New world tour to be announced next week!

Guest gang bang

Amsterdam Ziggodome is only possible second half of october, after the first weekend of november till mid november and the beginning of december! Fingers crossed, cause I booked a trip to Florida at Thanksgiving.... nooooooo!

I cannot believe Australia looks like missing out again? :angry:

Why can you not believe it? She has only ever toured Australia once, and that was over 20 years ago. Given the evidence before you from the past twenty years or so, it is far more likely for her to skip Australia than go to it.

Guest Hunterlas

I cannot believe Australia looks like missing out again? :angry:

The tour hasnt even been announced and we gonna start with this bullshit already?!?

I'm sure that she will go to Australia, Asia and SA in January 2016.

There's no way that she will only tour from August to December in a DWT itinerary.

I hope so, January/February next year is our last chance now before the stadiums become unavailable & the weather begins to turn cooler.

I find it funny we still debate which cities she will tour. She will tour the same ones she has for the past 5 tours with maybe a few small changes. Unless she tours Australia first I doubt she'll come here. They might pull another MDNAT and "plan" to come but ultimately pull out at the last minute. I can't imagine a second leg either really. She's only done that once and she's said many times she doesn't like being on the road for that long.

how is the dollar in australia? the economy etc? i hope she breaks this tour in two parts, this year, another next year!

It has nothing to do with the dollar because during MDNAT the AUD was trading higher than the USD I believe or it was almost at parity. The dollar excuse came about during DWT when it was $1.00AUD/$0.65USD. During RIT it was because the children were too young. During CT it was because we didn't have stadiums to support the "tonnage" of her stage. I don't believe S&S had an excuse, especially since most people expected the second leg to include Australia. She trolled us hard though when she released the itinerary and it was mainly the same markets she toured on the first leg. I believe this was when she gave us the written statement apologising for not coming and that she would definitely come on the next tour. For MDNAT it was because Lola was leaving home and going off to college so she wanted to spend time with her. That time we got the recorded message saying she was sorry but her children come first etc.

I think the reason she doesn't want to come here is because she'd have to do a lot of shows for the tour to make money like she does in the U.S./EU. Australia is bigger than the entire European continent and only has a few cities really worth playing in. She'd realistically need to spend 2-3 weeks here playing shows and I just don't see that being worth her time sadly.

Guest bluejean

Why can you not believe it? She has only ever toured Australia once, and that was over 20 years ago. Given the evidence before you from the past twenty years or so, it is far more likely for her to skip Australia than go to it.

Exactly! *Opens envelope at the 1998 Oscars announcing My Heart Will Go On as the winner* "What a shocker"

For MDNAT it was because Lola was leaving home and going off to college so she wanted to spend time with her. That time we got the recorded message saying she was sorry but her children come first etc.

I never believed that to be the reason she cancelled the australian leg of the tour...i think she realised it was too much for her, the show was incredibly demanding and she had never toured for so long without a break...

This time i think she'll skip South America and go for Australia...just my humble opinion of course.

how is the dollar in australia? the economy etc? i hope she breaks this tour in two parts, this year, another next year!

:lol: the dollar has plummeted in the last couple of months. But the exporters are totes happy :thumbsup:

It has nothing to do with the dollar because during MDNAT the AUD was trading higher than the USD I believe or it was almost at parity. The dollar excuse came about during DWT when it was $1.00AUD/$0.65USD. During RIT it was because the children were too young. During CT it was because we didn't have stadiums to support the "tonnage" of her stage. I don't believe S&S had an excuse, especially since most people expected the second leg to include Australia. She trolled us hard though when she released the itinerary and it was mainly the same markets she toured on the first leg. I believe this was when she gave us the written statement apologising for not coming and that she would definitely come on the next tour. For MDNAT it was because Lola was leaving home and going off to college so she wanted to spend time with her. That time we got the recorded message saying she was sorry but her children come first etc.

I think the reason she doesn't want to come here is because she'd have to do a lot of shows for the tour to make money like she does in the U.S./EU. Australia is bigger than the entire European continent and only has a few cities really worth playing in. She'd realistically need to spend 2-3 weeks here playing shows and I just don't see that being worth her time sadly.

Actually, the Australian dollar was trading at below $US0.50 during the DWT - its lowest point in history. No one was touring here back then - it just wasn't economically viable.

It was during Confessions that we got the written apology. She told Richard Wilkins (or maybe it was Molly Meldrum) that if the tour reached Japan, she'd come to Australia, but that didn't eventuate. Guy Oseary told me as late as early July 2006 that they were still hoping to make Australia happen, but it was proving to be difficult. Given what we know now, it might have been Madonna herself who was the sticking point, since she (quite rightly) wanted to be at home for when her kids started school.

For Sticky & Sweet, she was supposed to be here in January 2009, but the promoter pulled out. Apparently, Madonna was willing and able to come here, but ultimately, none of the Australian promoters were willing to bring the show here for the fee that Madonna wanted. There was a lot of argument at the time that she should have lowered her fee so that the promoters would back her financially, but really, why should she agree to be paid less if every other country was prepared to pay the asking price?

Dates were confirmed for MDNA, but Madonna didn't want to be on the road during January 2013.

Guest bluejean

Thank you Carta for all your insight, the info really is appreciated and respect to all my fellow Aussies. But I'm wondering if it would be best to keep the Australian tour snub dramas out of this tour thread and its in own separate Aussie thread? We want to keep this thread positive as the excitement builds and the "will she or won't she" reoccurring Australian melodrama will probably just end in tears again. It's not worth anyone holding their breath for imo.

I was surprised to see that old topic raise its head yet again in here, but couldn't resist responding to others' posts (I should have, though!). I think it's inevitable that any discussion of potential destinations is going to include a discussion of Australia, but yes, it would be wise to ignore history in here to keep the thread positive, agreed! :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

I was surprised to see that old topic raise its head yet again in here, but couldn't resist responding to others' posts (I should have, though!). I think it's inevitable that any discussion of potential destinations is going to include a discussion of Australia, but yes, it would be wise to ignore history in here to keep the thread positive, agreed! :thumbsup:

I just don't want to think about it :lol:

Despite the past - for some reason I am optimistic about Australia being included on the tour this time.

I'm expecting it.

The thing to bear in mind with predictions is the fact that today from a business point of view it is all about touring and concert ticket sales.

I felt strongly that there would be a tour this year despite speculation there might not be - and that tickets would go on sale around either album release date or some other big promotional event. I think it is also fair to predict that this tour will be lengthy and include as many stops as is deemed profitable. That's how it is now. Everything builds towards selling concert tickets. Everything!!!

At this point, she should really just fly the Aussies out to Europe or USA for the show. The logistics seem to play a big part as much as her decisions.

Guest Hunterlas

Despite the past - for some reason I am optimistic about Australia being included on the tour this time.

I'm expecting it.

The thing to bear in mind with predictions is the fact that today from a business point of view it is all about touring and concert ticket sales.

I felt strongly that there would be a tour this year despite speculation there might not be - and that tickets would go on sale around either album release date or some other big promotional event. I think it is also fair to predict that this tour will be lengthy and include as many stops as is deemed profitable. That's how it is now. Everything builds towards selling concert tickets. Everything!!!

Yes. Line by line. Word by word.