Slanderers of the Throne

Guest whatatramp

I remember Whitters telling a story about encountering Madonna backstage at an awards show. They'd both been up in the same category and Madonna won (obviously) So Whitney sees Madonna and says "how you doin?" Madge, gesticulating towards her award says - "Better than you, OBVIOUSLY" and walks off :bad:

M was no doubt aware Whit had trash talked her a few times in the press.

I've heard about this a few times. Didn't Whitney also say: "I've never wanted to punch someone so much in my entire life"? (or something to that effect).

I've heard about this a few times. Didn't Whitney also say: "I've never wanted to hit someone so much in my entire life"? (or something to that effect).

:rotfl: I don't recall that bit. But it was definitely from a Whitney interview I read years ago. I've always remembered Madonna's cunty (yet fabulous) response. Especially now that we know Whit wasn't the angel she painted herself to be. But once her own mask/facade began to slip...she did stop her M bashing.

I never actually read the exact quote

Wasn't aware that she thought Madonna used SEX to sell albums :(

I think the quality of Madonna's music throughout 30 years speaks for itself

That interview was tame compared to the one she did where she said that she would kill her daughter if she grew up to be Madonna and that Madonna had no talent. She did come around but was a massive critic of Madonna for years. It is great though when people such as Whitney and Cher change their views and opinions later on. Then they can be completely forgiven., :laugh: Kim is right though, her attitude and comments changed when she showed more of her true self rather than portray the good Gospel girl etc.

I maybe am wrong but the award rumour was strange because I can't remember Madonna winning any awards over Whitney. :lol: Madonna was always being snubbed at awards. I wonder which award show it was ?

I maybe am wrong but the award rumour was strange because I can't remember Madonna winning any awards over Whitney. :lol: Madonna was always being snubbed at awards. I wonder which award show it was ?

This is true. Not that Whitters would ever, y'know...make up such a story...to paint Madonna in a bad light or anything, oh no :bad: Or maybe she'd just been on the crackpipe before that interview (God love her and may she RIP) But let's be real here my darling Jan.

This is true. Not that Whitters would ever, y'know...make up such a story...to paint Madonna in a bad light or anything, oh no :bad: Or maybe she'd just been on the crackpipe before that interview (God love her and may she RIP) But let's be real here my darling Jan.

:lmao::lol: Kim, you always make me laugh out loud.

Whitney sort of contradicts herself in that interview about her image saying that guys interested wouldn't know her true self and then goes on to say that she is herself when in front of her audience. I see no reason to bring up comments made so long ago and endlessly judge Whitney for them. You don't always know why a person says what they do at any given time.

Someone explain to me how this is shade. That seems like a compliment, if anything. M and Gwen look soooo similar. There have been times when I've honestly had to second guess myself which one it was and to me that sounds like Tina's saying M looks young.

You have to re read what was being said. She didn't say she looked like Gwen stefani. She said she looks like Gwen stefani's kids.

I don't know what it means, but to me it seems like shade towards Gwen, as she never really did cut her kids hair.

IMG_20140708_0005.jpg

Glad she came around over the years.

She really was pining for that "good Christian girl" image in the early days, wasn't she....?

Yeah, we ALL knew what Nippy was REALLY like down the line, didn't we....?

Why are they always such hypocrites...especially towards other women....? Oh wait a minute....

But Whitney and Madonna became kind of close over the years, right? In the 90ties Whitney has always been absolutely complimentary about Madonna. I think that Whitney simply enjoyed Madonnas later output or simply after she met her she understood that Madonna is quite different to the image she was pushing. I think she even defended her saying that she doesn't wear conebras off stage etc.

But Whitney and Madonna became kind of close over the years, right? In the 90ties Whitney has always been absolutely complimentary about Madonna. I think that Whitney simply enjoyed Madonnas later output or simply after she met her she understood that Madonna is quite different to the image she was pushing. I think she even defended her saying that she doesn't wear conebras off stage etc.

But we are talking about her comments in the 1980's. Similar to how people talk about JLo, Cher etc and their past coments. It is OK to acknowledge that she once said those things.

She really was pining for that "good Christian girl" image in the early days, wasn't she....?

Yeah, we ALL knew what Nippy was REALLY like down the line, didn't we....?

Why are they always such hypocrites...especially towards other women....? Oh wait a minute....

:clap:

Kind of like when Janet said that what she did had class to it (compared to what Madonna was doing in 1992-1993) when she made that statement. The thing is Madonna took her clothes off AFTER she gave the world

Madonna

Like A Virgin

True Blue

Who's That Girl

Like A Prayer

I'm Breathless

To the point that some of the media were asking why was she doing it THEN after she had achieved everything that she had up to that point, therefore exactly entirely missing the point of the Erotica album (praised by 90% of music critics worldwide) and the accompanying SEX.

