Why am I standing on a cloud everytime you are around...?

karbatal

Ok, boys and girls here (and those out there, because i believe in the spiritual world). I have noticed that you don't talk about Angel as you deserve. I think it's because you are not in love, because if you were you would understand those simple but haunting lyrics.

Many many many years ago (like a million) i feel in love when i was in high school. One of those sudden loves that last like 2 weeks, haha, but just then you feel you are standing on a cloud. So i wrote Angel's lyrics on my desk and the Math teacher came and asked what was that shit and i said it was Madonna. And he hated Madonna and said she was a whore and things like that (it was 1992) and I was angry and answered back and finally I spent the rest of the year helping the teacher on the blackboard! He dictated the problems and the numbers and i had to be solving them. It was hell, but i learned a lot. And i defended Madonna until the end!

And when Madonna released Hard Candy and some people here called me "bad fan" because i didn't like and said that i was more a Kylie fan i thought about those times, when i defended Madonna and was on the veirge of failing Maths!

Now, what have you done for Madonna, you bitches!!!!!!!

Ok, let's appreciate Angel. thank you

I love Angel. Angel was actually a number 1 hit here but it was mainly due to the B side Into the Groove. Not that Angel was not worthy, it was just that everybody already owned the Like a Virgin album which Angel was on. It is a much loved song and I adored her laughter on it as well.

such a beautiful song, I love the LAV album

Yes, :inlove: Like a Virgin album seems to get so overlooked by Madonna fans. Angel is another reason to love that album. So many classic pure pop songs.

Yes, :inlove: Like a Virgin album seems to get so overlooked by Madonna fans. Angel is another reason to love that album. So many classic pure pop songs.

I love every single song from LAV and I love the way she belts out some songs on it, her vocals were top notch here

A few years ago, when I was in high school, around this time of year (May-June) I would always listen to Madonna on my 25 minute walk to school at 6:45-7:00 o'clock in the morning and most frequently, I would listen to LAV the album. That's how I discovered how much I like this album and that there are actually so many good songs on it, other than the obvious MG and LAV (which I also like). And since Angel was like the 2nd track on the album I never missed it or skipped it. And it grew on me. Such a light, summery song, it made me forget I was going to 6 hours of torture school :lol:

That period of time made me really get into Angel, Love Don't Live Here Anymore (one of her best songs ever, regardless of what y'all say), Shoo-Bee-Doo, Pretender, Stay.

Whenever I listen to those songs (but especially Angel) I'm always reminded of that time of my life...I miss it... #sigh #nostalgia

It gaves us one of my favourite single covers ever! I adore this cover!

Madonna+-+Angel+-+7%22+RECORD-5376.jpg

I just hope one day she'll throw a couple of lines of the song into a live show like 'Why am I standing on a cloud' or 'Clouds just disappear'...

I love what they did with the 12" maxi. One side is the Angel cover, the other side is the Into The Groove cover. Fantastic packaging!

This is a quintessential 80's pop song. It's not as sophisticated as a PDP or LIB but something about this song has always been just flawless to me. It's so simple yet so perfect. Summery, sugary pop. The boys from Chic bring such a funky undertone to the song.

She really needs to pull this one out the vaults! I doubt she even remembers it exists....lol

Brilliant song. This and Dress You Up are my faves from LAV.

Missed oportunity as a single and video. One of my favs songs of her. Just too perfect.

It was a single here and I'm not really saddened by the fact it had no video. It's a fantastic song anyway.

I love Angel!! the extended dance remix is my fave with the "Madonna, Madonna, Madonna, Madonna" chants :)

YES! Angel is an angel full of wonder and surprise.

Angel is an awesome song! Love her laugh in the beginning and the "Clouds just disappear" line at the end - took me the longest time to realize that was what she was singing.