Is Messiah going to be the first single? Will it have a "Frozen" effect?

Guest gang bang

Based on what?

Adele's song for the Bond film bombed on radio, and at the time it was released no one was bigger then Adele. (Though it did reach #8 on the hot 100 due to the first week sales and a radio deal where it was played every hour on the hour, but after that I sure as hell never heard it again.)

Lana Del Rey's two songs for films did nothing on radio. (One of which should have been a huge radio smash)

We all know how Mariah's song for the Oz movie turned out. MEGA BOMB.

Point is radio is not going to suddenly embrace Madonna just because she is doing a song for a high profile film. I would like it to be so, but its still going to be an uphill climb.

I only heard a couple of those songs and the ones I heard I honestly didn't think they were that great. Madonna's movie songs have always been amazing and more often than not I think she has had success with her soundtrack songs. I think the public will embrace a song from Madonna related to a story because I think she has a way of really conveying the emotion of a story like no other. If the public can connect to the song or songs then it will be a success and radio will have to play it. :)

I only heard a couple of those songs and the ones I heard I honestly didn't think they were that great. Madonna's movie songs have always been amazing and more often than not I think she has had success with her soundtrack songs. I think the public will embrace a song from Madonna related to a story because I think she has a way of really conveying the emotion of a story like no other. If the public can connect to the song or songs then it will be a success and radio will have to play it. :)

Every song Madonna has done for a soundtrack I have loved. Starting from Crazy to you and Into the Groove - 2 songs I was literally obsessed with and actually still am obsessed with :laugh: Live to Tell was such a departure and one of the most haunting and unique sounding ballads with heart-breaking, incredible lyrics. Then of course we have This used to be my playground, I'll remember, Beautiful Stranger, Time Stood still - love them all. Evita and Dick Tracy provided brilliant vocal performances from Madonna and I adored Masterpiece. I don't know what it is, but Madonna's soundtrack songs are always so memorable.

I consider both Adele and Lana Del Rey highly overrated artists. Adele is talented, but in my opinion she is not hard-working at all and cannot even sing her songs as they are on the album, which would be a thing I would expect from her since the only thing she has to do is standing on the stage. Lana Del Rey has a unique style that she is not willing to give up, which can be a good thing, but the general public will not be there for her on the long run. I always get the feeling that she and her fans are the kind of people who want to be cool and hipsters desperately. Moreover, both artists are famous for their depressive songs, which also makes it hard to be a fan and maintain success. I'm not bashing them, I'm just stating my opinion, but I think they are both past their primes. Adele will most likely have a huge comeback, but it's almost impossible to replicate the success of 21.

While I enjoyed Young & Beautiful (and Once Upon a Dream too), I consider Skyfall a really basic, typical Bond meets Adele style of a song. I think the success of an upcoming soundtrack single by Madonna has nothing to do with either Lana or Adele. It depends on the quality of the song, the success of the movie, the marketing strategy of the publishers and the involvement of Madonna herself. And of course it depends on the ageist society as well.

I rather have quality than quantity. Sad on how everything is judged on sales, followers etc. I really do think if her latest stuff is pure quality, the rest will follow.

Was watching Come dine with me lol A guy on their painted the Madonna Super Bowl headpiece!! He was rather modest, another couple was boasting how many z list celebs he met. The wife of the guy who painted the headpiece said "QUALITY over quality any day. Thought I share lol

I signed up for the MTribe forum back in 09, when I was looking for a Madonna forum to join. My account was never approved I don't think because I could never log in :lmao:

Fuck them.

I have one post in MadonnaTribe. After Dotmusic closed i went there. Somebody was laughing at American Life, i told him to shut up, i was scolded by some moderator and never came back.

I may even still have my account. I don't recall if i was Karbatal or Victor Amos

MadonnaTribe really is a joke nowadays. They used to provide insider info, but it seems like they don't know shit anymore. One of the administrators might still have his relations, but he is not willing to give even hints, let alone any actual info. When someone asks them about news, they always blame sites like Madonnarama, that they no longer post exclusives, because they've been stolen in the past. Who the F cares? It's the internet, of course sites are gonna steal your exclusives within minutes… They are clearly bitter. I think their problem might be that they had connections at Warner, that would also explain the lack of exclusives since Celebration.

MadonnaTribe really is a joke nowadays. They used to provide insider info, but it seems like they don't know shit anymore. One of the administrators might still have his relations, but he is not willing to give even hints, let alone any actual info. When someone asks them about news, they always blame sites like Madonnarama, that they no longer post exclusives, because they've been stolen in the past. Who the F cares? It's the internet, of course sites are gonna steal your exclusives within minutes… They are clearly bitter. I think their problem might be that they had connections at Warner, that would also explain the lack of exclusives since Celebration.

they had connections at Warner Italy, this is how they got their exclusives. Once M left Warner, things went downhill and they don't know shit now.

My favorite Bond songs are The Living Daylights, The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day.

