New Article: "Madonna Could Actually Teach Mariah Carey How to Sing"

I know that some may think that this should have been posted in the Grammys thread (or even the Mariah Carey one). However, I thought that it should have its own thread because it is actually less about the Grammy performance than it is about Madonna's impressive vocal abilities--and because any article with a title this delicious deserves its own spotlight.

Article Link:

http://www.inquisitr.com/1837925/shocker-madonna-could-actually-teach-mariah-carey-how-to-sing-video/

As much as i don't like Mariah and her fans have been at it against Madonna for years i think these articles are unnecessary. Bashing an artist to make another look great is something we Madonna fans have endured like forever, these articles sound "gay" and immature just like the ones telling Madonna to "put it away" or "act appropriate" & "dress her age", I sound like a sourpuss but to me it comes from the same source.

As much as i don't like Mariah and her fans have been at it against Madonna for years i think these articles are unnecessary. Bashing an artist to make another look great is something we Madonna fans have endured like forever, these articles sound "gay" and immature just like the ones telling Madonna to "put it away" or "act appropriate" & "dress her age", I sound like a sourpuss but to me it comes from the same source.

But a good sourpuss somehow :lol:

I love this article. Not generally one for bashing, but on this topic it's simply a case of "about fucking time someone said something."

Plus Mariah has the bitchiest fans ever next to Gaga's so this brings me sheer delight.

Guest Pud Whacker

ive been saying this for years!!!

madonna never gets credit for her FABULOUS singing over the years and its all because in TRUTH OR DARE she said, i may not be the best singer...

Madonna has this unique voice that is really, really rare. She is the Enya of pop (if that makes any sense). But yeah, I love it that she sings so effortlessly that at times it seems as if the song is just an easy one to sing. But those notes are usually pretty high and challenging. Mariah would sound like she is screaming if she tried to sing Madonna's songs. Look at the disaster of Rhianna trying to cover Vogue. Madonna is just the natural. She never breaks her vocal chords to get a certain note, is always relaxed and confident. I honestly don't know how she does it. So yes I agree with this article. If anything, may be Madonna could teach Mooriah how to stop screaming like a chipmunk!!!

Madonna has this unique voice that is really, really rare. She is the Enya of pop (if that makes any sense). But yeah, I love it that she sings so effortlessly that at times it seems as if the song is just an easy one to sing. But those notes are usually pretty high and challenging. Mariah would sound like she is screaming if she tried to sing Madonna's songs. Look at the disaster of Rhianna trying to cover Vogue. Madonna is just the natural. She never breaks her vocal chords to get a certain note, is always relaxed and confident. I honestly don't know how she does it. So yes I agree with this article. If anything, may be Madonna could teach Mooriah how to stop screaming like a chipmunk!!!

she makes it look easy.it is the same with her dancing:she makes it look easy,but obviously,is not

know what you mean, but don't agree....this is maybe the first time a journalist praise her voice, when usually she's always, uninformedly, trashed....here the writers just makes a comparison between Madonna, usually underrated, and boriah, whice (had once) fame of a great vocalist...and "act appropriate, dress her age" is just envying, blind, ageism.....

I SO love this article! Thanks so much for posting! I have been in love with Madonna's voice since I was 12 years old, and nothing's changed. She truly is, for me, one of the best femal voices in HISTORY. Can't wait to shove this article in the face of many of my friends and family who say she can't sing! HA! Love it!

Understand where you are coming from. I can't stand Mariah but don't even want her mentioned when talking about Madonna. I know I personally hate it when people bring Madonna up in a negative way to praise their favourites so not sure if this is the way to go. However, wonderful to see Madonna's voice praised as she is so under-rated as a vocalist. Madonna is such a clear, emotive and beautiful singer and she never gets the due respect and praise she deserves. So I am wrapped that this article drives the point home about her as a vocalist.

The funny thing is, we are all intelligent people who KNOW and HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN that Madonna is vocally gifted. And we probably all scratch our heads when people say "Madonna can't actually sing," which they state as some grand fact that they expect everyone to accept. I mean, I hear/read people say that, and I am so perplexed. But it's one of those myths that took hold thirty plus years ago that has just been co-opted by mindless drones over time and regurgitated as fact. To anyone who actually listens to her records or sees her in concert, they know the truth. And to be honest, I know more people in my own life who like her voice than people who like Mariah's.

Love that M came out of the punk scene and was not afraid to sing and play instruments even though she was not trained like today's entitled and privileged "artists".

Yes, she just embraced being a vocalist with so much passion and enthusiasm. And we have seen the evolution of that voice, which she has preserved and continues to shine.

If you change anything about Madonna's voice, I dont think she would be successful as she is.

It's the uniqueness in her voice that makes her standout and highly adaptable to experiment,it's distinct and all her own.If singing high notes equals great artisty then every gospel choir singer would have a recording contract.Madonna may not have the high vocal range as Whitney, Celine, or Mariah but personally I find Madonna's voice to be more genuine and sincere making me feel what she's singing, and just because you can sing high notes doesn't necessarily mean you can interpret a song.Mariah has been known to irrationally sing (or SCREAM) high notes at random times during a song just for the sake of it,singers like Norah Jones can be deeply expressive w/o sorting to screaming her lungs out.

We've all seen great vocalists come and and go over the years but they lacked any artistry to sustain any longevity or they're limited to making the same commercialized music over and over again

If you change anything about Madonna's voice, I dont think she would be successful as she is. It's the uniqueness in her voice that makes her standout and highly adaptable to experiment,it's distinct and all her own.If singing high notes equals great artisty then every gospel choir singer would have a recording contract.

Madonna may not have the high vocal range as Whitney, Celine, or Mariah but personally I find Madonna's voice to be more genuine and sincere making me feel what she's singing, and just because you can sing high notes doesn't necessarily mean you can interpret a song.Mariah has been known to irrationally sing (or SCREAM) high notes at random times during a song just for the sake of it,singers like Norah Jones can be deeply expressive w/o sorting to screaming her lungs out.

We've all seen great vocalists come and and go over the years but they lacked any artistry to sustain any longevity or they're limited to making the same commercialized music over and over again

This This This :clap::clap:

I can't even imagine Mooriah singing a song like Drowned World or The Look Of Love

Not now, not 20 years ago

I agree, Madonna is just able to emote through her voice like no one else. This is why the majority of her songs are untouchable (i.e. no one, no matter how great their vocal range, can do justice to songs like Frozen or Like A Prayer).
Also, whenever someone says Madonna can't sing, I invite them to try to sing Ray Of Light without sounding like a dying cow (especially the bits at the end).

I agree that Madonna does not show enough confidence in her vocals or music. I have always thought that. I have always thought she put too much confidence In acting when In that setting I feel she struggles In letting go.

All of her confidence Is In the message and I believe Madonna loves music and it's a perfect outlet for her to let go. No one can sing her songs or any song she puts emotion to like she can. She also has a unique sounding voice which is everything.

I agree that Madonna does not show enough confidence in her vocals or music. I have always thought that. I have always thought she put too much confidence In acting when In that setting I feel she struggles In letting go.

All of her confidence Is In the message and I believe Madonna loves music and it's a perfect outlet for her to let go. No one can sing her songs or any song she puts emotion to like she can. She also has a unique sounding voice which is everything.

:clap::clap::clap: