Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

M14 updates


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ironman said:

I see a full body cover with bright colors and a sunny background. I could be wromg and its the total opposite but I sence a Ray of light across her face?cover 😍

I can see she's using that beach she always goes to ride horses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

The fact that people don't comment here on the Marcus team or this, makes this thread absurd because SOME PEOPLE are always derailing it. 

These lyrics!!!! Love it. The burning at the stake! The Joan of Arc wild COME BACK! (not Moan of Arc this time!) 

And I'm sure those tantrum words about people don't doing their work properly are other lyrics, ala Some Girls???? They reminded me to the AL rap too.  

The lyrics are reminding me of Music/AL in the writing style, I Deserve It comes to mind in particular. Very simple yet creative and powerful! I’m excited beyond measure for this album!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ironman said:

I see a full body cover with bright colors and a sunny background. I could be wromg and its the total opposite but I sence a Ray of light across her face?cover 😍

It's Mert & Marcus so it's gonna be a close-up photo with a random effect that every fan will be obsessed with for the next few weeks after album cover revealing

madonna-mdna-miltonious-free-album-2012.jpg

w1Z_2FLMai8.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Confessit said:

It’s an interesting concept but she is a traditionalist at heart and her lead singles have been centre point to launching her albums and eras.

I expect her to do at least some promo and I can imagine her taking a lead to the masses.

Im hoping (and imagine) we get 2 singles then the album but they need to be in quick succession with the videos filmed back-back.

I don’t expect her to just drop it without s build up, I doubt it would help her anyways with sales.

I imagine she will open the VMAs (I’m hoping) as I expect a birthday lead single and a massive performance would launch her back into the landscape. 

I think we are 2 months away from hearing the lead single.

Then I expect a second single with the album to be released in October.  

You don't half talk shite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Are you for real tho? I went to see her at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, the freaking b bile thumping country music city, and it was full! She made the same amount as the so called “current” flavor of the moment, Beyawnsé, with the RHT! And what other pop star still does that 30 years into her career? And why are you complaining about the lack of greatest hits when most of the songs on RH were greatest hits? For the record, Confessions and SST tour made a crazy amount of money and they were mostly songs from the most recent eras! Stop trying to shove Madonna back into the 80s and let her do her own art she feels most comfortable with and inspired by. 

Woah, calm down. No one is trying to shove her back in the 80's. Geez! She's doing great, no doubt. Most songs on RHT were greatest hits? She had many, ore than MDNA for sure. I've already said, she can do whatever she wants. I respect her decision NOT to do a proper GH tour. I just think the potential for one would be HUGE. Like, all time huge. That's all. I know so many people who want to see her but will not if she doesn't play the hits with the ticket prices she has. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

Woah, calm down. No one is trying to shove her back in the 80's. Geez! She's doing great, no doubt. Most songs on RHT were greatest hits? She had many, ore than MDNA for sure. I've already said, she can do whatever she wants. I respect her decision NOT to do a proper GH tour. I just think the potential for one would be HUGE. Like, all time huge. That's all. I know so many people who want to see her but will not if she doesn't play the hits with the ticket prices she sees. 

Material Girl, Into The Groove, Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, Holiday, Burning Up, True Blue, Deeper and Deeper, Vogue, etc.

There were NO SONGS AT ALL from my favorite albums, Ray of Light, American Life and Confessions. But there were a bunch from her early eras. Don’t forget that a lot of Madonna fans are joining the fandom with each new era and will mostly relate to her recent work as a result!! 

I truly got into Madonna during the AL era, which so many people hated, but that’s actually my favorite era and it carries the best memories because that’s when I first fell in love with her. Yet I’m not complaining that she’s not performing Hollywood or Love Profusion.

I don’t disagree with the Greatest Hits Tour idea but I’m worried it’s gonna come across as a fairwell tour. And while she’s still making a shit load of money touring, why fix something that ain’t broke? Like I said, she made the same amount as the most talked about star of today and M is in her late 50s!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kim said:

You don't half talk shite.

Why is it shite it’s my prediction for a timetable.

Its increasingly likely to be this fall if she shooting the cover.

Her big birthday and VMAs are 2 months away seems a pretty decent prediction to me....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ironman said:

Why are y guys constantly discussing Touring? Wasnt there a topic related to that ? 

It happens sometimes, going off topic discussions, because sometimes it’s hard to overlook absurd claims lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Hair + make up + stylist + photographers + art director = ?

= wet dream ya know 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Krazy Kid said:

It's Mert & Marcus so it's gonna be a close-up photo with a random effect that every fan will be obsessed with for the next few weeks after album cover revealing

madonna-mdna-miltonious-free-album-2012.jpg

w1Z_2FLMai8.jpg

and both remain great album covers and fit her discography just fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, loowee said:

and both remain great album covers and fit her discography just fine. 

I agree! These album covers are iconic! One of the best things I love about MDNA era is the album cover lol However! Would be nice to see a fresh touch from someone different. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Material Girl, Into The Groove, Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, Holiday, Burning Up, True Blue, Deeper and Deeper, Vogue, etc.

There were NO SONGS AT ALL from my favorite albums, Ray of Light, American Life and Confessions. But there were a bunch from her early eras. Don’t forget that a lot of Madonna fans are joining the fandom with each new era and will mostly relate to her recent work as a result!! 

I truly got into Madonna during the AL era, which so many people hated, but that’s actually my favorite era and it carries the best memories because that’s when I first fell in love with her. Yet I’m not complaining that she’s not performing Hollywood or Love Profusion.

