LIES: fake, non-story from some internet nobody about Madonna & WB in 1994

Fuzzy Dream

People wrote that she was an one hit wonder ,remember? People even wrote that her effort to be a serious artist with Ray of light failed .People say all the time that she's desperate ,untalented ,a whore ,a bad mother and all kind of negative bullshit.

We don't care what the media says .The end

This article is pure bullshit, for one thing Madonna JUST signed a huge $60 mil contract with Warners in 1992, IN THE MIDDLE OF SHOOTING THE SEX BOOK THAT WARNERS BOOK DIVISION WOULD RELEASE

When Madonna signed her huge record deal, part of the deal,was not only her own label Maverick, but also that Warners Books would release SEX

Erotica UNDERPWRFORMED, but is sure as hell wasnt a flip, it shipped 2 million, in the US ALONE and by the fall of 1993, had sold 1.4 million in,stores PLUS Columbia House and BMG sales

Worldwide the album sold ovet 6 million,copies and The Girlie Show,Tour, had at the time, one of the highest per concert grosses by a female act in history, in fact it grossed over $70 million with only 39 shows

It was more commercially successful than the Blond Ambition Tour, which happened at Madonnas supposed peak in 1990.

As a whole, the 90s were an extremely succeasful decade,for Madonna, conmercially and critically

She was the 6th top selling artist of the decade in the US, only outsold in the US,by Garth Brooks, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Celine Dion and Boyz II Men

She was also the 4th biggest selling act worldwide, outsold by only Brooks, Carey, and Dion

sotos8, I kbow,people,said that Madonna was,a one,hit wonder and that she would not last in,the early 80s, but I never heard the media,say that her makeover for Ray of Light failed.

I guess you had to be around in 1992-93 to understand just how bad things were. Someone could literally shoot Madonna in the head and get away with it. History is always rewritten and people actually believe that 1992-94 were creative and glorious years for the Madonna empire. They weren't.

I've had quite enough of your shenanigans. WHY do you "Cindystime" always come out of nowhere to give merit to Angela Cheng creature in EVERY post related to it here? I notice you also frequently post links here to articles from Angela Cheng within just minutes of their publication. Helping your "friend" earn cash for clicks? Can you also explain why you recently registered an "Angela Cheng" alias account? :electropop: You're still doing the same DUMB reverse psychology psycho fan shit from your TeamLamb days. I know it's you, because you have the same exact style and methods. And your location is NOT coincidentally from the same exact SoCal area when you were on your TeamLamb schtick! You're not using this site again to widely spread your psycho fiction and get those click$. Get a real job Daryll! Fuck off!

*FLUSH*

sotos8, I kbow,people,said that Madonna was,a one,hit wonder and that she would not last in,the early 80s, but I never heard the media,say that her makeover for Ray of Light failed.

I saw in the 8 o'clock news the anchorman saying it when Hung up was released ,but my point is media say all kind of negative bullshit regarding Madonna.I for one haven't read a positive thing in years .even when SEX was released poeople admitted that at least she's the best and more clever businesswoman in showbiz (nd this i read in a serious business magazine at the time)

I've had quite enough of your shenanigans. WHY do you "Cindystime" always come out of nowhere to give merit to Angela Cheng creature in EVERY post related to it here? I notice you also frequently post links here to articles from Angela Cheng within just minutes of their publication. Helping your "friend" earn cash for clicks? Can you also explain why you recently registered an "Angela Cheng" alias account? :electropop: You're still doing the same DUMB reverse psychology psycho fan shit from your TeamLamb days. I know it's you, because you have the same exact style and methods. And your location is NOT coincidentally from the same exact SoCal area when you were on your TeamLamb schtick! You're not using this site again to widely spread your psycho fiction and get those click$. Get a real job Daryll! Fuck off!

*FLUSH*

:rotfl: BOOM! Take em down Sly, take em down!

This Angela cunt is disgusting and what's even more disgusting is that some M fans kiss up to her now that she's bashing Gaga. Queen Angela my ass. She's nothing more than an internet troll.

1. Rebel Heart

2. Unapologetic Bitch

3. Boom

4. Iconic

5. Living for Love

6. Inside Out

7. Special Dog

8. Shameless Human

9. Revolution of Love

10. Wash All Over Me

11. Holy Water

12. Messiah

13. Veni Vidi Vici

*FLUSH*

OMG !! :lmao:

I read her comment and I said to myself: this guy is Angela Cheng. I'm sure that's her!!

And now it's flushed! :lol: Good riddance!

Firstly, I'm not trying to be all Angela Cheng about this. Hopefully, you will all know by now I'm not some loon but being old enough to remember this, the backlash by the media was terrible here in the UK and the US hence the tour going down under and into Latin America. It's been reported for years that Madonna said that the reaction nearly did break her and she had a 'what have I done' moment.

However, receiving death threats was probably not new to her by then after the Like A Prayer and Justify My Love furores which were both really big too! In fact, for many artists it's pretty common and apparently nothing really to worry about. It's the fanatic stalkers who declare their undying love who are the ones to avoid as Madonna knows from the guy that broke in to her place.

I did wonder why Bye Bye Baby made it to promo but didn't get released in the US but I assume the reaction wasn't that positive so it got canned. So, it might be embellished in places but out of the whole of her career, this was definitely pretty much the lowest point aside from the MDNA album only lasting two months.

I'm pretty sure they were never planning a proper release for "Bye Bye Baby". It was only put out because of the tour, bit of fun, nothing more and nothing less. Certainly I don't remember anything about it at the time anyway.

LOL this made up-history bring me back memories...

Anyway, if any little part of this is true, then it really was a backclash of biblical proportions, ONLY THE QUEEN! :laugh::dramatic:

Others like ( :vomit: CaCa and her little idiots) could only dream on a backlash like this. :yes:

I don't remember anything about it at the time anyway.

Same goes for all this over the top backlash talk, in the UK at least. Let's see ...Madonna weekends on MTV, ratings busting Jonathan Ross interview with crowds swarming outside the hotel, Madonna day on Radio 1 playing the album non stop, video premiers being event TV, "Sex" selling-out nationwide....leading to a platinum album, 5 top 10 singles, Wembley Stadium sold out twice over "if this is a career slump, may it last forever" is the famous quote from that time period I remember. Most artists these days would KILL for such exposure.

All slightly disappointing when compared to the giddy heights of 1990, aka The Year of Madonna? Perhaps. But then what could live up to that?

The "backlash" consisted of bad reviews for BOE, Piers Morgan and his ilk christening Madonna the "queen of sleaze" and a few "Is Madonna a Gonna" headlines in the papers.

And that's without even mentioning the complete artistic BRILLIANCE of that era. Still unsurpassed.

I'm pretty sure they were never planning a proper release for "Bye Bye Baby". It was only put out because of the tour, bit of fun, nothing more and nothing less. Certainly I don't remember anything about it at the time anyway.

I think it was in the Interview with juliette hohnen where M asked if BBB would be her next video and M said no showing no interest to the idea at all.

Though it is a shame that radio remix was never released or leaked :(