And she wasn't posing on fucking FHM magazine, it was a completely different context. An already HUGE contradiction on Janet's part which showed what kind of little person hypocrit she always was.

It was in line with the Erotica record, the follow up to JML, the rebellious Madonna post divorce within the context of a still strong patriarchal society. It was done with the biggest photographer of the 80s/90s, published by Madonna's own newly formed company. It wasn't forced and it came from Madonna's own experiences and evolution as both an artist and a person.

The point is that all these people comments, particularly the strongest female counterparts at the time, Whitney, Mariah, Janet like Loomer said in regards to the Jennifer Lopez stupid, ridiculous remark they looked at what Madonna had WORLDWIDE and wanted a piece of the action, moreover they disliked her because Madonna has always done what she wanted to do and never asked for permission to anyone, particularly in a male dominated world/industry and she virtually always did what she wanted to do at Warner.

They were intimidated to see a woman who didn't mince words with anyone because they just hadn't her strength and her intellect (Mariah and Janet way more so than Whitney, Whitney wasn't educated but she had some sense of humour and she was an intelligent woman, albeit an emotionally fragile and troubed one)

And anyway even during Madonna's 6m copies sold worldwide Erotica era Mariah and Janet weren't enjoying a fraction of what Madonna's obsession and incessant media scrutiny was internationally. And those years were supposed to be their peaks :chuckle:

:clap:

Kind of like when Janet said that what she did had class to it (compared to what Madonna was doing in 1992-1993) when she made that statement. The thing is Madonna took her clothes off AFTER she gave the world

Madonna

Like A Virgin

True Blue

Who's That Girl

Like A Prayer

I'm Breathless

To the point that some of the media were asking why was she doing it THEN after she had achieved everything that she had up to that point, therefore exactly entirely missing the point of the Erotica album (praised by 90% of music critics worldwide) and the accompanying SEX.

And she wasn't posing on fucking FHM magazine, it was a completely different context. An already HUGE contradiction on Janet's part which showed what kind of little person hypocrit she always was.

It was in line with the Erotica record, the follow up to JML, the rebellious Madonna post divorce within the context of a still strong patriarchal society. It was done with the biggest photographer of the 80s/90s, published by Madonna's own newly formed company. It wasn't forced and it came from Madonna's own experiences and evolution as both an artist and a person.

The point is that all these people comments, particularly the strongest female counterparts at the time, Whitney, Mariah, Janet like Loomer said in regards to the Jennifer Lopez stupid, ridiculous remark they looked at what Madonna had WORLDWIDE and wanted a piece of the action, moreover they disliked her because Madonna has always done what she wanted to do and never asked for permission to anyone, particularly in a male dominated world/industry and she virtually always did what she wanted to do at Warner.

They were intimidated to see a woman who didn't mince words with anyone because they just hadn't her strength and her intellect (Mariah and Janet way more so than Whitney, Whitney wasn't educated but she had some sense of humour and she was an intelligent woman, albeit an emotionally fragile and troubed one)

And anyway even during Madonna's 6m copies sold worldwide Erotica era Mariah and Janet weren't enjoying a fraction of what Madonna's obsession and incessant media scrutiny was internationally. And those years were supposed to be their peaks :chuckle:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Besides, THE IRONY of people like Janet and Mariah accusing Madonna of classlessness or irrelevance or of being good at publicity only (the tired ignorant, stupid, petty argument as old as Madonna's career and anyway look at the quality of THEIR music output as a whole vs Madonna's).

One was born into an entertainment dinasty who had piled up CASH and influence when Janet was still pooping her diapers that her maid changed and the other whored her way out of Long Island by bedding the head of Sony and later marrying him when she was barely 20 :lmao:

Madonna had to work a little harder than that and had to settle with far less luxurious surroundings when she started out, thank you very much, yet she always was more powerful than all of them combined and THAT'S what bothered/bothers them all in the first place. Oh the same goes for that other Mottolised Jennifer Lopez skank

Yes in 1995 she replied to a journalist that she was not going to fall into their trap and have her to say a bad thing about Madonna. She said the cone bra is just a stage prop, part of her stage persona/narrative and that she had met her and never saw her wearing a cone bra in the street therefore the question was stupid to begin with

Love some of the comments:

This reporter was trying to bait Whitney in to trashing Madonna. I'm glad Whitney put the neoconservative little bitch in her place

I completely agree with you. She was trying to fish for drama but Ms. Whitney kept it classy. 

Child Please, Whitney Houston daughter grew up looking at far worse things than cone shaped bra's... 

:rotfl::rotfl:

Well the reporter had perhaps read Whitney's previous comments about how disgusting Madonna was and so decided to get some more juice, that's what they do afterall. I don't think M and Whit could ever be described as particularly close tbh. Whitney eventually came round to a grudging respect for M and Madonna didn't seem to bother one way or another. Our queen never even publicly commented on Whit's passing till directly asked about it by a reporter. Anyway, still love whitney regardless.

Ugh, I just found out that bell hooks is going to be doing a week long residency at my university this fall. So not looking forward to it.

I kind of want to wear a clearly visible Madonna t-shirt and sit in the front row at one of her lectures though. :lmao:

Guest whatatramp

Ugh, I just found out that bell hooks is going to be doing a week long residency at my university this fall. So not looking forward to it.

I kind of want to wear a clearly visible Madonna t-shirt and sit in the front row at one of her lectures though. :lmao:

I would so go to that even though she can be extremely ott! Ain't I a Woman? is a great book

Please wear a M shirt and tell us how much stink face you receive from her :rotfl:

I would so go to that even though she can be extremely ott! Ain't I a Woman? is a great book

Please wear a M shirt and tell us how much stink face you receive from her :rotfl:

Haha now I totally want to do it. It would be especially AWESOME if my t shirt caused her to launch into an impromptu rant about Madonna. :lmao:

What t-shirt do you guys think I should wear? I want to wear the look/image that would be most likely to her piss her off. :lmao:

Guest whatatramp

Haha now I totally want to do it. It would be especially AWESOME if my t shirt caused her to launch into an impromptu rant about Madonna. :lmao:

What t-shirt do you guys think I should wear? I want to wear the look/image that would be most likely to her piss her off. :lmao:

Madonna+-+Madonna+Is+My+Homegirl+-+T-SHI

• 2 weeks later...

91CFLKhaaxL._SL1500_.jpg

"Madonna doesn't have an ego problem; she has a sin problem. And it's getting worse. Unrepentant and hardened from sin, no amount of make-up or photo-shop can conceal the evil in her eyes. Ensnaring millions into a web of destruction, Madonna is preparing fans for a specific event. Using biblical discernment concerning the times in which we live, and her own words, Madonna's agenda becomes clear. Learn the origin behind her deviant obsessions, and uncover the inspiration behind her best-loved songs. The 'light' she sings about is the force driving her one-woman empire, and will soon make an unforgettable appearance on earth. Whether you're a long-time fan, or haven't paid attention to her in years, Madonna's deception is finally unmasked. Is she just a pop star, or an agent of Satan? Hidden in plain sight, see what you have been looking at all these years. Truly, in Madonna's world, nothing is what it seems." - from the Christian Post

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

• 3 months later...
Guest whatatramp

time to add to the list :newspaper:

Bebe+Buell+Premiere+Runaways+Outside+Arr

Bebe Buell

First Known Offence

Claims Madonna was inspired by her autobiography 'Rebel Heart' and that she just copies everyone and Debbie Harry is much better, among other things

Couldn't find her book on amazon so I'll just use this picture to demonstrate what a book called Rebel Heart might look like :s98:

Screenshot2014-12-31at114143am_zpse6b979

Whatever criticism madonna has gotten over the past 3 decades have made her a much stronger person and it shows.

Thus, people can say whatever they want to say but one should realise that whatever goes around, comes around.

Thank you Madonna for showing us - as an example to life, to those who put you down and not falling into those traps set up by those detractors... Like what M said, life is too short to be bitter.... Y spend your life doing such things that will drag you down...?

91CFLKhaaxL._SL1500_.jpg

"Madonna doesn't have an ego problem; she has a sin problem. And it's getting worse. Unrepentant and hardened from sin, no amount of make-up or photo-shop can conceal the evil in her eyes. Ensnaring millions into a web of destruction, Madonna is preparing fans for a specific event. Using biblical discernment concerning the times in which we live, and her own words, Madonna's agenda becomes clear. Learn the origin behind her deviant obsessions, and uncover the inspiration behind her best-loved songs. The 'light' she sings about is the force driving her one-woman empire, and will soon make an unforgettable appearance on earth. Whether you're a long-time fan, or haven't paid attention to her in years, Madonna's deception is finally unmasked. Is she just a pop star, or an agent of Satan? Hidden in plain sight, see what you have been looking at all these years. Truly, in Madonna's world, nothing is what it seems." - from the Christian Post

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Go tell those evangelicals to suck a d**k. :yes: