New album

1 minute ago, alquemist said:

Thank you, Mensch, now I‘m not going to get any sleep.

293CD6F7-9659-4B55-A00E-DBD19E161399.gif

I’m trying to take a nap after my very early work shift and now I’m like restless. I’ll be right with you. I’m so glad I’m off tomorrow. If anything unravels I’ll be home checking updates! 

1 minute ago, robster said:

oh just doing my research. With M you know she loves the themes for her albums to be inspired by famous works of art, movies or paintings or whatever. "Tommy" being the inspiration for the "COADF" album artwork, and "Ludwig" by Visconti being the inspiration for the Confessions Tour. For some reason this time the term/title "Madame X" seemed appropriate! A famous title for mysterious women, but also the title of some famous works of art:

A painting by John Singer Sargent, on display in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Manhattan.

500px-Madame_X_(Madame_Pierre_Gautreau),

Madame X or Portrait of Madame X is the title of a portrait painting by John Singer Sargent of a young socialite, Virginie Amélie Avegno Gautreau, wife of the French banker Pierre Gautreau. Madame X was painted not as a commission, but at the request of Sargent. It is a study in opposition. Sargent shows a woman posing in a black satin dress with jeweled straps, a dress that reveals and hides at the same time. The portrait is characterized by the pale flesh tone of the subject contrasted against a dark colored dress and background.

While the work was in progress, Gautreau was enthusiastic; she believed that Sargent was painting a masterpiece. When the painting first appeared at the Paris Salon under the title Portrait de Mme *** in 1884, people were shocked and scandalized; the attempt to preserve the subject's anonymity was unsuccessful, and the sitter's mother requested that Sargent withdraw the painting from the exhibition. Sargent refused, saying he had painted her "exactly as she was dressed, that nothing could be said of the canvas worse than had been said in print of her appearance". Later, Sargent overpainted the shoulder strap to raise it up and make it look more securely fastened. He also changed the title, from the original Portrait de Mme ***, to Madame X – a name more assertive, dramatic and mysterious, and, by accenting the impersonal, giving the illusion of the woman archetype.

Then there is the famous movie Madame X, starring Lana Turner

Madame X, A woman married to a wealthy socialite, is compromised by the accidental death of a man who had been romantically pursuing her, and is forced by her mother-in-law to assume a new identity to save the reputation of her husband and infant son. She wanders the world, trying to forget her heartbreak with the aid of alcohol and unsavory men, eventually returning to the city of her downfall, where she murders a blackmailer who threatens to expose her past. Amazingly, she is represented at her murder trial by her now adult son, who is a public defender. Hoping to continue to protect her son, she refuses to give her real name and is known to the court as the defendant, "Madame X."

I'm thinking this fits her narrative of powerful women, claiming their own power, their sexuality. Madame X has also become a monniker for the archetypal woman. Give women without a face a voice. It is layered, tongue in cheek, references art in many different fields, and make a clever pun on her name "Mad"ame X.

I'm willing to place bets on this...

Friggin INTERESTING. ThanX for pointing that out.

1 minute ago, robster said:

oh just doing my research. With M you know she loves the themes for her albums to be inspired by famous works of art, movies or paintings or whatever. "Tommy" being the inspiration for the "COADF" album artwork, and "Ludwig" by Visconti being the inspiration for the Confessions Tour. For some reason this time the term/title "Madame X" seemed appropriate! A famous title for mysterious women, but also the title of some famous works of art:

A painting by John Singer Sargent, on display in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Manhattan.

500px-Madame_X_(Madame_Pierre_Gautreau),

Madame X or Portrait of Madame X is the title of a portrait painting by John Singer Sargent of a young socialite, Virginie Amélie Avegno Gautreau, wife of the French banker Pierre Gautreau. Madame X was painted not as a commission, but at the request of Sargent. It is a study in opposition. Sargent shows a woman posing in a black satin dress with jeweled straps, a dress that reveals and hides at the same time. The portrait is characterized by the pale flesh tone of the subject contrasted against a dark colored dress and background.

While the work was in progress, Gautreau was enthusiastic; she believed that Sargent was painting a masterpiece. When the painting first appeared at the Paris Salon under the title Portrait de Mme *** in 1884, people were shocked and scandalized; the attempt to preserve the subject's anonymity was unsuccessful, and the sitter's mother requested that Sargent withdraw the painting from the exhibition. Sargent refused, saying he had painted her "exactly as she was dressed, that nothing could be said of the canvas worse than had been said in print of her appearance". Later, Sargent overpainted the shoulder strap to raise it up and make it look more securely fastened. He also changed the title, from the original Portrait de Mme ***, to Madame X – a name more assertive, dramatic and mysterious, and, by accenting the impersonal, giving the illusion of the woman archetype.

