Graham Norton comments on Madonna [merged]

XXL

Why was he surprised by her behavior at the funeral? She's not an idiot. She knows what's appropriate and how to behave.

I think it's very complimentary what he's saying. There are many stars who would make a PR opportunity of a funeral and try to get papped and dominate proceedings. Remember the Jacksons and all their sunglasses etc at Michael's funeral?

Madonna's a class act and as he says, knows how to tone down the celebrity out of respect.

I think he's been very fair and honest. He does love and respect her. I think people like Dolly who are very friendly just handle it slighltly differently and still manage to maintain a professional distance.

I think it's very complimentary what he's saying. There are many stars who would make a PR opportunity of a funeral and try to get papped and dominate proceedings. Remember the Jacksons and all their sunglasses etc at Michael's funeral?

Madonna's a class act and as he says, knows how to tone down the celebrity out of respect.

I think he's been very fair and honest. He does love and respect her. I think people like Dolly who are very friendly just handle it slighltly differently and still manage to maintain a professional distance.

I just think his wording was a bit weird, that he expected Madonna to make it all about her. That's all :)

From a 2012 interview

Was she a diva? ‘Actually she wasn’t. She didn’t make any demands. She came on, and within a few minutes she was on the floor on her hands and knees. She was on a charm offensive.’

And how nervous was he? ‘Terribly. I was worried it wouldn’t happen. But oddly enough, as soon as she came up the little steps, that was it. I felt it didn’t actually matter what happened after that, because she was on the show. Afterwards we went out for dinner and got really drunk – not Madonna; me and my friends – and the atmosphere all day was incredible. It was like a royal visit.’

So which one is it? :semifunny:

Or is she only mean if she's not hanging out with him every other day?

Because it's clear you can't be both mean and charming at the same time

i think he's having a case of the typical media mass. i remember people saying how mean she was on norton graham, maybe thats when he changed his opinion. same thing happens @ her concerts.. "oh it was sooooooooo good!!!!!" a few bad reviews come up and suddenly she was awful.

If Madonna had said " Hi and Bye " to me in the street I would be so freaking Happy. I mean I didn't have to acknowledge all and sundry for crying out loud.

She wouldn't have made it to the end of the street otherwise.

I think it was pretty cool of her to even say "Hi and Bye " . I mean what do these people want ?

Guest Rachelle of London

They edited her to look bad on that show. For us fans that were at the taping we know that she wasn't rude to those doll makers. Anyone that went to MDNA Tour knows cos they were practically in every golden triangle and featured on the DVD. The editing of that interview was very strange.

They edited her to look bad on that show. For us fans that were at the taping we know that she wasn't rude to those doll makers. Anyone that went to MDNA Tour knows cos they were practically in every golden triangle and featured on the DVD. The editing of that interview was very strange.

I didn't even think the doll portion of the interview was that bad. She was as she always is, but I didn't get any vibes that she "loathed" anything.

Not speaking necessarily of Graham here because I don't know him personally but of my own experience with people and especially fans I have observed in general. People who have inflated egos and ones who have very little self esteem seem to love fake. It's all about what a celebrity gives to them and that's how they judge them as a person. It's been my experience that very few of the general population appreciates real when someone responds to them.

If someone doesn't fawn all over me and doesn't become my friend I do not see that as mean. If someone actively tries to make my life miserable or constantly puts me down in hopes that no one else will like me then that is mean.

I like niceties as long as they are not deceiving.

This is one of the reasons I cherish Madonna. I cherish her.

How did he bash her in any way? I thought it was a funny read

The "no friendship developed" part was clearly not meant seriously, he never said she had diva demands and even says they would've accepted anything to have her on the show

but here we go ... essays in bold and red :lmao:

get a grip, people :lol:

Guest Rachelle of London

How did he bash her in any way? I thought it was a funny read

The "no friendship developed" part was clearly not meant seriously, he never said she had diva demands and even says they would've accepted anything to have her on the show

but here we go ... essays in bold and red :lmao:

get a grip, people :lol:

My thoughts exactly. He's always been complimentary to M. Including this week in many interviews