Cannes bans burkinis over suspected link to radical Islamism

jacket

it has cause in the 70ties that Saudi style of dressing was not popular in places like Afghanistan. That ultraconservative attire goes hand in hand with the newly build mosques in Europe. But I agree that it's a strange measure.

I disagree. Even if it's something that was created 10 years ago, so what, if they are comfortable wearing that then so be it.

So relieved that this has happened. Why should Muslim women be deprived of the basic pleasure of feeling the sand trickling through their toes and the benefits of swimming.

I imagine that there will be other challenges. While I understand why France might have wanted to pin secularism to most of what it does, it has had the reverse of what it intended to do in the first place. Instead it has built up resentments on the part of its many Muslim citizens, and we all know that resentments are at the very core of most conflicts.

Sarko is coming back ?? :confused::ugh:

Yes! He was on national TV the last day to say he's candidate again. First president ever to come back after losing a reelection campaign :lol:

He lied so many times in that 10 minutes interview that it was kind of funny. For instance, he said that there is full employement in the US, UK and Germany, and a few minutes later he said that he was never called a liar by anyone :lol:

Cause its different when u go from an European city to European city and you find them very different from few years prior and Paris being one of the prime examples. Its different when u have no refugees like it is in Mexico. Brussels and Paris are guarded by the army nowadays something unthinkable 5 years prior I think.

We have a massive wave of refugees in Mexico from Central America who are either trying to make their way to the US or have decided to stay here permanently. There are over 50,000 central american refugees in Mexico right here now. And that's just Guatemalans.

Once just a transit point, Mexico becoming home to refugees www.seattleglobalist.com/2016/05/24/refugees-settling-in-mexico/51774

Guatemalan Refugees in Mexico www.seattleglobalist.com/2016/05/24/refugees-settling-in-mexico/51774

We have:

73,000 Columbians

18,873 Spaniards applied for work permits in Mexico at the height of their economic recession

13,696 Argentineans came during their economic crisis of the 2000s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Mexico

Mexico accepted 100,000 of thousands of Spaniards during their awful civil war with open arms.

etc.

etc.

etc.

AND we're in the middle of a war with the strongest and most powerful cartels in the history of the world. It's not a proxy war that's 1,000´s of miles away, out of site, like is the case with France, the UK, the US, Saudi Arabia and a few others. It's a war that is happening in our own country, that is crippling our economy, and that has affected virtually every single person living here in one way or another.

And we don't use all this as an excuse to treat our refugees and immigrants who moved here looking for better opportunities like trash. Yes, there have been reports of our highly brutal military treating illegals en route to the U.S. like trash, but the people, citizens, don't hold all this hateful anti-immigrant resentment against innocent people who are caught up in the crossfire.

And finally, you might say, oh, well, Mexico's refugees don't carry out terrorist attacks. Fine, that's true, BUT the vast majority of the people who have carried out those attacks are people who either enter countries illegally with falsified documentation OR citizens of your own country, NOT REAL REFUGEES, all of which are ramifications of the wars your countries are carrying out in the Middle East. You can't obliterate sovereign countries back to the middle ages and expect them to not react.

Just as a side note, it's kind of ironic that the RUDEST, most unpleasant people to visit Mexico that I've encountered and who expect us to bend over backwards for them are always the French and the Americans, the same people who want all illegals to assimilate in their countries NOW or leave!!! :rolleyes::lmao:

In a way that ban is understandable. Why? One has to look at Egypt, Afghanistan or other places with islamic majority from the 70ties and u ll see nothing of burkas or burkinis. Why? Because conservative islam was unknown then and on those places. Salafism now is being promoted by the Saudi sponsored mosques which are the majority of the mosques in Europe (newly build). Suddenly u see "ultraconservative" islamic clothing everywhere and that includes burkinis. As for those crying for the muslim women and their right to hide their bodies in burkinis, think about the fact that where that clothing is required they either trow gay men from tall buildings (ISIS) or kill them or imprison them (Saudi Arabia). You don't think those women identify with those places and want those "rules" recreated in the host country? Then they probably wouldn't be dressed in a way that associates them with that form of islam (salafism, wahabism). As a whole I may sound undemocratic or islamophobic, but I always thought that Europe is a place for muslims and should be a place for muslims, but not those that are ultraconservative and those that want Sharia law to be applied. Sharia law stands against everything the so called West stands for. So in that sense Europe should be the ideal place for muslims that feel oppressed by that religion or those that accept it but also accept the fundamental ideas on which Europe is build post WW2. And those include rule of law and the law forbids burkins so everyone should accept that.

hilarycunt.gif

I'm in paris for a couple of days,and I am surprised because you can tell that there are a lot less people than the other times I've been there.maybe is it because we are in august's t weekend?I don't know.way less crouded,and most of the people seem french (french speakers)

I'm in paris for a couple of days,and I am surprised because you can tell that there are a lot less people than the other times I've been there.maybe is it because we are in august's t weekend?I don't know.way less crouded,and most of the people seem french (french speakers)

It's always like this in August.

