New Album Rumours & Discussion

I think she first wanted Candy Shop to be title, as that was one of the first songs she did for the album. I think one of producers talked her out of it as 50 Cent already had a song out with that title. Then she had the "Black Madonna" idea, did a photoshoot for that, but then Guy O talked her out of it. Then she wanted to title it Give It 2 Me, did a photoshoot based on that, but Timbaland had already released a song with that title. Shame.

:rotfl:

i actually think it might be someone well known since its a top secret. who knows. exciting none the less

I was thinking that too while I was in bed last night. Or it might just be someone she previously has worked with, but hasn't in more than 10+ years...

Makes me think the Leonard or Shep rumors were true...

I dont know, I think the fact that she bringed a guitar with her to LA and didn't use it to her performances says a lot about the type of music she's doing.

She carried that guitar with her in every recording studio she went into back in 2007/2008. And look at how Hard Candy turned out...

Based on the demos for HC, we can tell she likes to lay down tracks on her guitar first before heading into the production stage

Well lets' try to find out ! Who lives in LA or was in LA when she recorded tracks last week ?

-Patrick Leonard lives in LA and we've got several rumors saying she's working with him (fingers crossed)

and a lot of other singers/producers as it was the week of the grammy awards so it doesn't really help... (daft punk, Nile rodgers, phraell, calvin harris, etc...)

Well lets' try to find out ! Who lives in LA or was in LA when she recorded tracks last week ?

-Patrick Leonard lives in LA and we've got several rumors saying she's working with him (fingers crossed)

and a lot of other singers/producers as it was the week of the grammy awards so it doesn't really help... (daft punk, Nile rodgers, phraell, calvin harris, etc...)

Joe Henry

Guest Not4Pussies

i want something smooth, melodic, r&b, some triphop, i want you, falling free, easy ride vibes

come on frank ocean, give her those soothing beats

Guest Not4Pussies

I was thinking that too while I was in bed last night. Or it might just be someone she previously has worked with, but hasn't in more than 10+ years...

Makes me think the Leonard or Shep rumors were true...

is that all you were thinking about whoopi?

Solo madonna isn't gonna happen

Get over it queens

U can post a million messages for it (which are all fucking REDUNDANT and a waste at this point) but nope. Sorry girls. Open a pity party thread.

Solo madonna isn't gonna happen

Get over it queens

U can post a million messages for it (which are all fucking REDUNDANT and a waste at this point) but nope. Sorry girls. Open a pity party thread.

were you ever referred to as a brat as child? :tongue:

I'm fine with collaboration in production. Or even a duet in the vein of Isaac on COADF.

I'm thinking the whole "Madonna featuring..." thing is just played out at this point.

I'll like whatever it is (because I usually do) but i still prefer madonna Solo. Sorry if that makes me a pitiful queen. I'm not gonna be alone at that party

I think everyone prefers Madonna solo, but she likes to collaborate from time to time so you just gotta roll with the punches and hope for the best. She's been featuring artists since Like A Prayer. It ain't sumthin new.

I know she writes melodies on her guitar, but I would not like an album of acoustic guitar folk or country like songs. I think she already did that on American Life, and even though I enjoyed it at the time, I think she went as far as she could go with that. I know people tend to think of acoustic guitar songs as serious and artistic, but I find those type of overly stripped down songs kind of boring and one dimensional. I would like the album to be either R&B or dance/electronic. I would like some ballads/slower songs but not based around acoustic guitar alone, but more downtempo trip hop/electronica in the vein of Frozen or the Power of Goodbye.

At the end of the day i'm excited about a new album so I couldn't care less who she collaborates with. I just want new music.

Exactly. Or the genre.

If the substance is there, it will be amazing regardless.