Did Madonna go to the Kate Bush concert on Tues? (Rumours or Lies from DM site?)

Ugly Hecty

Objectively Kate Bush only has a major hit with Wuthering Heights.. and that was back in the 70's. She is most certainly a pioneer when it comes down to performance combining theater and music... i'm sure Madonna does owe her a lot in that respect but I'm not necessarily into her music.. it sounds too lethargic for my taste.

Yes, as usual the British press is now hyping her as if she's only just started and everybody's praising her current and past works.. to tell the truth i might most likely have fallen asleep during her show judging from the reviews i have read or the pictures i have seen online.. i did not find anything so ground breaking and unique as the media reported. Bjork and other artists have been doing same kind of thing for decades now.. they just did not go hiding for 35 years and come back prompting a new found interest..

Thing is music today is so boring and predictable all these music journalists are jumping on anything just to escape the sad scenario of the industry...

The "weird" pictures and costumes and even the set at some point have all been seen in Madonna shows talking about the theater experience but no one is going to say that because the media have already made up their mind saying Kate Bush is better and more original than Madonna.

Madonna being at the concert?? She must have laughed her head off when she saw her Bang Gang set on stage...

Now the media is going all out with their hands up in the air praising Kate Bush (which i appreciate.. don't get me wrong) but let's just hope she is not going to show any sign of controversy and we' ll see those knives getting sharp and a lot of backlash coming her way, too. So please, let's not fool ourselves.. when the hype goes down they will be trying to look for someone else to put on the pedestal and we all are going to get intrigued by it.

:lmao:

Wow. You're clearly completely clueless.

Objectively Kate Bush only has a major hit with Wuthering Heights.. and that was back in the 70's. She is most certainly a pioneer when it comes down to performance combining theater and music... i'm sure Madonna does owe her a lot in that respect but I'm not necessarily into her music.. it sounds too lethargic for my taste.

Yes, as usual the British press is now hyping her as if she's only just started and everybody's praising her current and past works.. to tell the truth i might most likely have fallen asleep during her show judging from the reviews i have read or the pictures i have seen online.. i did not find anything so ground breaking and unique as the media reported. Bjork and other artists have been doing same kind of thing for decades now.. they just did not go hiding for 35 years and come back prompting a new found interest..

Thing is music today is so boring and predictable all these music journalists are jumping on anything just to escape the sad scenario of the industry...

The "weird" pictures and costumes and even the set at some point have all been seen in Madonna shows talking about the theater experience but no one is going to say that because the media have already made up their mind saying Kate Bush is better and more original than Madonna.

Madonna being at the concert?? She must have laughed her head off when she saw her Bang Gang set on stage...

Now the media is going all out with their hands up in the air praising Kate Bush (which i appreciate.. don't get me wrong) but let's just hope she is not going to show any sign of controversy and we' ll see those knives getting sharp and a lot of backlash coming her way, too. So please, let's not fool ourselves.. when the hype goes down they will be trying to look for someone else to put on the pedestal and we all are going to get intrigued by it.

This was absolutely refreshing to read.

Guest whatatramp

what kind of RebelHart teas ??

Guest whatatramp

Was I in the same room as Madonna and Bjork last night?

we were counting on you to find out album info! :( did you have a good time?

Good job I didn't know Madonna was supposed to be in the crowd, otherwise I would have been stalking. The concert was good, not a patch on a M gig though.

didn't the crowd talk about famous ppl being in the audience? thats what usually happens. but anyway, glad u had a great time! :)

Unfortunately, she didn't perform "Wuthering Heights", "Babooshka" or "Wow". In fact, she didn't perform anything from her first 4 album's but she pretty much made up for it with her spectacular performance of "The Ninth Wave". The show's been getting amazing reviews so far.

Setlist:

Lily

Hounds of Love

Joanni

Running Up That Hill

Top of the City

King of the Mountain

The Ninth Wave

And Dream of Sheep

Under Ice

Waking the Witch

Watching You Without Me

Jig of Life

Hello Earth

The Morning Fog

A Sky of Honey

Prelude

Prologue

An Architect’s Dream

The Painter’s Link

Sunset

Aerial Tal

Somewhere in Between

Nocturn

Aerial

Among Angels

Cloudbusting

Great setlist! Thanks for posting it. So great that she played The Ninth Wave in full...that would definitely be at the top of my wish list above any of her hits if I were seeing her. The Aerial suite would be cool to see as well.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

:rotfl:

i'm sorry but that's my opinion.. you can all laugh and make fun of my-uneducated-self.. that's not going to change my opinion.. i'm sure you are into that sort of music.. i'm more into something with a bass and beat (call me superficial... i don't care) or truly ground breaking and thought provoking.

i don't have to like Kate Bush.. i don't have to praise her because now all the UK media is all over her, announcing it as this huge artistic thing... that doesn't cut it for me. Besides, long ropes never did it for me either...

Peace

people can like whoever they like. I don't think anyone here is forcing others to like kate.

I just know her classics and I also have to admit I thought she was one of those tori amos style of artists who sits behind a piano most of the time. Im very interested in her now knowing she puts on a theatrical show as well. Does anyone have videos? the ones from the press arent working for me for some reason. everyone is raving about this show and im curious to see it and make up my own mind. (cuz I know the british press tends to overrate certain people so.. :p I'd like to see it for myself)

I know the british press tends to overrate certain people so

Exactly.. Just look at how much hype they gave to acts like Spice Girls, One Direction, Robbie Williams, kylie Minogue.. the list can go on and on..

