New album updates - "So many great songs, can't wait." (Madonna)

This is slightly off the subject, but why has EDM now have this negative connotation to mean some kind of generic uncreative soulless manufactured music that people don't like? Originally, I thought it was coined as an abbreviation just for electronic dance music and it meant any kind of electronic music that dj's play or write for use in a club to get people dancing and it was supposed to encompass a wide variety of sounds from house, techno, dubstep,, trance etc. I thought it was created to distinguish it from other types of music based around live instruments such as rock and R&B. But now it seems to mean some specific overly commercial subset of dance music.

Madonna is the biggest selling and richest and most famous female recording artist in history, what the hell does she have to be desperate over?

Her legacy is signed, sealed and delivered

She's just making the music that SHE wants to make and working with producers that SHE wants to work with.

Which is what SHE'S always done in the past.

Don't overeact, girls. He might not be the only one she's working with, first of all. Remember Frank Ocean? He might as well be involved in the project. Other than that I'm pretty sure she's more interested in his country/folk influenced songs. They're not the typical kind of EDM songs and people have just recently caught up on that.

Madonna already mixed acoustic/folk-music with electronic music, but I think we can all agree that was a little ahead of it's time. NOW she actually has the chance to marry two major components of what she's been doing for a long time now. She can combine acoustic/folk music that will still get people to dance to. I'm pretty sure her lyrics are also going to be more political this time around with all that artforfreedom stuff she's been doing.

Also, didn't most of you love Love Spent? Love Spent is pretty much what a Madonna/Avicii song could sound like.

Oh okay, I'll be honest I don't know this dudes music. If Love Spent is any way how the album is going to sound then I'm on board.

Well I'm just happy for new music. As for Avicii the sound he introduced with songs like Levels is dated now but he has moved on mostly from that sound and the True album and his more recent work I can see working with Madonnas style. I like the fact he doesn't use heavily processed vocals and that will work better if the new album has ballads and slower songs on it.

Anyway I look forward to the drama, tantrums and meltdowns in the meantime.

I am assuming she is still in Los Angeles. Is that where they are recording?

I am just excited for a new album. No complaints from me WHATSOEVER. :tigger:

why do people resort to name calling and hateful remarks on this board when there is a difference of opinion expressed? it goes against the VERY ideals madonna herself promotes. you can debate and express opinion withOUT writing hate speech and being disrespectful to others.

I am assuming she is still in Los Angeles. Is that where they are recording?

I am just excited for a new album. No complaints from me WHATSOEVER. :tigger:

Yes! :tigger:

Let's see what this is like when we hear something maybe?...

But what surprises me is that anyone expects M to be edgy again after the last 2 albums.

To me she seems desperate for hit singles/album and staying relevant to a younger generation.

Funnily most of her original audience/fans are the ones crying out for something more experimental and not generic dance producers.

I had a listen to that Avicci album on youtube and to me that is generic music festival fodder.

I am all up for an Electronic album but not generic sounds, hopefully there will be other more interesting producers working on this album.

How did we start at rumours of ENO as producer and end up with AVICII (or Madonnas AVICCI) !?! LOL

I am having flashbacks to Mangapop :scared:

Desperate, staying relevant and the constant use of the word "generic" - hear it over and over with some Madonna fans. Their favourite phrases. Now I am waiting for the whole ruining her legacy, keeping up with the kids and handing in the fan cards.

Seriously, if you think Madonna is desperate, why even bother posting on her forums. There is a huge difference between saying you might be disappointed in the choice of producer, then calling her desperate etc.

Madonna is the biggest selling and richest and most famous female recording artist in history, what the hell does she have to be desperate over?

Her legacy is signed, sealed and delivered

She's just making the music that SHE wants to make and working with producers that SHE wants to work with.

Which is what SHE'S always done in the past.

Absolutely. Couldn't have said it better.

Guest Sweet Tooth

A full-on dance record leave the ballads for Adele and Celine. She's the Queen of the dancefloors :Disco_Ball:

I'm happy she's doing new music. Avicii could be good. He seems willing to experiment ..

Exactly. He just needs the "Madonna Touch".

It's official: Madonna is working in the studio with Avicii. She's started recording her new album as we announced.
Honestly we are not happy with her working with Avicii at all. History repeating. Apparently, Her Madgesty hasn't learn anything from her last 2 albums.
We deeply love Madonna and her artistic talent. We will always support her. That's why we like to speak what we think! She does not need people we only say YES.
Madonna with Avicii? Bad choice
To all Madonna fans who only want to read fake comments... Drownedmadonna is not for you. You know that all we say is what we think. All the time we say "wow it's fab" it's really what we think. We will always support and promote Madonna, BUT we want to be honest to do it the best way!
:dramatic:

I could see the album sounding like flesh tone. That would be awesome.

As much as I love Kelis, I don't need another Fleshtone, FROM ANYBODY.

But good luck to Madonna & Avicii. They better pull a rabbit out of their hats.

So excited to hear she's back in the studio!

I think that they started working together since the GGW remix and they have great things for us