I don’t disagree with the Greatest Hits Tour idea but I’m worried it’s gonna come across as a fairwell tour. And while she’s still making a shit load of money touring, why fix something that ain’t broke? Like I said, she made the same amount as the most talked about star of today and M is in her late 50s!! 

OK, lets get back on topic! haha. Thanks for the debate, though! 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Material Girl, Into The Groove, Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, Holiday, Burning Up, True Blue, Deeper and Deeper, Vogue, etc.

You can cut out Into the Groove and LAP which were performed sporadically and in ITG's case such a departure from the glorious original that it was hardly recognisable as a hit, Vogue was a tiny snippet. Deeper and Deeper , Burning Up and even True Blue (some would say) are hardly considered greatest hits. So let's stop with this fallacy that RHT was choc full 'o hits. It wasn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kim said:

You can cut out Into the Groove and LAP which were performed sporadically and in ITG's case such a departure from the glorious original that it was hardly recognisable as a hit, Vogue was a tiny snippet. Deeper and Deeper , Burning Up and even True Blue (some would say) are hardly considered greatest hits. So let's stop with this fallacy that RHT was choc full 'o hits. It wasn't.

Obviously! It was a Rebel Heart album tour! But it has songs mostly from her earlier albums besides RH album. That was the point I was trying to make. Personally, I rather see her perform newer material and I know I’m not the only one. I’d be happy with at least a snippet from one of my favorite albums. Didn’t even get that! Yet I still went and saw her and enjoyed it just as much. Whatever she does. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Its increasingly likely to be this fall if she shooting the cover.

Her big birthday and VMAs are 2 months away seems a pretty decent prediction to me....

If, as we discussed, her film is being made later this year, then getting the photoshoot out the way now would make sense, no? (and I really hope that motley crew are NOT shooting the album cover as it's a bad sign if the creative budget won't even stretch to a decent hairstylist, or a trip to NYC... but I digress)  As far as we know, she's still recording the album.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She actually has done a lot of older hits, although not always in the same tour and not always in the original version. But most of the time it tends towards the 80's material, and forgets the later ones. I know people are obsessed with 80's culture and fashion, but I would love to hear more stuff from the 90's since we never had a Bedtime Stories or Ray of Light tour. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barbie said:

What if Madonna just released the album? No singles or anything. Just gave us a release date, and bam. Definitely not a surprise release....the last thing I want is every article comparing her to Beyonaise. And as soon as the album is released she can simultaneously drop a music video or two (which would have been filmed ahead of time of course)

I just don't see the point of singles when she doesn't have a proper label to handle that. And besides.....that method is so outdated. It's what we are used to so of course that's what we expect.

I wouldn't be opposed to her trying something different. 

Since her singles don't chart anymore, it's not an impossibly idea, but I think the first single is inevitable.  At this point, "a surprise release" is no longer possible since everyone knows she's working on an album.  😉

So I predict we'll be getting this album this fall.  Sounds like a team is with her doing some shoot for the album/video (at least I hope and it's not just for MDNAskin again).  

I hope the first video will feature a lot of on location shots of Lisbon and/or the country side.  But I guess it depends on the song as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nikki said:

a guy commenting is talking about a vogue italia cover. I don't know how he would know, but thought to share

 

Omg every single objetct on that table is gorgeous. I would love to steal that big plate. Oh, and all the little ones! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Omg every single objetct on that table is gorgeous. I would love to steal that big plate. Oh, and all the little ones! 

You're such an old woman :lol:

4 minutes ago, XXBrendonXX said:

Since her singles don't chart anymore,

Yeah cos the USA is the whole world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Kim said:

If, as we discussed, her film is being made later this year, then getting the photoshoot out the way now would make sense, no? (and I really hope that motley crew are NOT shooting the album cover as it's a bad sign if the creative budget won't even stretch to a decent hairstylist, or a trip to NYC... but I digress)  As far as we know, she's still recording the album.

 

I don’t believe she would sit on her music that long to direct a film.

Personally I think she will release and complete her music contract this year making way to film next year.

Hey styling team have all landed in Lisbon rather obviously for an album shoot and I don’t believe she would shoot the cover for a March 2019 release.

Just my humble opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Do they come up with album era styling on the fly, or is it possible they'll plan out album promotion looks, etc during this time?

I think she decides the main look for the launch then other ideas come as she goes ?

The matador look was obviously created around LFL but I think the Stevie Nicks look for GT and the moshio chick look for BIM were styled in later on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Do they come up with album era styling on the fly, or is it possible they'll plan out album promotion looks, etc during this time?

I'm sure it's been discussed already if they are truly shooting an album cover.  Madonna and her team may have been texting/emaling ideas back and forth.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I don’t believe she would sit on her music that long to direct a film.

Personally I think she will release and complete her music contract this year making way to film next year.

Hey styling team have all landed in Lisbon rather obviously for an album shoot and I don’t believe she would shoot the cover for a March 2019 release.

Just my humble opinion.

She doesn't get a choice when to shoot. If MGM have decided the film will shoot this year (which is what one of the press releases intimated) then shoot this year she will.

I absolutely DO think she would sit on her music while taking the rare opportunity that she's been given by a major studio to shoot one of their films.

Just a few posts above we have someone saying they could be shooting a Vogue spread so no, it's not "rather obvious" that they are shooting the album cover. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...