The main problem with Rebel Heart

Is that there are just too many songs that could be singles. And it will be frustrating because some of them will lose out.

These should defo be singles:

BIM

Unapologetic Bitch

Iconic

Inside Out

Body Shop

Rebel Heart

Messiah (Christmas release)

Wash All Over Me

Illuminati

Hold Tight

I would also say DevilPray but it would NOT get radio play.

So which ones will lose out? :(

Bim

devil pray

inside out

WAOM

rebel heart

borrowed time

heartbreak city

joan of arc

addicted

yes..too many singles that we'll lose...

BIM would chase away the fans she hopefully have gathered with Ghosttown (which HAS to smash!).

I agree. I think the positive buzz from this album comes because many people got interested again. Not youngsters precisely

The main problem with RH is Madonna's whiny fans.

I have to admit, and anyone is welcome to come for me all day and night, but I never thought coming to the M-nation forums during the release of one of Madonna's best albums in years, if not one of her very best of all time, would bum me out so much.

I'm heading back below the surface to the scummy M-nation underworld that is Flop Divas & Princesses. Someone put the lotion if the basket and drop it down the hole from time to time for me. Gets dry down there.

Well I agree that the album has an abundance of single material, but that's hardly a problem, is it? :) Just goes to show how incredibly good this album is.

IMO the only real problem with the album is the tracklist. The flow is interrupted a lot of times - the middle part, for example, feels all over the place to me and the transition from SEX to Messiah is, well...there is no transition. I know she talked about the paradox thing, her two personalities etc., but still, it just doesn't work a lot of times.

Who cares about radio play and charts? I want Madonna to release relevant and artistic singles for the fans and to remain purposeful as an artist. I want her to put her all into the multimedia presentations of this fucking awesome material. Did it really matter what her single choices were for the last several albums? No. The radio was not going to play her anyway and that does not alter her un-compromised track record. Her commercial history and vast catalog are intact. Let Madonna be Madonna and I will consider the result a success. More recently, she has tried to manufacture chart success again and again when she should have been the artist that we know her to be. Commercial success will be in the bag from the tour sales anyway. Madonna is not having any trouble paying her bills so she should not be coaxed into behavior that seems as if her fame and fortune are on the brink of collapse. Deliberate marketing to radio will not achieve a good end result. MDNA, Hard Candy and Confessions offered far better material overall than a lot of the "hit" albums that radio was rubbing all over their crotches.. I would have rather had a kick ass video for I'm a Sinner or Love Spent than The Football Song....I mean Give Me All Your Lovin'..... any day. That single should have been a "I'm in the Super Bowl" promotional single at best. It was far below M's creative ability. Girl Gone Wild was so generic compared to Gang Bang, I'm a Sinner or Falling Free. Miles Away over Voices or the Devil Wouldn't Recognize You? Why? Did radio play Miles Away? No. Madonna needs to demand artistic liberty in all ventures forward. Let Guy Oseary and Live Nation worry about the charts and radio play. Guy Oseary needs to be given objectives and answer when they are not met. Madonna can afford the best. Let Meghan Trainer be the flavor of the moment. She's no Madonna. M needs to concentrate on being an artist and not trying to get played on the radio. I want singles and lots of them as I am drawn to the art. The people on infinite replay now will not be relevant in thirty years. Taylor Swift is not an artist. She is a commercialized and manufactured personality. I could name endless popular personalities and place them in the same category. Madonna has paved the way for many "artists". All of the women in the industry wear there underpants and bras to the award shows and during their performances. Their performance choreography also is Madonna designed. Beyonce and Mariah Carey are a prime examples of that truth. Both are talented but their public personas "borrow" so much from M. Same thing with Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande. Brittany Sp[ears.....Christina Aguilera..... My point is they are all copy-cats to an extent. Madonna changed the industry and that will not be forgotten regardless of what radio stations play or don't play. M needs to change the dialogue again within the industry. That is her gift.

Edited by sul8323

We are all going to say WHAT SHOULD BE A SINGLE based off personal tastes. At the end of the day WE DONT KNOW AND WILL NEVER know what will STICK with the Gen Public and radio (most of which refuse to play her anwyay)

We are all going to say WHAT SHOULD BE A SINGLE based off personal tastes. At the end of the day WE DONT KNOW AND WILL NEVER know what will STICK with the Gen Public and radio (most of which refuse to play her anwyay)

Exactly. People thought Sorry would be huge in the States, Give It 2 Me, Miles Away etc. Radio won't play her, so she should release the songs she wants to promote via videos and live performances, and just follow her artistic instincts.

Well to be fair having three different editions she could have made different atmospheres for each one and leave the sexy ones for the Superdeluxe for example and the playful ones for the Standard making the Deluxe more rebellious... I'm happy with the results though because I like random tracklists but I understand those who want a flow

I'd rather Madonna made music she was truly passionate about, rather than tracks that she thought were radio friendly. Radio isn't going to play her regardless of how good the songs are, she could release another song as good as Like A Prayer of Vogue and they still wouldn't play it,it's fucked up.

I have to admit, and anyone is welcome to come for me all day and night, but I never thought coming to the M-nation forums during the release of one of Madonna's best albums in years, if not one of her very best of all time, would bum me out so much.

I'm heading back below the surface to the scummy M-nation underworld that is Flop Divas & Princesses. Someone put the lotion if the basket and drop it down the hole from time to time for me. Gets dry down there.

Oh fuck off asshole, this is a positive thread

Not really. I love Devil Pray but I haven't listed it because I don't think it would get played. My list if personal favourites would be very different.