Former Freddy DeMann's management partner Ron Weisner on Madonna

XXL

I was think of businesswoman = being in charge and knowing what you want. If you let people walk all over you, then will not do their jobs, steal from you, etc. I've never taken it in a bad way. To be real, she can't do it all herself. It takes 100s of people to keep her business running.

I've always found it interesting her cowriters and producers on her music have never, ever done anything but sing her praises. But I could be wrong.

Well to be honest the guy is clearly relating an anecdote to publicise his book and he means no harm but he didn't limit himself to commenting on Madonna's rep as a great businesswoman, he seems to be kind of annoyed that in his opinion Madonna wasn't appreciative enough of being in Venice when she could have been in "dreary" Long Island

Of course Madonna is appreciative of the great places she gets to visit and she's always very vocal and grateful about that aspect of her life but it was different on that occasion as it was business and probably she was annoyed that people weren't as focused as they should have. Then again I still think that if we were talking about a male celebrity/professional/artist/entrepeneur we wouldn't be having the same conversation about how much of a Bitch they are in the first place

I'm glad that Ang Lee rumor was BS. It would've been strange and sad since she hosted a event for hs film Wedding Banquet years and years ago. I remember being glad she was supporting the film because I LOVED it.

I'm glad that Ang Lee rumor was BS. It would've been strange and sad since she hosted a event for hs film Wedding Banquet years and years ago. I remember being glad she was supporting the film because I LOVED it.

I love that movie too! I didn't knew she even knew about it.

James Morrison got butt hurt after that meeting up. He slagged her off on a British TV interview, saying she can't sing. He is so dull!

Madonna Complaining in Italy While Shooting Her "Like a Virgin" Video:

"Every time we packed up the cameras, she bitched. Every time we got into a boat, she bitched. "You're all a bunch of fucking idiots," she'd tell the Italian crew, who was busting its collective hump to get her video in the can. "You're wasting my time. You're wasting our time. Now quit sticking it to me and hurry up." I asked Freddy, "What the hell's her problem? We're in Italy. It's more fun than being in Long Island City. What does she have going on that's better than this?" He just shrugged."

I don't buy this story for one minute. Yes, Madonna's a bitch, but this doesn't sound like her at all. She's the consummate professional. if she was bored or impatient, I don't think she would express it that way. And even if she was bitch to the crew, I find those quotes unbelievable.

^ There were stories about how Madonna was very rude to Ang Lee after Oscars 2013. Let me just guess that what they were going for is that Madonna who is now involved in directing films was jealous of Ang Lee's best director win? That's just my guess to what they wanted to falsely portray. For all I know it was just the usual basic lying about her and trying to influence how people see her.

From what I remember Anne Hathaway was standing right near them and heard their conversation and knows that they had a lovely exchange. I believe Ang Lee heard the stories about Madonna being rude to him when they spoke after the Oscars and I believe they issued a statement dismissing the stories and also expressing "why would they say that?"

I'm so glad he cared to make the effort to dismiss the stories. Shows sensitivity and class. Something the media and increasingly the public should learn. I wonder how many either don't bother or actually encourage false stories about Madonna?

Thanks! Good for Ang.

I don't buy this story for one minute. Yes, Madonna's a bitch, but this doesn't sound like her at all. She's the consummate professional. if she was bored or impatient, I don't think she would express it that way. And even if she was bitch to the crew, I find those quotes unbelievable.

:thumbsup:

James Morrison got butt hurt after that meeting up.

He slagged her off on a British TV interview, saying she can't sing. He is so dull!

:rotfl::chuckle:

Oh, I remember reading stories of her foul mouth while working in the studio,etc.

I remember reading stories about her from studio engineers, album co-producers, other artists so and and so forth saying how she's the first to arrive and the last to leave from 1982 onwards.

I also remember reading a Susan Seidelman 2012 Vanity Fair Italia interview where Susan is recalling the days of the filming of DSS in NYC when Madonna would get up at 4am and go for a swim before she was the first to arrive on set an hour later

Hardly the attitude of a bitch, more like the ways of a genius

• 2 weeks later...

Also, Nile said once a technician walked out of the room and Madonna loudly asked where the fuck was he going? Nile became mad and almost quit the project.

Even though he always talks about how much he admires her and wants to work with her again, anyway.

MTV UK: You mentioned Madonna; what’s one of your fondest memories of working on Like A Virgin with her?

Nile: That was really phenomenal. People don’t give Madonna the real respect and credit that’s due her, she absolutely is the single hardest working person I’ve ever worked with, and I’ve worked with literally hundreds of stars. Madonna shows up early, stays late, she’ll do every single task you want her to do and more. She’s the kind of person that you dream about. She brings the superstar thing and she brings a work ethic unlike anything you’ve ever seen. For me it’s like a dream come true. Probably one of the easiest records of my life I’ve ever made.

(copy pasted from the Nile Rodgers thread)

I remember reading stories about her from studio engineers, album co-producers, other artists so and and so forth saying how she's the first to arrive and the last to leave from 1982 onwards.

I also remember reading a Susan Seidelman 2012 Vanity Fair Italia interview where Susan is recalling the days of the filming of DSS in NYC when Madonna would get up at 4am and go for a swim before she was the first to arrive on set an hour later

Hardly the attitude of a bitch, more like the ways of a genius

Absolutely!

Love this interview Madonna did where she mentions making Like a Virgin. She seemed to love Venice. He was most likely exaggerating about her because I am sure we would have heard much more about that otherwise.

Love this interview.