The BOXSCORE thread [part 1]

Apples388

Billboard already reported U2's numbers for the first leg of their tour. They grossed $76 million and sold 650,000 tickets. I'm having a hard time believing Pollstar's numbers.

Did Billboard report The cross after The first leg or partially through out? IF so, I think we aren't getting boxscores until M heads to Europe..

Btw those numbers indicate U2 had like 117$ tickets price avarage so it would be strange indeed if M would only have that 84$ or whatever it was according to those "pollstar numbers"

enjoy this ride guys....it might be the last!

The last?

Are you for real? How long have you been a Madonna fan? There is no "last" when it comes to Madonna. :lmao:

This bitch is going to still be touring well into her 70s. You can hold me to that.

Oh btw while we wait for BB numbers, could someone Please explain how VIP tickets count to total cross? Or what tickets are not counted for? I know that The meet and greet tickets aren't counted. :)

The last?

Are you for real? How long have you been a Madonna fan? There is no "last" when it comes to Madonna. :lmao:

This bitch is going to still be touring well into her 70s. You can hold me to that.

think deeper....babe....and deeper!

U2's floor was all GA with prices around $90, the lower levels seats I think were $350. Madonna has way more VIP seats with a higher price she should gross more then them.

News from Hong Kong reports that 4 section A $2400 (350 us ) floor tickets were sold each for 118000hk (15000us) 50 times face value. Taiwan tickets and Japan too, 10 to 20 times face value.

Demand in Asian is real.

Shes the queen of asia.

This is unbelievable because nobody on earth did as great and high as she does over there.

Even michael jackson did not do that when he was alive.

She is the biggest pop star ever lived on earth.

Madonna is that big and famous. Period.

Even chineses love her with tons of money playing.

Edited by palladium75

U2's floor was all GA with prices around $90, the lower levels seats I think were $350. Madonna has way more VIP seats with a higher price she should gross more then them.

as far as U know, VIP tickets don't count for boxscores (though they obviously make money for artist). Or at least I am under Such Impression. I ask again, does someone have info about this?

FACT:

Pollstar is a reliable source but it usually reports lower numbers than billboard, in 2012 they gave MDNAT $296.1M while BB said 304M

Don't lose your mind for this numbers the initial predictions where near 180M - 220M, if we add Mexico and the Asian leg maybe she can pull near 250M.

But who cares????? The tour is beautiful, she's not losing money and if there's a loss it will be Live Nation loss not hers.

Enjoy the show people!!! At the end of the date this will be profitable, they make simulations and stuff, they're not stupid.

The denial Lol

It's real. You can only access this data who subscribes.

Here are the latest Katy's boxscores:

CQVocTmXAAAkJp_.jpg

CQVnVQmXAAAlaOJ.jpg

And apparently there is not much difference when Pollstar reports different stats.

Posted from another forum:

They're usually not very far from BB's stats. (Careful though, BB's gross & attendance could change, but the difference shouldn't be too big).

Edit: To give you an example, BB has Katy's Prismatic Tour at $187M & Pollstar at $189M (so far).

I still find Boston gross really weird tho. Even if they lowered the prices.

Edited by maxdamien

The denial Lol

What fucking denial? I swear your attitude is starting to really bug me. You are posting nothing but some backhanded negativity...

ALL we have done is speculate how The numbers are so weird. IF BB posts about The same ones, then fine. But since you are so high and mighty, please provide receipts of those Madonna boxscores that were posted, not some Katy Perry ones. We know pollstar is pretty reliable, but we are asking for receipts from The actual pollstar with a link or other reliable receipts of those M boxscores in question. Now The only "source" is someone post on another forum.

News from Hong Kong reports that 4 section A $2400 (350 us ) floor tickets were sold each for 118000hk (15000us) 50 times face value. Taiwan tickets and Japan too, 10 to 20 times face value.

Demand in Asian is real.

They should add another month of dates in Asia :wow::wow::wow:

How dare she only make $2 million per show from an arena tour when she was making $3 million per show ​from a stadium tour???

I can't anymore

I am going to burn my CDs (and no I don't mean rip them to mp3s)

I'll rip up the posters

I'm not a Madonna fan anymore

How dare she do this to me?

1989 Tour will be bigger

I'm a Taylor fan now

Duh!

Don't even try. Ppl wont believe just anything without receipts. And you failed to provide them.

Now we have confirmation and these are official. Smaller numbers than I hope and I still don't quite understand how (dollar value, discounts etc.)

However great numbers anyway! :)

Don't even try. Ppl wont believe just anything without receipts. And you failed to provide them.

Now we have confirmation and these are official. Smaller numbers than I hope and I still don't quite understand how (dollar value, discounts etc.)

However great numbers anyway! :)

Yes, exactly. The exchange rate is going to play a big part in this, but she's doing fine. Also it's clear that box office receipts only take into account the face value of the ticket and not the entire price of VIP packages.