Former Freddy DeMann's management partner Ron Weisner on Madonna

XXL

Guest bluejean

Madonna is an utter bitch and that's why I love her. So glad he shared this story.

I also love that one where she's rude to the writers of Like a Virgin. And also the one where she doesn't remember the guy who she worked on DSS with.

Oh and my ultimate fave, the one where James Morrison introduces himself to her and she says "and what do you do?" :lmao:

Madonna is an utter bitch and that's why I love her. So glad he shared this story.

I also love that one where she's rude to the writers of Like a Virgin. And also the one where she doesn't remember the guy who she worked on DSS with.

Oh and my ultimate fave, the one where James Morrison introduces himself to her and she says "and what do you do?" :lmao:

I am the opposite of you. Hate those stories and that behaviour. Would you want to be around bitchy horrible people who treat others like scum. I think a lot of the stories about Madonna are wildly exaggerated and embellished. I know she is no angel and of course people have bad days, but just look at that Hydrangeas incident. People were all calling her the biggest bitch of all time, exaggerating what happened and not acknowledging that this guy is a constant serial pest. Same with the whole Ang Lee incident that never happened at all. I don't think Madonna suffers fools, but I doubt she is as bitchy as people make her out to be. She would not get that far in the industry if she was a heartless bitch and you hear a lot of people saying how supportive and caring she is. I think she can be a bitch, but not to the extent that people try to paint her as.

^ I am so glad that Ang Lee made a point of clearing that up. What they were saying in the media was the complete opposite to what she was so I have no doubt many in the media have been comfortable writing whatever they want about her.

^ I am so glad that Ang Lee made a point of clearing that up. What they were saying in the media was the complete opposite to what she was so I have no doubt many in the media have been comfortable writing whatever they want about her.

Yes, that was an outrageous lie. Madonna would be quite demanding and professional but these reports making her out to be the biggest bitch of all time, diminishes her as a person. Gee, we all can be bitchy at times but on many occasions, I have read stuff about her that has proven to be either false or been exaggerated for effect. Either way, if others like hearing about bitchy mean and unfair behaviour, so be it,.

Don't get me wrong i love it when she's "bitchy" (meaning she wants things her way) what i find really irritting is that what is considered character in a mal is considered bitchy in a woman. At the time of the Like a virgin shoot she was also promoting Holiday in Europe her record label was pushing Lucky Star, she wanted Like a Virgin to be released asap. There are also reports of her being super bitchy to Mel at the time and she was summoned by de Mann about it. I think M owes a lot to Liz Rosenberg who is no angel either, she says things with a smile and a joke but she's still an iron fist in a velvet glove too.

I still don't get why knickers are in a twist. Maybe I missed the "attack on Madonna" in his statement

I guess I shouldn't be shocked that still so many people have the absolute wrong image of this woman. even supposed professionals who should know better. It's all very simple: acknowledge her success (because it's hard to deny the facts) but just never give this woman any credit in the art or talent department. It's not really an attack anymore because it seems to be the general consensus

Guest bluejean

It's not that I love the idea of someone horrible. I just think there's a lot of time wasters and ass kissers out there and I love that Madonna doesn't play along with that shit. She's very real.

People that work with her say she's a bitch however they respect her because she works hard. She expects a lot from everyone but also of herself.

Guest bluejean

I think we also have to remember the incredible stress Madonna is under. She's not your run of the mill pop starlet that has everything done for her. She takes on everything in her career and feels responsible for every aspect. She's also one of the most famous people in the world so she is constantly surrounded by people wanting a piece of her.

Look at Michael Jackson. He gave away so much of himself and it killed him. Madonna has survived because she's not a people pleaser.

It's not that I love the idea of someone horrible. I just think there's a lot of time wasters and ass kissers out there and I love that Madonna doesn't play along with that shit. She's very real.

Agree with you there. I think she is very real and would not put up with rubbish. She is professional and hard-working and would expect others that work for her to be the same. I suppose some of them would not like that but I don't think she would be unreasonable. She has too much of a dry and unique humour for that. You can tell that by her interviews and instagram stuff.

I think we also have to remember the incredible stress Madonna is under. She's not your run of the mill pop starlet that has everything done for her. She takes on everything in her career and feels responsible for every aspect. She's also one of the most famous people in the world so she is constantly surrounded by people wanting a piece of her.

Look at Michael Jackson. He gave away so much of himself and it killed him. Madonna has survived because she's not a people pleaser.

