Why is RIT her worst tour?

Crystal Coffin

Matter of taste. As all things with Madonna. We all have our preferences. It is def not my Least favourite. But it ranks last next to her tours that followed.

It was my first Madonna show, so I hold a personal nostalgic love for it which makes be biased.

First segment, BEDTIME interlude and HOLIDAY were epic.

Other than that...snoooze

After Drowned World Tour...if someone would tell us we'd get a tour with Bedtime Story interlude, Lament, Hanky Panky, Material Girl, Burning Up, Crazy For You, Papa Don't Preach...etc...no one would believe! XD

Well, if only those songs had got good reinventions and clever ideas on stage, it would have been a good tour. It's not about the setlist, it's about the tour itself. Confessions has only a bunch of oldies, but it's great.

Well, if only those songs had got good reinventions and clever ideas on stage, it would have been a good tour. It's not about the setlist, it's about the tour itself. Confessions has only a bunch of oldies, but it's great.

you missed his point. I remember back after the DWT, it was very rare and unexpected to see Madonna embrace a pre-ray of light song. So to see her perform that after the DWT was amazing. LOOKING BACK NOW (which is your point) yeah...the execution was uninspired. But putting yourself back into your thought process at the time..RIT was everything

Blond Ambition and Girlie Show the peak of Madonna's tours. DWT was a disaster, could have been so much better

i' not a fan of DWT too.

tumblr_mhj2n1RBqc1qlycwjo1_500.jpg

every song from DWT is amazing, but I didn't like the way she dressed.

tumblr_mnx45dl8aD1r6fwo9o2_250.gif

Do you remember what it was like to be a fan back then? "American Life" was such a letdown to so many fans, shit sales added insult to injury, and the media was savaging her in album reviews, in news about the war, and in news about Kabbalah, basically portraying her as some sort of cult leader. Hating Madonna had become a national pastime and her fanbase was in a bad place because of it.

Reinvention didn't need to dramatically rework the songs or execute clever ideas. Having her get up there, be all smiles, sing a bunch of oldies, and banter with fans in the audience was a cathartic experience for fans -- it helped purge the ghosts of 2003 and kept us going all through until "Confessions."