Madonna and the bitch lingo

Guest CzarnaWisnia

You're the one being dramatic with your tone. It's just a discussion. Can't we discuss something without being accused of being "bent out of shape", ridiculous and pointlessly dramatic? If you don't agree, you're free to say so, there's no need to be so aggressive about it. No one forced you to read the thread in the first place if it bothers you.

Um he's just giving his opinion, you're the one being needlessly dramatic in return - because it happens to differ from YOUR opinion. #shutdafuqup

You're the one being dramatic with your tone. It's just a discussion. Can't we discuss something without being accused of being "bent out of shape", ridiculous and pointlessly dramatic? If you don't agree, you're free to say so, there's no need to be so aggressive about it. No one forced you to read the thread in the first place if it bothers you.

Of course you can discuss whatever and express however you want. It's just baffling to me that fans of a woman who said fuck 13 times on Letterman, who hitch hiked nude on a busy freeway in Miami, a woman who at 53 yrs old exposed more of herself onstage than EVER before seem to have a problem with her using slang on Instagram.....it's the equivalent of LOL/WTF/LMAO being used in text messages. I have a friend who will use "yaaas" in text form in a jestful way but would never talk like that in real life. It's just hard for me to comprehend how people take every little word said sooooo seriously and form these completely off based assumptions. That is more of a observation about social media in general, although it's definitely applicable in this case. Sorry, but to me someone who isn't capable of separating clearly jestful comments from something said in a serious manner just come across as stuck up prudes to me.....I mean that may be "aggressive" but that's my impression. As mentioned before, some of you must be an absolute blast to party with......although I'm sure partying is probably against the rules. If Madonna took herself as seriously as some people, she would've crumbled a long time ago.

i personally wouldn't worry about what Madonna says or #tags on IG. it's all meant to be tongue in cheeks.. she's always had that sense of humor. Madonna's always felt young in spirit.. she's bound to have that side shown on her IG.

Also, bitch is not a teenager word.. i mean everybody uses that word in different contexts and it's been around for a very long time.. so i don't understand what people mean by it's teen talk.... can see a word like twerk being a new word used by teens but bitch has been used throughout many generations now.

Madonna doesn't have to prove she's mature or clever or she's 56 or well-spoken, etc.. she won't be put in a box. Deal with it!

"Stop BITCH!!! Now sit your ass down!"

Of course you can discuss whatever and express however you want. It's just baffling to me that fans of a woman who said fuck 13 times on Letterman, who hitch hiked nude on a busy freeway in Miami, a woman who at 53 yrs old exposed more of herself onstage than EVER before seem to have a problem with her using slang on Instagram.....it's the equivalent of LOL/WTF/LMAO being used in text messages. I have a friend who will use "yaaas" in text form in a jestful way but would never talk like that in real life. It's just hard for me to comprehend how people take every little word said sooooo seriously and form these completely off based assumptions. That is more of a observation about social media in general, although it's definitely applicable in this case. Sorry, but to me someone who isn't capable of separating clearly jestful comments from something said in a serious manner just come across as stuck up prudes to me.....I mean that may be "aggressive" but that's my impression. As mentioned before, some of you must be an absolute blast to party with......although I'm sure partying is probably against the rules. If Madonna took herself as seriously as some people, she would've crumbled a long time ago.

THIS!

Of course you can discuss whatever and express however you want. It's just baffling to me that fans of a woman who said fuck 13 times on Letterman, who hitch hiked nude on a busy freeway in Miami, a woman who at 53 yrs old exposed more of herself onstage than EVER before seem to have a problem with her using slang on Instagram.....

Agreed and great point! But I don't think it's the slang on instagram. I have noticed a lot of people on different forums seem to have this big problem with her still being sexual when she has always been that kind of artist. Somewhere I read someone wrote why is she always focusing on sex and wearing revealing costumes? Why isn't she like Florence Welch and Lorde? Either it's ageism or they have really misunderstood or not comprehended the type of artist she has always been. I don't get why a lot of people think that way but they seem to.

Agreed and great point! But I don't think it's the slang on instagram. I have noticed a lot of people on different forums seem to have this big problem with her still being sexual when she has always been that kind of artist. Somewhere I read someone wrote why is she always focusing on sex and wearing revealing costumes? Why isn't she like Florence Welch and Lorde? Either it's ageism or they have really misunderstood or not comprehended the type of artist she has always been. I don't get why a lot of people think that way but they seem to.

It seems as she gets older, things that she has ALWAYS done have suddenly become unacceptable, desperate, immature etc, so I definitely think ageism is a big culprit in that. They think because she's 56 she should have "grown out of" using sex/nudity in her art or that she can't wear grillz or whatever the case may be.