AND at the time she was considered a dance artist by her label and dismissed as a disco dolly by everybody. SHE HAD TO show who was the boss. Female popstar where not respected that much then, Madonna showed she was no producer puppet and she really did open that door to female entertainers as respected business women. Look at what Debbie Harry, Linda Rondstadt or Pat Benatar had to go through because they couldn't fight the decisions made by their record companies and when they did they got dropped. Her success showed that a female performer could do as well as a male performer, could earn as much money if not much and that she was no puppet and IN CHARGE. This is why she did not blow away like other female popstars too, she had the music, she had the moves, she had the artistic vision and she also had the physical and mental strenght as well, a drive and determination. If she did not take care of her own business like she did she would be nowhere today. We now see that it's as important when compared to the female popstars of recent years who have none of the latter.

AND at the time she was considered a dance artist by her label and dismissed as a disco dolly by everybody. SHE HAD TO show who was the boss. Female popstar where not respected that much then, Madonna showed she was no producer puppet and she really did open that door to female entertainers as respected business women. Look at what Debbie Harry, Linda Rondstadt or Pat Benatar had to go through because they couldn't fight the decisions made by their record companies and when they did they got dropped. Her success showed that a female performer could do as well as a male performer, could earn as much money if not much and that she was no puppet and IN CHARGE. This is why she did not blow away like other female popstars too, she had the music, she had the moves, she had the artistic vision and she also had the physical and mental strenght as well, a drive and determination. If she did not take care of her own business like she did she would be nowhere today. We now see that it's as important when compared to the female popstars of recent years who have none of the latter.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Je suis entièrement d'accord avec toi :thumbsup:

Yes, i think that's right. She knew exactly what she wanted and imagine, her first important video (at least bigger than Borderline) and she wanted this and that and knew how everything should look and those people were smoking and laughing.

Guest Rachelle of London

I think people confuse not being a loon with being a hater. How weird would it be if he just listed a her occupations to please her fans. If people who have worked with her say she was a bitch then that's their point, they worked with her. She's said hersf that she's been a bitch, she's had to be. The twats that go out of their way to discredit her that's their problem but calling her a business woman or an entertainer, is that bad? She is isn't she.

She probably was way more bitch in the 80s... during the 90s she softened a bit, but she still is a very tuff woman who is 100% focused on her goals. People misinterpret her quite often, but i think her bitch behaviour plays a huge part on why her career is so efficient. She is not playing around. She wants her best and the finished product totally reflects that. It happens that she is not only a very pragmatic woman, she is also VERY talented on whatever thing she is up to do.

Maybe he equated being ambitious , driven and focused with being mean . And of course she's a woman who wanted all

the power so it might have rubbed him the wrong way and that's fine .

I don't think she would be where she is today if she was weak or a walk over .

I am the opposite of you. Hate those stories and that behaviour. Would you want to be around bitchy horrible people who treat others like scum. I think a lot of the stories about Madonna are wildly exaggerated and embellished. I know she is no angel and of course people have bad days, but just look at that Hydrangeas incident. People were all calling her the biggest bitch of all time, exaggerating what happened and not acknowledging that this guy is a constant serial pest.

Same with the whole Ang Lee incident that never happened at all. I don't think Madonna suffers fools, but I doubt she is as bitchy as people make her out to be. She would not get that far in the industry if she was a heartless bitch and you hear a lot of people saying how supportive and caring she is. I think she can be a bitch, but not to the extent that people try to paint her as

This. Absolutely.

Being a bitch, being gratuitously unkind (as a lot of people love to imply about Madonna) and being thoroughly and unabashedly demanding are VERY different things. On that Venice shoot she was working, not skipping Long island time LOL. And for every comment or anecdote dipicting Madonna as a total cunt there's about 20 from acquaintances, friends, or simply people that have worked with her at some point or other that have expressed very eloquently how her professionalism comes with a hefty dose of care, generosity and loyalty. Then again, if Madonna was a man we wouldn't even be having this conversation time and time again.

Look at people like Piers Morgan who tried to use Madonna to get some publicity for his flop CNN slot. He kept insulting her for 4 years and Madonna never bothered to reply, still his low-ratings programme got axed in the end. I am not saying Madonna is perfect or doesn't have flaws but if we are to believe all the she's a bitch, she's a cunt rethoric then we would have to dignify the various Eltons' "her tour is a flop and let me tell you it couldn't happen to a bigger cunt" and 6 months later, guess what, her tour is the top draw and Elton has another interview in which he talks about having apologised to Madonna in a Nice restaurant. Publicity-oriented much (at the expense of Madonna)?

