FALSE Roger Friedman rumour.. Zzzzz...

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/06/07/exclusive-madonna-leaving-clues-about-surprise-singlevideo-a-la-beyonce

Cattura_zps2e11708f.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s a good rumor, with a little substantiation: Madonna may be planning a surprise single and video this month a la Beyonce. She may also be leaving clues out in the open. For one thing, Madge has been working with contemporary producer superstar Avicii (aka Swedish deejay Tim Bergling) on new music. She needs him since her “MDNA” album was pretty much a disaster. (Remember those days? Yikes.)

Now comes word that famed photographer Mark Seliger and his video team (Barney Miller and Monica Monique) are casting for a video shoot on Wednesday on New York’s Lower East Side. Seliger/Miller and Monica worked on Avicii’s big hit “Wake Me Up.”

Plus the list of characters for the video shoot, for a song called “Stranger,” sounds like typical Madonna: rollerskaters, bodybuilders, breakdancers, a drag queen a la Ru Paul, and a “leather boy” who “must be comfortable without a shirt.”

Avicii’s brand of neo-disco, like Daft Punk’s, is in right now. And it sounds like an updated version of Madonna from her heyday.

There had been a rustle of activity at the end of May that Madonna had a surprise album called “Rebel Heart” and maybe a single called “Unapologetic.” (“Rebel Heart” was the name of Bebe Buell’s bestselling memoir of life in fashion and rock and roll.) A snippet of instrumental music was teased on Soundcloud via Billboard, too.

Everyone in the music biz is jealous of Beyonce’s surprise album drop last December. So a Madonna album out of the blue is a possibility. But as one record label head observed to the other day, Beyonce’s “Visual” album had 17 new videos. It wasn’t slap dash. So we’ll wait and see if “Stranger” is Madonna’s answer.

PS Madonna should look at what just happened with Mariah Carey as a lesson. Artists of a “certain age” are not selling like they used to. Madonna already took a hit on “MDNA.” “Rebel Heart” could easily face the same fate.

Guest Rachelle of London

Article sounds like they took one of our threads and turned it into an article

^ lol

This is the most hilarious part of that article

PS Madonna should look at what just happened with Mariah Carey as a lesson. Artists of a “certain age” are not selling like they used to. Madonna already took a hit on “MDNA.” “Rebel Heart” could easily face the same fate.

:lmao: the nerve

This 'article' by Madonna hater Roger Friedman has already been discussed in the New Album thread.

Oooops I didn't know that

Feel free to delete the thread mods :thumbsup:

"She needs him since her “MDNA” album was pretty much a disaster. (Remember those days? Yikes.)"

?

:chuckle:

Yes, aging pop acts like Madonna need to learn from Mimi, never mind Mimi is 12 years younger

Madonna sold 70m albums worldwide and had a series of top 10- top 15 studio albums while in her 40s

A top 5 at 47 and the 12th best-selling release of 2012 in her mid 50s

Mariah's career died when she reached 36, Roger Friedman is just dumb

what a pig!!! Comparing Mariahs eventual 200 000 sold with MDNAs 2 000 000? How can Americans have the most journalists pushing their agenda thinking the public is made of idiots??????????????

What a pig!!! Comparing Mariahs eventual 200 000 sold with MDNAs 2 000 000? How can Americans have the most journalists pushing their agenda thinking the public is made of idiots??????????????

:chuckle:

I love that he doesn't bat an eyelid at MOOHriah selling a tenth of what Madonna sold in her 30th year on the scene

His article doesn't make any sense but then Roger Friedman doesn't make sense

WOW, I never thought about that :wow: that's quite amazing

:thumbsup:

60m is the actual figure, once you do the math with precision. I think that for someone who is accustomed to getting the misleading "she hasn't been selling like she used to but the tour is doing fine" stamp from the press, Madonna has defended herself more than royally in her 40s and 50s sales wise. Glad to see that this travesty of a journalist is purposefully omitting the fact that Carey hasn't had a hit since her mid 30s. And Madonna achieved this with a fraction of the radio exposure/support Mariah has enjoyed in the US up until 5 minutes ago

you cannot compare Madonna to Mariah. there is no comparison.