Paris is dull and empty during this month. Every Parisians are on vacation, out of the city.

However, it seems there is less tourist, this year. Guess it explains the fact you hear only french speakers.

I agree with ur post.

As i said earlier in this topic hijab/burqa/scarf are not holy in Islam And its a Saudi Arabian Wahabism culture.

:inlove::flirt: I thought u were scandalised :):tigger:

We have a massive wave of refugees in Mexico from Central America who are either trying to make their way to the US or have decided to stay here permanently. There are over 50,000 central american refugees in Mexico right here now. And that's just Guatemalans.

Once just a transit point, Mexico becoming home to refugees www.seattleglobalist.com/2016/05/24/refugees-settling-in-mexico/51774

Guatemalan Refugees in Mexico www.seattleglobalist.com/2016/05/24/refugees-settling-in-mexico/51774

We have:

73,000 Columbians

18,873 Spaniards applied for work permits in Mexico at the height of their economic recession

13,696 Argentineans came during their economic crisis of the 2000s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Mexico

Mexico accepted 100,000 of thousands of Spaniards during their awful civil war with open arms.

etc.

etc.

etc.

AND we're in the middle of a war with the strongest and most powerful cartels in the history of the world. It's not a proxy war that's 1,000´s of miles away, out of site, like is the case with France, the UK, the US, Saudi Arabia and a few others. It's a war that is happening in our own country, that is crippling our economy, and that has affected virtually every single person living here in one way or another.

And we don't use all this as an excuse to treat our refugees and immigrants who moved here looking for better opportunities like trash. Yes, there have been reports of our highly brutal military treating illegals en route to the U.S. like trash, but the people, citizens, don't hold all this hateful anti-immigrant resentment against innocent people who are caught up in the crossfire.

And finally, you might say, oh, well, Mexico's refugees don't carry out terrorist attacks. Fine, that's true, BUT the vast majority of the people who have carried out those attacks are people who either enter countries illegally with falsified documentation OR citizens of your own country, NOT REAL REFUGEES, all of which are ramifications of the wars your countries are carrying out in the Middle East. You can't obliterate sovereign countries back to the middle ages and expect them to not react.

You do realise that there have been many deaths in France recently to innocent people? Drug cartels are awful but those people are after money as opposed to a sense of cultural ownership. The latter is far more dangerous in the long term. Mexico needs to conquer it's battle against drugs because burning poppy fields just seems futile.

Karbatal...communism as a theory is positive but the countries who practised it just happened to have the most appalling and non humane behaviour. People living in fear etc...all of that is responsible for the vile and greedy culture in Russia today.

I've been saying this for years and calling out the west's hypocrisy for making them with their disgusting wahhabiism their #1 ally in the arab world.

That still doesn't mean I think women should be forced in public to take off their religious clothing.

Tourists from Japan and USA are scared and many cancelled. Prices in Paris are far lower in hotels.

By the way Ulizos Mexico was such an open and warm country for Spanish refugees after the Civil war here. I'm glad to know you all are still that decent and good.

Yes! Latin America as a whole has received millions of refugees throughout history. Few people know that.

I've been saying this for years and calling out the west's hypocrisy for making them with their disgusting wahhabiism their #1 ally in the arab world.

That still doesn't mean I think women should be forced in public to take off their religious clothing.

Easy for you to say, you're not a woman.

What if Islam... any religion... had certain clothing gay men had to wear to represent their inferiority because straight men couldn't control themselves around you, in theory, so it was YOUR obligation to deal with it, and if you didn't wear them in certain parts of the world, you were beaten and killed.

How would that make you feel? In your own backyard? These symbols in your face.

Easy for you to say, you're not a woman.

What if Islam... any religion... had certain clothing gay men had to wear to represent their inferiority because straight men couldn't control themselves around you, in theory, so it was YOUR obligation to deal with it, and if you didn't wear them in certain parts of the world, you were beaten and killed.