It seems as she gets older, things that she has ALWAYS done have suddenly become unacceptable, desperate, immature etc, so I definitely think ageism is a big culprit in that. They think because she's 56 she should have "grown out of" using sex/nudity in her art or that she can't wear grillz or whatever the case may be.

Yes, that's definitely part of it. But I think there's something else. It just seems now society is more anti-sex and prudish especially when it comes to female sexuality. I am constantly reading interviews where people are saying women artists can't be sexual and they should just cover up and use their talent. Why can't you be sexy and talented? Or people seem to think being sexy is somehow anti-feminist like you are just trying to please men. Whereas Madonna's use of sexuality has always been empowering and about a woman being in control of her own body and fantasies. I guess part of it is also there are female artists that are just sexual and aren't talented or involved in their own music like Madonna is. So basically people can't distinguish between those type of artists and what Madonna is about.

I believe that even if she is hated for certain things in the present (lingo, sexuality, ageism), she will be looked back on by a larger number in a fond way than decried.

As she approaches certain things, some people feel threatened by her, but she almost always has the balls to stick with her principles and not shy away.

History has already shown this, from her initial use of overt sexuality from a female point of view, to statements on pregnancy/choice, religion, war, and ageism.

Once people have a chance to reflect on it, she is viewed more in a positive light than at the time it all goes down. Not by all of course, but by a larger percentage.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

It's not your opinion I found aggressive, just the tone and choice of words of the post I was talking about. What you just wrote, quoted above, is just fine and I agree with a lot of it actually.

I think the medium of Instagram is actually more the issue than whatever Madonna says through it. Unlike the examples from her career you mentioned, when she (or anyone else) writes anything on Instagram, it's sort of disembodied, there's no context (like there would be in an interview, a song, a video, etc.), and the words just become kinds of buzzwords that don't really mean much. So you're right that whatever we may say about her use of Instagram probably does have more to do with social media than anything else.

BOOM.

I don't know what's up with some folks....I feel like going, "do you know of Madonna before Ray of Light?" :rotfl:

Yes, that's definitely part of it. But I think there's something else. It just seems now society is more anti-sex and prudish especially when it comes to female sexuality. I am constantly reading interviews where people are saying women artists can't be sexual and they should just cover up and use their talent. Why can't you be sexy and talented? Or people seem to think being sexy is somehow anti-feminist like you are just trying to please men. Whereas Madonna's use of sexuality has always been empowering and about a woman being in control of her own body and fantasies. I guess part of it is also there are female artists that are just sexual and aren't talented or involved in their own music like Madonna is. So basically people can't distinguish between those type of artists and what Madonna is about.

THIS exactly. I don't know what it is here either...and you see it a lot from the "social justice warrior" types, where everybody has to stay in their lane and don't you dare cross certain lines or else you're "appropriating" or "problematic", and ultimately every one is more divided than ever. The same with sexuality, esp. with women, by other women... or the policing of gender expressions of queer men, by other queer men! I don't know what it is with all this policing of certain expressions. Ageism is DEFINITELY at the core of it with women like Madonna (even the oh-so-righteous academic types), let alone a lot of internalized sexism they've all bought into. That's why I love Madonna in ways I can't even articulate...even to her own fans, she NEVER yields....she NEVER surrenders...the more you push back, the more she's going to, to expose that hypocrisy. Damn, perhaps that's why I enjoy HC and MDNA, because I think there's a lot there, in-between the lines, that a lot folks miss.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

No more DISSERTATIONS or ARTICLES on her "bitch lingo"? I wonder which applied linguistic journal will accept them for publishing?

Why are you all fucking quiet now?

Because your linguistic theses have been finished?

It doesn't serve much to discuss certain topics further if it brings the psychotics out from under the rocks they intellectually lie under.

You want the evidence that Madonna has the worst whining Internet gays as fans?

Read this thread.

jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-it

It doesn't serve much to discuss certain topics further if it brings the psychotics out from under the rocks they intellectually lie under.

Don't let yourself be dissuaded by the intolerant dimwitted knee-jerk shouting of insults by the odd individual. I appreciate this thread and - looking at the preceding pages + posts - so do others.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Don't let yourself be dissuaded by the intolerant dimwitted knee-jerk shouting of insults by the odd individual. I appreciate this thread and - looking at the preceding pages + posts - so do others.

Thanks :) I just discovered the ignore function in this place, so it'll make things more enjoyable as I separate the wheat from the chaff.