Brit Awards continued: The Queen is TRIUMPHANT giving the performance of her life!

ryan

Did anyone notice that Madonna hired these famous vogue dancers for the performance?

CAN YOU IMAGINE MADONNA PERFORMING VOGUE LIKE THIS ON THE NEW TOUR :dramatic:

one of these two is the one that pulled the cape. Oopsy! :blush:

but anyway, I don't think it's the dancer's fault. she couldn't have possibly known that Madonna didn't manage to untie the cape in the first place.

Yes!!! QoL Bidisha is back bidisha_140x140.jpg

Her article is AMAZING. It led me to googling her - such an interesting person. I'm going to find a copy of her Venetian Masters after reading an interview/review on it. :elite:

I think she wrote a fiercely defensive article after the adoption-saga 2.

I am going to look her up as that article expressed everything most Madonna fans think in the most powerful and intelligent way. It really blew me away. The fact that you also called her a QOL was enough for me to realize how wonderful she is. Always trust your taste Acko.

Hey I'm feeling positive. Today my aunt and two friends texted me to say how amazingly well she recovered and showed what a true star she is. All three of them like Madonna but don't really buy music. So because they have lifted me up up up today I've ordered them all a copy of Rebel heart deluxe version. I'll do the same for other people in my life who do the same. Spread the live and positivity:)

I am going to look her up as that article expressed everything most Madonna fans think in the most powerful and intelligent way. It really blew me away. The fact that you also called her a QOL was enough for me to realize how wonderful she is. Always trust your taste Acko.

:D

"Let down my guAAh".... I am forcing myself to watch.. its on mailonline allnight and day. that is remarkable in itself. they change subjects every x hrs.

painful to watch but by the time she's singing/kneeling down on that stage she's back! Amazing!

Madonna falls: finally a chink in the icon’s armour The Queen of Pop never loses her composure, which is why her tumble was so shocking for Madonna fans:

In more than thirty years as the Queen of Pop, Madonna’s incarnations include a nun, a virgin, and a punk rocker. But Wednesday night was the first time we saw Madonna lose her cool.

Last night’s BRIT Awards were not the first time we’ve watched a celebrity suffer an ungainly fall. Iggy Azalea is just one of countless other celebrities to fall during a performance and, as Jennifer Lawrence showed two years in a row at the Oscars, even A-listers in designer dresses can struggle to walk in heels. But for Madonna, who wore a billowing matador cloak on Wednesday in all her usual pomp and glory, the fall from grace was truly shocking.

Clumsiness suits some celebrities’ public image. Despite JLaw’s model looks and celebrity status, she’s naturally goofy in interviews and manages to act like everyone’s kooky best friend. Falling over only makes her more appealing.

But Madonna is not relatable, and her entire career is based on this untouchable image. The Queen of Pop creates fantastical personas for every stage, song and album, and these costumes are a defining part of her persona.

Madonna has a long history of attention-grabbing stunts: kissing a black Jesus in Like a Prayer or strapping herself to a giant crucifix during her 2006 world tour. She is intentionally inappropriate and provocative, showing the world what 56-year-old breasts and bottom look like and refusing to be cowed by sniping remarks.

Madonna is practiced at causing strong reactions from her audience, but for the first time, the shock on Wednesday night was outside of her careful planning. A backing dancer seemed to yank on the cloak while it was still attached to her neck, and Madonna was tugged backwards and down a staircase.

Still, there was no question of Madonna calling off her performance of Living for Love. The tumble itself may have been beyond her control, but Madonna did everything possible in the aftermath to once again defy expectations for a middle-aged pop star. She took barely 10 seconds to recover, in the fastest comeback from a fall from grace in pop history, and shows no signs of injury.

Meanwhile, Living for Love is quickly climbing the UK iTunes chart, showing that a glimpse of vulnerability hasn’t tarnished Madonna’s image among fans. Madonna isn’t a neatly packaged image, but a living icon. And if anyone can pull off a chink in her armour with aplomb, it’s the Queen of Pop.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/brit-awards/11436544/Madonna-falls-finally-a-chink-in-the-icons-armour.html#disqus_thread

I can't believe I taped the Awards on FUSE last night and got up to watch this morning only to find out that they only aired the first 2 hours and cut off her performance! I was so pissed !! Fortunately they are re-airing it tonight with the full 2 hours and 15 minutes.

I did see video of the fall though and even though I knew what was going to happen it was still so shocking and hard to watch. So glad she was OK and didn't skip a beat. This is how a true legend does it and the very definition of "the show must go on." WAY TO GO MADONNA!!

