New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

If she's not already working with them, I doubt it will happen for this album. She seems too far along to add another producer to the mix. But maybe she'll ask them to remix the first single.

No release date has been set, nor has there been an official announcement that the album is done. Anything can happen at this point.

Disclosure Talks Madonna Collaboration Rumors

By Keith Caulfield and Jeff Weiss | June 30, 2014 5:48 PM EDT

When Madonna turned up at a couple of Disclosure shows earlier this month -- and shared multiple Instagram photos of her encounters -- fans immediately began to speculate if the Queen of Pop was working with the British duo on her next album.

After all, Madonna has been sharing numerous photos on Instagram all year of likely musical collaborators, ranging from Diplo and Toby Gad to MoZella and Natalia Kills.

"She came to our gig at Governors Ball," Disclosure's Howard Lawrence tells Billboard, "and within a few hours, there were articles being written about how we were producing her album -- and we had met her that day. How could we even have done that?"

Certainly, Disclosure probably didn't produce an entire album overnight for the singer. (Who is "really cool" and "very chill," says Guy Lawrence -- Howard's brother and the other half of Disclosure.) But, the duo hasn't said that a collaboration is off the table with the singer either, so expect further rumors to develop.

Madonna continues to be hard at work on her forthcoming studio album, which will be released by Interscope Records. Her last set, 2012's "MDNA," debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and has sold 537,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

As for Disclosure, their single "Latch" is burning up the Billboard Hot 100 chart, as it rose 14-12 on the July 5-dated list. The song recently surpassed 1 million in cumulative download sales as well (week ending June 22). The act has tour dates lined up internationally through September, when the brothers will begin to write their second album.

Disclosure Talks Madonna Collaboration Rumors

By Keith Caulfield and Jeff Weiss | June 30, 2014 5:48 PM EDT

When Madonna turned up at a couple of Disclosure shows earlier this month -- and shared multiple Instagram photos of her encounters -- fans immediately began to speculate if the Queen of Pop was working with the British duo on her next album.

After all, Madonna has been sharing numerous photos on Instagram all year of likely musical collaborators, ranging from Diplo and Toby Gad to MoZella and Natalia Kills.

"She came to our gig at Governors Ball," Disclosure's Howard Lawrence tells Billboard, "and within a few hours, there were articles being written about how we were producing her album -- and we had met her that day. How could we even have done that?"

Certainly, Disclosure probably didn't produce an entire album overnight for the singer. (Who is "really cool" and "very chill," says Guy Lawrence -- Howard's brother and the other half of Disclosure.) But, the duo hasn't said that a collaboration is off the table with the singer either, so expect further rumors to develop.

Madonna continues to be hard at work on her forthcoming studio album, which will be released by Interscope Records. Her last set, 2012's "MDNA," debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and has sold 537,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

As for Disclosure, their single "Latch" is burning up the Billboard Hot 100 chart, as it rose 14-12 on the July 5-dated list. The song recently surpassed 1 million in cumulative download sales as well (week ending June 22). The act has tour dates lined up internationally through September, when the brothers will begin to write their second album.

MDNA is still selling about 1,000 copies every 3 months. :horn:

He was probably hired as a DJ for Rocco's birthday party or some shit like that.

wow, how the mighty have fallen....Rocco's birthday DJ? that's who we're dealing with?!

I think the title "Bitch I'm Madonna" can work if the song is funny, written with Irony, with a great sense of humour, like Material Girl, you know. But if the song is really "premiere degre", without irony at all, with a fuck off attitude, then I don't know, it's sound really childish

Don't know how I feel about "Bitch I'm Madonna." I like when Madonna adresses her detractors because they can be so loud that it would be unnatural to not say something back and she has in the past. Human Nature, Nobody Knows Me..

This song title sounds almost like in the spirit of MDNA and I don't want Madonna spending too much of her time giving the time of day to her detractors. It's easy for me to say though because I am not on the receiving end of the criticism that she experiences. I could be totally wrong with what I feel it sounds like and it could be something great or something funny like what was posted above. Maybe she is playing the bitch so many make her out to be?

For the people who support her, the songs that put her detractors in place are great but they cannot overpower or be too many. I agree that Madonna is loved mostly for songs that are universally relatable. IF this new song is a continuation of some of the songs on MDNA then I am sensing a detachment on Madonna's part. I can't know until I hear it.

As far as other fanbases, I cannot possibly tell you how much I don't care what they think.

wow, how the mighty have fallen....Rocco's birthday DJ? that's who we're dealing with?!

That's normal. Rich people hire stars like Beyonce, Kylie, Mariah, JLo all the time to perform at their parties and weddings and what not. Madonna just doesn't do that kind of stuff.

i'm noz feeling the "Bitch, I'm Madonna" title, it's so juvenile and stupid. Any of the replaceable pop sluts could have such a song which might be hot for one season but then is just so dated and embarrassing

That's normal. Rich people hire stars like Beyonce, Kylie, Mariah, JLo all the time to perform at their parties and weddings and what not. Madonna just doesn't do that kind of stuff.

Remember when 50cent (the billionaire) performed at a Bar mitzvah and had his security confiscate cellphones so that there wouldn't be any video of him.

Because it's tacky as hell! How desperate must they be for more money?

Guest bluejean

How do people not love this song title?

I actually hope the whole track is just beats with the occasional spoken "Bitch, I'm Madonna" like that Duck Sauce 'Barbara Streisand' track. Would be hilarious.

Disclosure just confirmed...

NOT producing for madonna.

That's too bad bc of all the vids posted in these threads, I liked them the best. Not saying I particularly liked them, just that I liked them best.

Remember when 50cent (the billionaire) performed at a Bar mitzvah and had his security confiscate cellphones so that there wouldn't be any video of him.

50cent is a billionaire? after knowing all i know about madonna musical history/legacy, i just think its comical that madonna hired her kids birthday party entertainer for her new album...it could be the best decision shes ever made but i just thinks its hysterical.

photo17.jpg<--- playing the drums on the new album

i'm noz feeling the "Bitch, I'm Madonna" title, it's so juvenile and stupid. Any of the replaceable pop sluts could have such a song which might be hot for one season but then is just so dated and embarrassing

I have to agree - I'm not really feeling this as a title but I will reserve full judgement for when I actually hear the track. I am still hoping for a mature, intelligent, and evolved sound but this song title makes me a bit skeptical that I'm gong to get that.

50cent is a billionaire? after knowing all i know about madonna musical history/legacy, i just think its comical that madonna hired her kids birthday party entertainer for her new album...it could be the best decision shes ever made but i just thinks its hysterical.

Where are you getting this information from??? My goodness

The person who said that Diplo probably was a DJ at Rocco's birthday was obviously joking. And either way, it's not like Diplo is a nobody.

I think that when Diplo said it happened because of her children, he probably meant that they listen to his music/Major Lazer

Never. I don't understand why would anyone assume that tbh :lol:

Diplo said...'i met her because of her children'

...i asked if he dj'ed at roccos birthday party or if she stole mercys ipod to find someone to work with...but i was obviously joking about the clowns...madonna stopped working with clowns in the 90's

Edited by RebelHart