How would that make you feel? In your own backyard? These symbols in your face.

First of all, I'm absolutely against any law that forces women to use the niqab in public. I think it's disgusting and oppressive.

But I'm also against women being forced to take off the hijab. NOT the niqab. I think covering your face in western countries is fucking stupid and ridiculous and yes, even offensive to our countries and our values. I'm totally okay with women being forced to show their face in public. How stupid and dangerous is that? But sending heavily armed men to force a woman at the beach to uncover her body when her face is 100% visible is the most hypocritical and stupid thing I've seen in a long while. It's up there with the shit that Trump says as his solutions to all kinds of real problems the world is facing today. It solves NOTHING and only incites more anger. Yes, it's annoying as fuck to see women who are so brainwashed into believing that those hijabs and body suits which were inexistent a century ago outside of some small tribes of fucked up people in the Arabian peninsula who happened to be living on top of the world's biggest oil reserves somehow makes them good muslim women when the Quran ONLY says that women should dress modestly (basically don't dress like a hoe). But forcing them to show their skin solves NOTHING and sends the wrong message.

Anyway, when I start to get really angry is when people start bringing Syria and Syrian refugees into the mix. Syria has NO relations with Saudi Arabia, and they're victims themselves of that kingdom's disgusting power struggle, war on secular beliefs and heinous desire to spread their control through wahhabiism throughout the entire arab world. Women wearing niqabs in France, Germany, the UK, etc., are NOT SYRIAN REFUGEES. WOMEN DO NOT WEAR NIQABS IN SYRIA.

In 2010, Ghiyath Barakat, Syria's minister of higher education, announced that the government would ban women from wearing full-face veils at universities. Among the prohibited garments would be the niqab, but not the hijab or related garments that do not cover the entire face. The official stated that the face veils ran counter to secular and academic principles of Syria.

Syria deals with the same shit! But like I said, they ban the niqab, NOT the hijab. And it fucking sucks to see the world place the blame on them. And their HORRIBLE EVIL GOVERNMENT (I'm being sarcastic).

Ugh, it's Friday evening in Mexico and I'm at home basically talking to myself about the niqab in France :rolleyes::lmao:

You're not talking to youself. I'm listening. Just trying to find a way to approach this without causing an uproar because I have a problem with people who have a problem with women and gays. This is the world we're living in right now.

(Not you. Your comment back to me was cool. Food for thought I like to call it).

Only 100 years ago European women had similar bathsuits. That was our culture. How would a woman back then had felt if police had told her to get more naked?

I know it's difficult to know where is the line, but those clothes are part of a culture now.

Only 100 years ago European women had similar bathsuits. That was our culture. How would a woman back then had felt if police had told her to get more naked?

I know it's difficult to know where is the line, but those clothes are part of a culture now.

I think your getting culture muddled up with religion. Yes one hundred years ago women in western culture wore body suits and the men wore onsies and long bathers as well. It had nothing to do with covering up due to the fear of the pope or Allah, but fashion trends and culture at the time. We will probably be wearing funky space suit bathers in 50 years time, however these oppressed Muslim women ( not all Muslim women ) are still going to be covering themselves up from head to toe due to their arsehole husbands and left wing liberal minded people who keep promoting Muslim oppression.

I think your getting culture muddled up with religion. Yes one hundred years ago women in western culture wore body suits and the men wore onsies and long bathers as well. It had nothing to do with covering up due to the fear of the pope or Allah, but fashion trends and culture at the time. We will probably be wearing funky space suit bathers in 50 years time, however these oppressed Muslim women ( not all Muslim women ) are still going to be covering themselves up from head to toe due to their arsehole husbands and left wing liberal minded people who keep promoting Muslim oppression.

Of course it was all about religion!

Guys, the discrimination against woman in Western world is a cultural heritage from Christianism. The taboo in sex, the taboo in naked bodies is about Christian religion!

I am totally against Muslim women being treated like criminals and being harassed and humiliated for what they wear. They have every right to dress how they want. It is disgusting how they are being targeted on beaches and should never be allowed.

I don't like some of Rita Panahi's articles as she is often very right wing and unforgiving but I found this article interesting. As Rita is a Muslim woman born in Iran and has lived in both Iran and Australia, she has personally experienced what it is like to be forced to wear restrictive clothes and gives her view on it. I feel a lot of sympathy for women being forced to cover themselves up IF they don't want to and find it unfair on them. It should be a personal choice of the women herself what she wants to wear, not a rule which is made by men. That includes the right to either wear these clothes or not to wear them.

I have to copy and paste the article below because it won't let me link it.

Muslim women athletes being covered up in Rio reflects oppression not diversity

THE systematic subjugation of women in Islamic countries starts early. Even at the age of five, I was forced to wear dehumanising Muslim clothing to attend school in Iran’s capital, Tehran.

Being covered head to toe, including a tightfitting head covering, was barely tolerable in the hot summer months, particularly for a tomboy who preferred to climb trees and ride bikes rather than play quietly with dolls.

My upbringing was relatively carefree — if you ignore the perils of the Iran and Iraq war and the madness of the Islamic revolution — until I reached school age and was required to conform to Iran’s strict moral code, which includes women and girls being forced to cover up.

I remember loathing the restrictive garments that I was suddenly required to wear and resenting the boys’ granted freedoms that I’d previously enjoyed.

At the age of six, I was involved in a little misadventure that led to a cracked head and about a dozen stitches. The doctors shaved my head for the procedure and for a while, out of school, I pretended to be a boy and enjoyed the freedom I coveted.

One of the strongest memories I have from my childhood in Iran is begging my parents to keep shaving my head so I could pretend to be one of the boys.

The oppression of girls and women under Islam sees millions forced to wear hijabs, chadors, niqabs and burqas in public.

Those women have no choice. Defying moral codes can result in arrest, caning or worse. In recent years, women have been victims of acid attacks for refusing to wear headscarves or for wearing them too loosely.

So it’s with a mixture of bemusement and exasperation that I watch privileged Western women celebrate garments like the burkini or hijab as if they’re an exotic oddity, rather than a means by which disempowered women are further marginalised.

Muslim headscarves are instruments of oppression and should not be celebrated as symbols of diversity.

In the past two weeks, regressive Lefties have been applauding the mandatory headscarves that some Islamic competitors were forced to wear at the Rio Olympics.

Veiled athletes were hailed as examples of multiculturalism, inclusiveness and female empowerment by dullards who looked past the reality of how women are treated in Muslim majority countries.

Tennis great Martina Navratilova was among those operating under the delusion that women competing in burkinis were free to choose, just like their Western sisters.

“Olympians in Hijab and Bikini, — as long as we have a choice, it is up to us to decide what is right for each of us,” Navratilova tweeted.

The only problem is that women in Islamic countries don’t have a choice and to pretend otherwise is a betrayal of the most disempowered women in the world; the very women that Western feminists should be fighting for instead of obsessing about trivial twaddle or, worse still, rationalising the treatment of women under Islam by indulging in cowardly moral relativism.

In Iran, women are not allowed to enter stadiums to watch all-male sporting events. The ban on females attending soccer matches was extended to sports such as volleyball in 2012.

Earlier this year, a 15-year-old girl dressed as a boy to see an Iranian Premier League soccer game at the ironically named Azadi (Freedom) stadium. She was arrested.

Last year, an Iranian-British woman, Ghoncheh Ghavami, was released from jail after serving five months for the crime of trying to attend a men’s volleyball game.

Ghavami was sentenced to 12 months but was released early thanks to international pressure. Many others are not so fortunate.

The Olympic movement supposedly values gender equality, but countries that treat women as second-class citizens are free to compete and are even applauded when they allow the occasional female to represent her country.

Saudi Arabia used the Rio Games to masterfully manipulate useful idiots who clapped like trained seals because the despot nation allowed four females to compete.

All four were given wildcard entries and didn’t have to meet formal qualification standards, but they did meet Saudi’s strict religious requirement in regards to their dress.

Let’s remember that these women are not allowed to drive a car or swim in a public pool and need a male guardian’s permission to travel.

And in Saudi Arabia, they can be stoned to death for crimes such as sorcery, adultery, lesbianism and atheism — but such inconvenient facts were ignored as fools celebrated the kingdom for “breaking barriers”.

Any religion or culture that requires girls and women to cover up for the sake of modesty has a fundamental problem with womanhood.

Wearing Muslim headscarves is conforming to a set of beliefs that casts women as temptresses who must cover up in case they entice men to act immorally.

The history and coercion behind the veil must never be forgotten by women in the West.

It was telling that while wilfully blind feminists celebrated burkinis and hijabs in Rio, Muslim women in Manbij, Syria — forced to live under Islamic State rule for more than two years — celebrated their liberation from the terror group by burning their burqas.

Rita Panahi is a Herald Sun columnist