Then there is the famous movie Madame X, starring Lana Turner

Madame X, A woman married to a wealthy socialite, is compromised by the accidental death of a man who had been romantically pursuing her, and is forced by her mother-in-law to assume a new identity to save the reputation of her husband and infant son. She wanders the world, trying to forget her heartbreak with the aid of alcohol and unsavory men, eventually returning to the city of her downfall, where she murders a blackmailer who threatens to expose her past. Amazingly, she is represented at her murder trial by her now adult son, who is a public defender. Hoping to continue to protect her son, she refuses to give her real name and is known to the court as the defendant, "Madame X."

I'm thinking this fits her narrative of powerful women, claiming their own power, their sexuality. Madame X has also become a monniker for the archetypal woman. Give women without a face a voice. It is layered, tongue in cheek, references art in many different fields, and make a clever pun on her name "Mad"ame X.

I'm willing to place bets on this...

It's a "magic" fit! Lovesss 

Just now, MattyMads said:

Could the X spell out Netflix the logo is red ?

NO!!!! NO MORE NETFLIX!!! PLEASE READ THE LAST COUPLE OF PAGES BEFORE POSTING, thanks very much 🙂

4 minutes ago, robster said:

NO!!!! NO MORE NETFLIX!!! PLEASE READ THE LAST COUPLE OF PAGES BEFORE POSTING, thanks very much 🙂

There’s no need to be rude some

of us don’t have time sifting through pages of speculation 

Just now, MattyMads said:

There’s no need to be rude some

of us don’t have time sifting through pages of speculation 

Wasn't necesarily directed at you, sorry if I offended you, but on every page in the last 5 to 10 pages someone has brought up this Netflix thing, it's more of a CLEAR sign that it's not that! 🙂

So far I think X is more related to the album’s name than some sort of countdown. X is way too vague for a countdown. The Madame X sounds very plausible or the LX thing. We shall see... if tomorrow she comes up with IX than it is a countdown.

Wonder if the "X" is the start of a countdown each day, until April 10, maybe the release date of the first single? 

Each day on Insta and Twitter she posts a roman numeral countdown. Today is "X," then "IX" tomorrow, "XIII" on Wednesday, "XII" on Thursday, etc., until it's down to I on the single release?

Long ass tease for sure? LOL.....

tumblr_p6pn41N9dO1skn9i9o1_500.gif

I know that's not the case, but I would love a reference to Bette Davis and her patch  (the movie was "The anniversary"). 😋

5 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

So far I think X is more related to the album’s name than some sort of countdown. X is way too vague for a countdown. The Madame X sounds very plausible or the LX thing. We shall see... if tomorrow she comes up with IX than it is a countdown.

True. I think April 12th? Would be a bit #soon for a single though... As there are no promo oportunities... More like a countdown for a press release? 

(Can't believe I just wrote too soon in this context though😂)

3 minutes ago, Routa said:

True. I think April 12th? Would be a bit #soon for a single though... As there are no promo oportunities... More like a countdown for a press release? 

(Can't believe I just wrote soon in this context though😂)

Not if she is using eurovision to launch the album 

21 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I dont think i could take a countdown every day for the next 9 days lol. By day 6 I would be over it.

It could be a countdown...down till 0 brings us to next Frigay?

10 minutes ago, Routa said:

Wrong. Many artists release a single without any hint. Look at the recent examples of Jonas Brothers, Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish... there's plenty of bands/artists who release their singles without any tease on social media.

Social media is the real deal. Press releases are sooo 1999.

1 hour ago, mindatrappa said:

I think it stands for LX = 60 her age, remember when Debi hinted that name in M´s bday in Morocco?

LX = 60
LX = Commonly abbreviation for Lisbon's name

"60 at Lisbon", basically.

12 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

Not if she is using eurovision to launch the album 

True true!

5 minutes ago, Jairo said:

Wrong. Many artists release a single without any hint. Look at the recent examples of Jonas Brothers, Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish... there's plenty of bands/artists who release their singles without any tease on social media.

Social media is the real deal. Press releases are sooo 1999.

But this would be bad as it would rise quickly and fall even harder without anything to sustain it though... But we'll see. 🙃

1 minute ago, Routa said:

But this would be bad as it would rise quickly and fall even harder without anything to sustain it though... But we'll see. 🙃

I think she has an strong choice this time. My bet is that MTribe was right after all and the first single is with Maluma. That will be really good for her streaming numbers.