MADLEY MTV Unplugged

Camacho

Guest Rocco Papa

They were just talking about this on "The View." Highly negative response all around. The typical ageist comments, Sherri said Madonna's voal sounded "weak," and Whoopi said Madonna needs to "be herself" and "stop hanging around with these kids."

I feel like she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. With Gaga, people were complaining that Madonna wasn't supporting a younger artist who looked up to her. And when she does perform with a younger artist , people still complain about it.

They're entitled to their opinion, that's fine. But I thought it was very nice of Madonna to show her support for a younger female artist. She helped pave the way, so it shows a lot of class for Madonna to pay them her respects. She's not threatened by them, so she teams up with these girls. I think it's a good thing, but that's me.

They were just talking about this on "The View." Highly negative response all around. The typical ageist comments, Sherri said Madonna's voal sounded "weak," and Whoopi said Madonna needs to "be herself" and "stop hanging around with these kids."

I feel like she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. With Gaga, people were complaining that Madonna wasn't supporting a younger artist who looked up to her. And when she does perform with a younger artist , people still complain about it.

They're entitled to their opinion, that's fine. But I thought it was very nice of Madonna to show her support for a younger female artist. She helped pave the way, so it shows a lot of class for Madonna to pay them her respects. She's not threatened by them, so she teams up with these girls. I think it's a good thing, but that's me.

I agree. Nobody is saying things like this when the Rolling Stones invite younger acts to perform with them. And nobody is saying anything about Gaga performing with legends just for approval and to make it seem like she is a legend.

Anyway, I liked this performance more than I thought I would. It was cute, and they were obviously having fun with it.

From the Los Angeles Times:

Miley and Madonna is a match made in heaven. The beans were spilled early about the night’s surprise guest. But how would Cyrus keep up with pop’s most iconic button-pusher? By dialing up the sexuality, of course. During a cover of Madonna’s country-electro-fused hit, “Don’t Tell Me,” the Queen of Pop was ushered through the crowd and sat in the audience before she joined in. The song then masterfully morphed into Cyrus’ summer jam “We Can’t Stop” as the two playfully ground and struck out their tongues. On the song’s second take, Madonna joked that the two should get nastier, and Cyrus followed Madonna’s suggestion by frisking the pop star as if looking for contraband during the performance. "That was pretty … cool, you guys,” Cyrus beamed after. “It was one of those days that was pretty easy to get out of bed. I get to perform with Madonna in bedazzled cowboy boots. I can't really complain about anything."

I saw the View and the comments they made. For their standards which are usually quite low lol I didn't think they were that bad today (that included Barbra and Jenny! lol) Guess Jenny's been getting shit thrown on her from people here lol. Whoopi and Sherri were the most complimentary. They threw 'some' shade but Whoopi as usual at least was mainly praising by saying "It's Madonna! I love her but she doesn't need to resort to this blah blah". The typical, tired line many are saying. Still, like others here say, what about the endless amount of other legendary/older stars who frequently sing w/ popular younger singers. The biggest beast of em all (Elton!) does it frequently (has done it many x over the years) and got zero negative press for it! :#. Aside from HEllton, most of the older singers who duet or perform w/ younger, currently popular singers are male (Elton, Steven Tyler, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, Prince Mick Jaggar etc etc..)! They've ALL done it at various points over the years. Yet, again, they don't get stoned to death or even mentioned in any way vs. when M does it!

It's always the few same predictible that give these kinda predictable comments. The rest seem to have given a positive review.

I have watched it a few times now and still brings a smile.

You give way too much attention to the View. It's just a morning tv show with d list celebrities. What did Jenny MacCarthy do the last 18 years or so ? I mean seriously, look in the mirror bitch and clean your own trash.

She set her child up for measles, mumps and a life time of communicable diseases all while doing commercials for e-cigarettes

Madonna sounded a lot better than miley. that's just sherri and a lot of idiots' general consensus of her vocals speaking..

Rolling Stone

9.We'd all been waiting for the hotly-anticipated show-ending Madonna duet and it doesn't disappoint. Madonna emerges from the back of the audience dressed like a gay conquistador, a costume that's not that far-afield from the gay plantation owner get-up she wore at the Grammys. (Where will this historical thread lead?) Madge and Miley do a mash-up of "Don't Tell Me" and "We Can't Stop." There was a palpable sense of 'I wonder who this Miley Cyrus person is' in Madonna's performance and it's kind of incredible that it's been a whole decade since her similarly torch-passing VMAs duet with Britney Spears. Still, she throws herself into the moment with some top-tier Miley-grinding. It didn't all go over perfectly but if you can grind against Miley Cyrus with that much professional aplomb when you're in your fifties more power to you.

I didn't mind the dissenting opinion in that The Talk clip too much .. because nobody was being over the top spiteful and rude like some people usually are when talking about M. That being said, Sharon, would you like to speak to us about how your husband has kept his dignity and has behaved appropriately? Oh wait ...

The fact that these shows talk about a performance is hysterical! Do they talk about other artists performances???? This shows how bloody relevant Madonna is!! EVERTHING she does gets talked about! And yet they say she's "irrelevant"