I can't believe I taped the Awards on FUSE last night and got up to watch this morning only to find out that they only aired the first 2 hours and cut off her performance! I was so pissed !! Fortunately they are re-airing it tonight with the full 2 hours and 15 minutes.

I did see video of the fall though and even though I knew what was going to happen it was still so shocking and hard to watch. So glad she was OK and didn't skip a beat. This is how a true legend does it and the very definition of "the show must go on." WAY TO GO MADONNA!!

It's hard to watch because, clearly, she could have hurt herself bad. Thank god, everything was fine.

She's a true star.

Probably the last one.

I have been thinking about this all day it has affected me so much. But I keep looking back to the photos from the end of the performance, she looks so strong, so defiant and so happy all at the same time, it's so Madonna, and so Rebel Heart.

I mean it's still really shocking because although we know she can be vulnerable (so many of her songs come to mind), she doesn't let that show as vulnerability. Even on MDNA, the Like a Virgin performance in Berlin where she cried all the way through, that was a very theatrical vulnerability. Here it was so human. But it's amazing and it's everything I love, and I think we all, and the world at large, loves so much about her.

And also! I really hope she doesn't hold their failed assassination attempt against Aya Sato and Bambi because they are unbelievable. I'm praying we'll get them on the tour.

She drew on a higher power: herself. Showing her famous mental and physical strength, she got to her feet, picked up the choreography and tune, un-lip-synced and note perfect as the isolated vocals from her performance at the Grammys show and finished triumphantly.

My heart skipped a beat when she fell.

She's such a professional and won't let anything stop her.

UN LIP SYNC!!!

Long Live The Queen!

Kristen-Bell-Happy-Tears.gif

I'm just so proud of her and my love for her continues to increase.

I couldn't watch it live cause I was at work all day but when I got home all I could read about is the fall and I was fearing the worst. I asked my friend when the fall happened so I was able to prepare myself. Thank god she landed the way she did because anything else she could've have experienced life-threatening injuries. I couldn't really enjoy myself during the rest of the performance cause I just felt so emotionally drained but I've now re-watched the performance for like the 10th time and I just get so much life from it. I absolutely loved the unexpected high-energy vogueing. I also loved how the camera actually showed the full chore during the 'up, up, up, up' part - Madge was going AWF!!! Aside from the fall, it was such a great performance and I'm so proud to call myself a Madonna fan.

Hey I'm feeling positive. Today my aunt and two friends texted me to say how amazingly well she recovered and showed what a true star she is. All three of them like Madonna but don't really buy music. So because they have lifted me up up up today I've ordered them all a copy of Rebel heart deluxe version. I'll do the same for other people in my life who do the same. Spread the live and positivity:)

My cousin just texted me to say nice things about M! 4th cd ordered today! I'm going to be so poor financially if this continues :)

so even when they let her fall she can put on a beautiful face

B-xhHjbXAAACdS1.jpg

Can I just laugh it off for a second? She even fell gracefully. It's a mishap, and she took care of it on her her own!

Since I know some of us are still shaken up...watch this vid - trust me, you'll feel better when you do -

:lmao: :lmao:

- I love this video, that was such a funny situation on that german TV

- Still no upload from Britawards youtube page of that performance :/

- ANd to the dancer of Taylor Swift: If something like this happens, the dancers are supposed NOT to help, instead they have to gon on with their part, only if sth. very serious e.g. screaming because of pain happens, you should help. But the show must go on and you have to do your part if you are a PROFESSIONAL dancer. Its not the first time M fell and none of the dancers helped her. That the philosophy of live shows, just go on with the performance. But it seems like this dude is just jealous and not more. So no promotion for negativity.

- That performance all I can say again was perfect, esp. those 2 new femal dancers. Cant wait for the tour and their part, it will slay asses

Taylor Swifts BRITs dancer: Its strange Madonnas dancers didnt help her

What did you make of the Madonna fall? None of the dancers seemed to react to her fall were they just being professional?

Its funny you mention the dancers reaction because I have watched it a couple of times since and find that bit very odd that they didnt grab her and help her up. Maybe because it was planned? Controversial. Everyone is talking about it though so planned or not planned it worked!

Ahhhh how sad, you didn't make the cut.

Well at least you got to perform for the second best.

Does anyone know more about this pic? Apparently it's her backstage meeting with a fan???

10987640_10152834687032979_3787889226696

Who's this cute dude?