in print of her appearance". Later, Sargent overpainted the shoulder strap to raise it up and make it look more securely fastened. He also changed the title, from the original Portrait de Mme ***, to Madame X – a name more assertive, dramatic and mysterious, and, by accenting the impersonal, giving the illusion of the woman archetype.

Then there is the famous movie Madame X, starring Lana Turner

Madame X, A woman married to a wealthy socialite, is compromised by the accidental death of a man who had been romantically pursuing her, and is forced by her mother-in-law to assume a new identity to save the reputation of her husband and infant son. She wanders the world, trying to forget her heartbreak with the aid of alcohol and unsavory men, eventually returning to the city of her downfall, where she murders a blackmailer who threatens to expose her past. Amazingly, she is represented at her murder trial by her now adult son, who is a public defender. Hoping to continue to protect her son, she refuses to give her real name and is known to the court as the defendant, "Madame X."

Fun tidbit, Lana Turner has a blonde haired look in the movie and after she is forced to get a new identity she gets a dark hair color!

I'm thinking this fits her narrative of powerful women, claiming their own power, their sexuality. Madame X has also become a monniker for the archetypal woman. Give women without a face a voice. It is layered, tongue in cheek, references art in many different fields, and make a clever pun on her name "Mad"ame X.

I'm willing to place bets on this...