CONFIRMED: Madonna will perform at the Grammys on Sunday!

Apples388

Macklemore Same Love would be perfect for her I think. Strong message and the chorus is really amazing. She ll shine if it is that. All other options sound strange and out of place...

not sure if this is true..

he latest performers for the 56th GRAMMY Awards are seven-time GRAMMY winner Madonna; nominees Billie Joe Armstrong (of Green Day) and Miranda Lambert in a special In Memoriam tribute to Phil Everly source Grammy.com

madonnasworld

he latest performers for the 56th GRAMMY Awards are seven-time GRAMMY winner Madonna; nominees Billie Joe Armstrong (of Green Day) and Miranda Lambert in a special In Memoriam tribute to Phil Everly source Grammy.com

madonnasworld

That was pulled directly from the first line of the article posted on Grammy.com. Notice the 'semicolon' which separates Madonna from Billie Joe Armstrong and Miranda Lambert who are doing a tribute to Phil Everly of the Everly Brothers. It doesn't mean she's actually performing with them.

I looked over all the performers and the nominees and putting that together with the picture of Madonna with the guitar and thinking about what would be the most iconic and attention getting performance, and I really think she will perform with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, who are performing together in a mini-Beatles reunion for the first time in many years. (Paul is nominated for best rock song for something he wrote with the surviving members of Nirvana) She's friends with Stella and she's appeared with him many times like at the MTV Video Music Awards back in the 1990's. That makes total sense to me. It's a little unexpected because they're not dance artists and everyone expects Madonna to perform with something younger and hipper, but the Grammys likes to do the unexpected. That has to be it.

Maybe "Imagine"? HOPE NOT.

madonnasworld

On the Grammy site, there's a semi colon after Madonna before Billie and Miranda. It doesn't mean they are all performing together on the same song. It means Madonna will be one of the performers on the Grammys as will Billie and Miranda in the Everly tribute.

Guest HaveASit

That was pulled directly from the first line of the article posted on Grammy.com. Notice the 'semicolon' which separates Madonna from Billie Joe Armstrong and Miranda Lambert who are doing a tribute to Phil Everly of the Everly Brothers. It doesn't mean she's actually performing with them.

This.

This.

I knew some would totally skip over the semi-colon and start assuming she was tied to Billie and Miranda, which will be a good performance in their own right. I'm assuming Miranda is stepping in for Norah Jones since Billie Joe and Norah released a collection of Everly Brother songs earlier last year before Phil's death.

Edited by BuenosAires

Madonna performing an Everly Brothers song with Miranda and Billie makes zero sense. It couldn't be that.

Oh, okay. I got the impression that she was going to be part of the tribute. Does this mean she's performing by herself? Why would they announce her as a performer individually if she's going to duet with someone?

Oh, okay. I got the impression that she was going to be part of the tribute. Does this mean she's performing by herself? Why would they announce her as a performer individually if she's going to duet with someone?

We only have rumors and the LA TIMES article stating she's singing with another nominee. Just mentioning her name doesn't mean she's performing alone. It just means they are not saying anymore than she is performing there. Big name, hoping to bring in more viewers.

While I'm glad she's doing the Grammys, she should have done this kind of promo around the release of MDNA

Superbowl excluded.

Maybe she'll go back to "traditional promo" with her next album.

While I'm glad she's doing the Grammys, she should have done this kind of promo around the release of MDNA

Superbowl excluded.

Maybe she'll go back to "traditional promo" with her next album.

past is past.

now is now.

stop complaining or I'll throw you a potato. :tit:

This is getting intense:

49 user(s) are reading this topic

37 members, 12 guests

:-)

here you go again with your STATS :lmao:

and im pissing myself at the ANALYSIS of every minute detail "there is a semi colon between the two names which must imply this" "there are stars on her guitar which means that" :lmao:

excited to see her on stage again, I cant believe its been 8 years since shes done this kind of thing. mad.

and im pissing myself at the ANALYSIS of every minute detail "there is a semi colon between the two names which must imply this" "there are stars on her guitar which means that" :lmao:

excited to see her on stage again, I cant believe its been 8 years since shes done this kind of thing. mad.

Why have you been randomly attacking fans for days?

Oh, you forgot all about since she hashtaged "it'sasecret", that she must be performing "Secret". LOL!

I love all the speculation though. It's also funny to see people get worked up over assumptions based on very little info we have. In two days, it won't matter, everyone will be creaming in their pants once she is on stage and then after that we will have pages and pages of complaints and critiques in what she should or shouldn't have done. :lmao:

Edited by BuenosAires