Mariah has flopped ever since the mimi release.

Madonna has stayed on top and had sell out tours and

devoted support of global fans.

Madonna still demands and warrants respect and attention.

Mariah = yawn.

I was wondering why this article sounded like such a load of shit until I saw who it was written by. :lmao:

She needs him since her “MDNA” album was pretty much a disaster. (Remember those days? Yikes.)

Oh yes. The 12th best selling album of the year around the globe, and an album that had no promo which still managed to out sell most of the records that pop chicks half her age have put out since.

This ugly beast needs to fuck off.

Everyone needs to stop. You people are outrageous. He obviously likes Madonna he's just stating some facts. It;s widely accepted that by Madonna standards, MDNA was not up to par and that now that she's older it's harder to sell records, just like it is for EVERYONE, Mariah included. So y'all need to stop and face the music.

Everyone needs to stop. You people are outrageous. He obviously likes Madonna he's just stating some facts. It;s widely accepted that by Madonna standards, MDNA was not up to par and that now that she's older it's harder to sell records, just like it is for EVERYONE, Mariah included. So y'all need to stop and face the music.

Roger Friedman does not like Madonna. Educate yourself before you start calling people outrageous.

Oh please. He is an ass licking Mariah loon. Did you not read his fluff piece when Mariah's EPIC SIZED flop numbers for her album came in?

An album that wont even sell 200,000 globally, yet its Madonna's MDNA selling 1.9 million that's a disaster? Give me a break.

Sure the album wasn't a massive hit that had longevity, but looking at album sales across the board in general it was hardly a disaster. And age really has nothing to do with it either as the last two records from both Christina and Britney failed to sell more then MDNA, and now we have Artpop from the woman that's supposed to be the REIGNING QUEEN of the moment not even being able to outsell MDNA even though it was pushed like crazy and was released during the entire holiday season.

Well, the Little Monsters didn't like it when Friedman posted the story about Gaga's charity and have been passing information about him on forums.

R Friedman--66 W. 10th Street-New York, New York 10011 Home (212) 460-9599 Cell (917) 679-2972 email: rogerfriedman@att.net

He often attends the Ansche Chesed Synagogue with his two nieces, Charlotte and Hannah, in NYC. I'm tempted to call the phone numbers, but only from a pay phone. :laugh:

Look at this fluff piece. Had it been Madonna he would have torn her a new asshole and vagina hole with opening numbers this abysmal.

Mariah Carey’s “Me I am Mariah” got the best reviews for the singer in about ten years. But sales have not immediately translated. Carey came in at number 3 this week with around 56,000 copies sold. That’s over 100,000 less than her last studio release did in its debut week.

Also known as “The Elusive Chanteuse,” the album is suffering more from a marketing problem than anything else. While all the tracks are strong and there are plenty of possible singles, the release may have been hampered.

For one thing, the album was due a year ago. Then Carey announced it would be released on May 6th. As that date approached, and it was clear there was no album, there was also silence. Then the singer announced May 27th.

There’s little a record company can do when chaos ensues. A more planned attack would have given DefJam 90 days to set the record up, place songs in movies or commercials, work a real single at radio. Carey had already had two singles early on. “#Beautiful” and “You’re Mine (Eternal)” were not big hits. Given time, DefJam could have worked “You Don’t Know What to Do” or “Thirsty” a few weeks ahead of the album. But it didn’t work out that way.

Now it’s a matter of radio catching up to those two new tracks. No one is better at entertaining radio stations than Mariah. She has charm to spare. “Me I am Mariah” is not over, by a long shot. But it’s going to take some old fashioned elbow grease to get it moving.

Who’d ever a-thunk it? Mariah as the Underdog. I’m rooting for her.

Root all you want you pig. The album is DOA. Lets see in a few years time if he says what a disaster her wont even go tin foil selling album was.

I am sure he wont. He will call it a highly praised underperforming album that simply was mismanaged.

If it were Madonna, he would call her an old irrelevant hag who's career is over.