And I agree, Madonna soundtrack songs are great, whether they're are ballads or mid/uptempo and if Messiah is for a movie it will surely be great.

My favorite Bond songs are The Living Daylights, The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day.

And I agree, Madonna soundtrack songs are great, whether they're are ballads or mid/uptempo and if Messiah is for a movie it will surely be great.

You forgot "A View to a Kill" and "Goldeneye" ;)

I signed up for the MTribe forum back in 09, when I was looking for a Madonna forum to join. My account was never approved I don't think because I could never log in :lmao:

Fuck them.

I know. It took me a year to get approved and once I was, I was in and out in 5 minutes. I originally signed up just to read comments but it was immediately so dull to me. I'd give the place another chance but why? I'm here.

Why don't we change this thread title for "My favorite James Bond theme song" ??

Oh okay! My favorite's A View To A Kill. Plus Grace Jones was BAD ASS in that movie.

All Madonnas songs for soundtracks/films have been brillient songs and very single worthy!

The ONLY one that was "weak" in my opinion was Masterpiece.

It sticks out like a sore thunb alongside the others.

All Madonnas songs for soundtracks/films have been brillient songs and very single worthy!

The ONLY one that was "weak" in my opinion was Masterpiece.

It sticks out like a sore thunb alongside the others.

It's so almost a great song, but there are some really asinine lyrics (that could easily be corrected) and the mixing is weird, she sounds like she's singing from under a pile of clothes.

All the soundtrack songs are great, including Masterpiece. I wonder if being able to tap into emotions that aren't necessarily her own, and be objective, allows her more freedom.

I like Masterpiece as an album piece.

It would certainly of fitted into American Life.

But against all her other Film "offerings" the quality isn't there and it doesn't have "single" written all over it like her others did nither!

The thing is, I think all this soundtrack stuff is a fluke....I'm sure we WOULD know my now if she was doing a soundtrack song for a film.....especially as Massiah is "finished" and being whored out by Madonna herself!

I think it's more likly to be a cut on the album....as it certainly "fits" with the artforfreedom project....and we know for a fact the new album will be linked to it....

I think it's a new song on the new album.

Messiah will be her next GMAYL, a horrid career worst dud only this time it was deliberate to fox expectations of the album being a shit heap and because there was no alternative accessible pop song on the album to sell it.

Instead, what you get is her best ever album, a downbeat collection of introspective songs a la Nebraska, only with some hot beats thrown in. It will be her lowest ever selling album and the biggest flop since Me I Am Mariah: The Elusive Diva, prompting mass suicide among the chart headed section of her fanbase. But it will be her most critically acclaimed album, resulting in eventual vindication with a Grammy for Album of the Year. :yes:

Messiah will be her next GMAYL, a horrid career worst dud only this time it was deliberate to fox expectations of the album being a shit heap and because there was no alternative accessible pop song on the album to sell it.

Instead, what you get is her best ever album, a downbeat collection of introspective songs a la Nebraska, only with some hot beats thrown in. It will be her lowest ever selling album and the biggest flop since Me I Am Mariah: The Elusive Diva, prompting mass suicide among the chart headed section of her fanbase. But it will be her most critically acclaimed album, resulting in eventual vindication with a Grammy for Album of the Year. :yes:

:dead:

It's so almost a great song, but there are some really asinine lyrics (that could easily be corrected) and the mixing is weird, she sounds like she's singing from under a pile of clothes.

All the soundtrack songs are great, including Masterpiece. I wonder if being able to tap into emotions that aren't necessarily her own, and be objective, allows her more freedom.

:thumbsup:

I just went over to MadonnaTribe for the first time and, my god, it looks like a sad place even from just the registration process. I haven't had a chance to actually see the forum yet because I'm waiting to be extensively reviewed and approved by an administrator. :rolleyes:

Screen_Shot_2014_07_11_at_9_06_13_PM.png

Look at how sad those stats are!

Screen_Shot_2014_07_11_at_9_09_04_PM.png

The most ridiculous part of registering is the application you have to fill out - just look at it! Of course, you only reach this after agreeing to a totally OTT and unnecessary legal agreement. How much more absurd can you get than asking people to write a short statement explaining why they want to join an artist's fan forum?

Although, of course MadonnaTribe's a very exclusive place and without an extensive application there would be so many applicants desperately trying to join that they would be overwhelmed. :rolleyes:

Is that form new? I've been a member there for years and I don't remember filling out any extensive form like that and certainly not having to write a sentence on why I wanted to join? And I don't remember being approved by an administrator. I just joined with my name and password.

:lmao: at that Madonnatripe questionnaire! I'd like a questionnaire for newbies here too but instead of asking how much of a worthy fan are you crap it should be a mental health evaluation test!

:lmao: at that Madonnatripe questionnaire! I'd like a questionnaire for newbies here too but instead of asking how much of a worthy fan are you crap it should be a mental health evaluation test!

:rotfl: