Why am I standing on a cloud everytime you are around...?

karbatal

Angel is the song that best captures her whole 80's appeal; infectious melodies, cute lyrics, dancey-pop beats, and THAT VOICE: "...the only way that THIS MAKES SENSE" give me chills! So much emotion. But I like it most because it makes me feel like a 9 year old girl dancing in the mirror, signing into my hairbrush. :wow:

I'd place Angel somewhere in my top 30 Madonna songs, for sure.

For me, it's one of her best opening lines ever. "Why am I standing on a cloud...". And i really really love the bridge!

Now I believe that dreams come true
'Cause you came when I wished for you
This just can't be coincidence
The only way that THIS MAKES SENSE is that...
And what's that video that was posted here??????? i never knew she had performed Angel anywhere!

I love this song, one of Madonna's finest midtempo tracks

Pity I was only 2 years old when all of this was happening

I wish I could have experienced it, the ones that actually did experience it are so lucky

Her most underrated single! Overshadowed by Into the Groove and all the other soundtrack singles as well as the two hit singles Material Girl and Like a Virgin, when it's actually better the latter two, in my opinion.

I read somewhere back then in 2008 that it was rehearsed or among the songs tested for S&S. I would love to hear a new rendition or have at least a recorded live performance of it.

Angel brings back so many memories to me. I was like 7 years old when it came out. And I can remember listening over and over again.

It is on my top ten favorite Madonna song. I love every second of it!

My god I cant beleive it has been more than 25 years now!

Reportedly, there were plans for a video for "Angel", but Warners decided to scrap them because "Material Girl", "Crazy For You" and 'Into The Groove" were all released to MTV within months of each other, and they decided that there was already enough Madonna on the video channels.

Here in Australia, both "Angel" and "Into The Groove" received huge amounts of airplay, although ITG had the edge. "Crazy For You" actually replaced Angel/ITG at #1 here, so there were three Madonna singles in heavy rotation at the time. ITG was only available on the 12" single of "Angel" (the 7" featured the album version and the remix with the "Madonna!" chant on the B-side). Warners Australia would have made a lot of money from that particular release!!

It's a great song! Thanks for highlighting it here :thumbsup:

Reportedly, there were plans for a video for "Angel", but Warners decided to scrap them because "Material Girl", "Crazy For You" and 'Into The Groove" were all released to MTV within months of each other, and they decided that there was already enough Madonna on the video channels.

Here in Australia, both "Angel" and "Into The Groove" received huge amounts of airplay, although ITG had the edge. "Crazy For You" actually replaced Angel/ITG at #1 here, so there were three Madonna singles in heavy rotation at the time. ITG was only available on the 12" single of "Angel" (the 7" featured the album version and the remix with the "Madonna!" chant on the B-side). Warners Australia would have made a lot of money from that particular release!!

It's a great song! Thanks for highlighting it here :thumbsup:

A travesty, because the video for Angel would've been so much better than the ones for Crazy for You, Gambler and Into the Groove. It's really sad that we only got two proper videos during that era.

A travesty, because the video for Angel would've been so much better than the ones for Crazy for You, Gambler and Into the Groove. It's really sad that we only got two proper videos during that era.

Well, 1985 was still early stages of the visual music industry, not many artists released many videos back then. I guess it was from 1986 on when MTV was in every home in the USA when they invested on music videos, so Madonna released so many from True Blue.

Did any other artist released several videos from an album in 1984-1985?

But i like that Angel and Dress You Up are a bit forgotten, so only fans enjoy it and they are not everywhere. I guess that's why those both songs, with LDLHA are my favs from the LAV album.

Angel is glorious, I love her vocal tone, it's so warm...My mum used 2 sing this at the breakfast table when I was

a wee lad...It shits buckets around the much overrated DYU, my least favourite track on LAV.

For decades I wanted her 2 do it live, but I fear now, It would get a faux rock treatment on guitar :manson:

So no thanx...

:inlove: 2:05 gives me life :dramatic:

But Drop Nineteens shoegaze cover shows a rock version isn't so ridiculous, not as much as Borderline. And someone said Angel was originally in the S&S setlist? Maybe rock Borderline is what we got instead.