God forbid Madonna was good at publicity (on top of being an artist 200% as others pointed out - the she's only good at marketing argument is older than the woman herself). Great thing that Madonna does publicity without the need to constantly and solely do the name-dropping game

James Morrison? No kidding :lol:

Maybe she really didn't know who he was. He's not exactly global, he's a singer from the UK, he had that song with Nelly Furtado, fine. It's not like she insulted him. He's got little to no sense of humour for sure. Bluejean, do you actually think that all people the press keep gushing about how nice and sweet they are are actually sweet and nice all the time behind closed doors?

Coincidentally most of the time they are people vastly less successfull and consistently successful than Madonna is. What a coincidence

Yes, i think that's right. She knew exactly what she wanted and imagine, her first important video (at least bigger than Borderline) and she wanted this and that and knew how everything should look and those people were smoking and laughing.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I had the same image in my head of the crew screwing around, smoking cigarettes or whatever.

I was think of businesswoman = being in charge and knowing what you want. If you let people walk all over you, then will not do their jobs, steal from you, etc. I've never taken it in a bad way.

To be real, she can't do it all herself. It takes 100s of people to keep her business running.

I've always found it interesting her cowriters and producers on her music have never, ever done anything but sing her praises. But I could be wrong.

I wanna read this book! Not so much for Madonna, but what he has to say about McCartney. The next book I wanna read about M is the one from M. I'd actually give up a new album if it meant her memoirs instead.

The next book I wanna read about M is the one from M. I'd actually give up a new album if it meant her memoirs instead.

^^^^ Definitely! I doubt honestly that she'll ever do it, because she rarely looks back at her life, but my god, the stories she could tell. And of course, she's very intelligent and introspective so she could really explain the deeper meaning and importance of everything that's happened. Considering that even minor stars (in comparison) like Patti Smith get huge attention as a result of their memoirs long after their careers are over, can you imagine how huge the attention would be for M's? It might become the highest selling autobiography ever!

^^^^ Definitely! I doubt honestly that she'll ever do it, because she rarely looks back at her life, but my god, the stories she could tell. And of course, she's very intelligent and introspective so she could really explain the deeper meaning and importance of everything that's happened. Considering that even minor stars (in comparison) like Patti Smith get huge attention as a result of their memoirs long after their careers are over, can you imagine how huge the attention would be for M's? It might become the highest selling autobiography ever!

Me, too! Not just because of the stories she'd tell but I really like her writing style in the Harpers Bazaar mini-autobiography and the David Collins tribute. It's very honest and straightforward, but compassionate. Yes, she has to do it one day!

I've always found it interesting her cowriters and producers on her music have never, ever done anything but sing her praises. But I could be wrong.

I've been harping on about this for years (usually when people try to downplay her involvement in the creation and production of her music). You're not wrong - there's not a single musical collaborator who hasn't sung her praises, from Stephen Bray through to Julie Frost. They can't all be lying.

I think Madonna would be extremely difficult to work for, but only because she would hold everyone to the same incredibly high standards that she has for herself.

Incorrect, Patti Smiths carer is still going.

^ There were stories about how Madonna was very rude to Ang Lee after Oscars 2013. Let me just guess that what they were going for is that Madonna who is now involved in directing films was jealous of Ang Lee's best director win? That's just my guess to what they wanted to falsely portray. For all I know it was just the usual basic lying about her and trying to influence how people see her.

From what I remember Anne Hathaway was standing right near them and heard their conversation and knows that they had a lovely exchange. I believe Ang Lee heard the stories about Madonna being rude to him when they spoke after the Oscars and I believe they issued a statement dismissing the stories and also expressing "why would they say that?"

I'm so glad he cared to make the effort to dismiss the stories. Shows sensitivity and class. Something the media and increasingly the public should learn. I wonder how many either don't bother or actually encourage false stories about Madonna?

James Morrison? No kidding :lol:

Maybe she really didn't know who he was. He's not exactly global, he's a singer from the UK, he had that song with Nelly Furtado, fine. It's not like she insulted him. He's got little to no sense of humour for sure. Bluejean, do you actually think that all people the press keep gushing about how nice and sweet they are are actually sweet and nice all the time behind closed doors?

Coincidentally most of the time they are people vastly less successfull and consistently successful than Madonna is. What a coincidence

SO TRUE! The medias and fanbases all over the Internet LOVE to act as if their favorite artists are some kind of saints, but NOBODY is. We're all humans, we all have flaws. People in general have this completely unrealistic view of people they admire because unconsciously they saw them as some kind of Gods and not human beings. I like to think that we Madonna fans have a quite realistic view of her in general because we know she's not perfect. But so many people doesn't think like that, it's sad when you think about it.

Exactly! Even Cyndi Lauper got some attention in 2011 when she released her own memoirs. With Madonna it would be a HUGE deal, everyone in the medias would talk about it and the general public would be so curious it would sell like crazy.

yes!!