I did not see her show but i have seen some pictures and it did not strike me as ground breaking.. maybe it's one of those things where you have to be there to appreciate it but i' m not into her music.. why would i be? I'm sure Madonna likes Kate Bush and she was possibly inspired but let's not forget how Madonna's been consistently giving us live shows for 30 years and she is not just relying on some "artistic" sensibility but she also has to juggle the commercial side of it which is much harder to achieve.. in short, if you're the typical artsy type you're obviously going to be in awe of artists like Kate Bush but truth is most people couldn't bother with all that artistic appeal and they listen to something else.

Edited by MeakMaker

Babooshka

Army dreamer

Wuthering Heights

????

It's funny, I feel like the casual Madonna's fans, waiting for the oldies at the concert!! I can feel their pain

Me, too! But Kate has so many fewer hits than Madonna does that it would be a lot easier to fit them all in and still do more obscure songs. Madonna has so many hits that she can't do them all and she does fit in quite a few, more than a lot of people seem to think. But since Kate hasn't performed live in 35 years, I guess she would naturally assume most of the people going are her very loyal hardcore dedicated fans who know every song and like the more obscure stuff. Casual fans would tend to lose interest after not having a concert in 35 years, and not be that bothered to go.

But the concert was praised incredibly highly by the British media. But maybe it's the iconoclast in me, but when I hear something so overhyped and praised like that I am skeptical about whether it was really all that. Madonna has never gotten that kind of universal fawning praise. I think sometimes if an artist has been away for a very long time, a lot of people are so happy to have them back that they kind of give them the benefit of the doubt and aren't as harsh as they would be on someone like Madonna who regularly performs and never really leaves the scene.

Exactly.. Just look at how much hype they gave to acts like Spice Girls, One Direction, Robbie Williams, kylie Minogue.. the list can go on and on..

I did not see her show but i have seen some pictures and it did not strike me as ground breaking.. maybe it's one of those things where you have to be there to appreciate it but i' m not into her music.. why would i be? I'm sure Madonna likes Kate Bush and she was possibly inspired but let's not forget how Madonna's been consistently giving us live shows for 30 years and she is not just relying on some "artistic" sensibility but she also has to juggle the commercial side of it which is much harder to achieve.. in short, if you're the typical artsy type you're obviously going to be in awe of artists like Kate Bush but truth is most people couldn't bother with all that artistic appeal and they listen to something else.

Madonna talked of being inspired by David Bowie.

You must read it for Kate. You have to fully experience her genius. She's an amazing author.

Ill read it for Kate, itll end up holding my bed up with all of my unread self help books and my sister Madonna. Ive got the builders in, god knows whatll happen when they move my bed, it collapsed long ago. There's even an anal training kit under there with different sized dildos. I cant lift my bed up to hide them.

Madonna talked of being inspired by David Bowie. It's her arrogant fans that think they can speak for her and man are they arrogant.

Isn't this just the tiniest bit...um...ARROGANT?

And MeakMaker, the supposed "hype" being given to Kate by the British press is no different than the adulation given to Madonna on her return to the UK stage with Drowned World in '01. Except Kate is actually British and indeed a bit of a national treasure. What exactly is the problem?

My god. I read so much dumb shit in this thread...!!!! WTF ???!!!!

"so-called legend" ????

"artsy type" ???

Go back to dance music, for god sake if that's what you like! Stop raining on everyone's parade. You don't like her. Fine. You don't know her. Fine. But stop making a fool of yourself.

And I agree with Popeline: your lack of culture is terribly sad to see.

Kate Bush is not a typical artist with an unusual career. Her interest are wider that just music. She's experimental.

(....) they just did not go hiding for 35 years and come back prompting a new found interest..

Do you mean to say that you feel as if Kate Bush were cheating or something / as if it is somehow unfair that her re-appearance would spark such interest? :huh:

But there is more newly produced music available than ever before in history....Surely there will be some new music out there somewhere that you will like. Or did you mean to refer to the best-selling music as registered in various charts?

Just because you haven't spotted any references to Madonna in the UK media's Kate Bush coverage doesn't necessarily mean that this is a conscious slight on their part :chuckle:Besides: entertainment is not some zero-sum game, is it?

So please, let's not fool ourselves..

Were we fooling ourselves? In that case, thanks for the warning!

when the hype goes down they will be trying to look for someone else to put on the pedestal and we all are going to get intrigued by it.

ALL of us? Damn, looks like we're ALL caught in a catch-22. :nervous:

Still no picture. Still no confirmation from M on her own Instagram (too late now to post anything if she had gone). Still no confirmation from the press either. Sorry but a "Madonna fan" on Twitter (with less than 40 followers I think?) saying he saw her queueing for the loo doesn't cut the mustard for me.

I think maybe DrownedMadonna are bullshitting us again. What a shocker!!

BTW: in the absence of evidence that M really DID attend the Kate Bush performance, perhaps it would be appropriate to move this thread out of the General Madonna Discussion section (maybe merge with existing Kate Bush threads)?

Or maybe one can go and talk about her IN HER OWN THREAD??????

I agree with you it's not the place to talk about her.

But sometimes, things have to be said.