Madonna's Harper's Bazaar 2013. STUNNING!!!

Mat.Guy

I'm a little disappointed with how briefly and nonchalantly she talks about the rape. Even if she's talked about it before, that hasn't stopped her from talking about other things in her career/life as if she's never talked about them before. There are examples in this very essay. She knows full well that when you're doing an interview or writing something publicly, for many people that will be the first time they've heard her talk about a particular subject. I don't think she mentioned it to "get publicity," but the manner in which it's tossed off makes me understand why someone might think that.

Anyway, I disagree that these photos aren't "very Madonna." What does that even mean? She's always worked with people because she wants to see/have their style, not hers. By virtue of the fact that she's in the photos means she automatically puts her stamp on them. I think it's very Madonna and goes well the themes of being a "freedom fighter," etc.

I'm a little disappointed with how briefly and nonchalantly she talks about the rape. Even if she's talked about it before, that hasn't stopped her from talking about other things in her career/life as if she's never talked about them before. There are examples in this very essay. She knows full well that when you're doing an interview or writing something publicly, for many people that will be the first time they've heard her talk about a particular subject. I don't think she mentioned it to "get publicity," but the manner in which it's tossed off makes me understand why someone might think that.

Anyway, I disagree that these photos aren't "very Madonna." What does that even mean? She's always worked with people because she wants to see/have their style, not hers. By virtue of the fact that she's in the photos means she automatically puts her stamp on them. I think it's very Madonna and goes well the themes of being a "freedom fighter," etc.

Yes, but the piece that she wrote for Harpers is a relatively brief article, not a full length book. If she dwelled on the rape longer, she wouldn't have had space to get to the other parts of her life in this mini-autobiography. Harpers asked her to write a mini-autobiography not an article on rape. But rape is a very life changing experience, so she could hardly leave it out if she was writing an autobiography. The idea that any woman would use rape as a way to get publicity is so ludicrous to me. No woman would ever do that. I find it a little offensive that men feel the need to lecture a woman how she should address being raped, when they most likely never had the same experience or judge her for talking about it all. Being raped is such a personal thing that every woman handles it differently and it's up to her how to address it. I as a rape victim found nothing offensive about how she dealt with it. I found it brave and inspiring that she shared it and it gives rape survivors the strength to go and shows that the experience does not totaly define you and have to ruin the whole rest of your life.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yes, but the piece that she wrote for Harpers is a relatively brief article, not a full length book. If she dwelled on the rape longer, she wouldn't have had space to get to the other parts of her life in this mini-autobiography. Harpers asked her to write a mini-autobiography not an article on rape. But rape is a very life changing experience, so she could hardly leave it out if she was writing an autobiography. The idea that any woman would use rape as a way to get publicity is so ludicrous to me. No woman would ever do that. I find it a little offensive that men feel the need to lecture a woman how she should address being raped, when they most likely never had the same experience or judge her for talking about it all. Being raped is such a personal thing that every woman handles it differently and it's up to her how to address it. I as a rape victim found nothing offensive about how she dealt with it. I found it brave and inspiring that she shared it and it gives rape survivors the strength to go and shows that the experience does not totaly define you and have to ruin the whole rest of your life.

100% agree! Such a great post!

The interview was to die for. Shame the comments from retards here in my country are very backwards thinking and very sheep-like. Still, who cares about them anyway? I applaud M for being open about this and not playing the victim card.

Yes, the photos are fantastic Uncle Terry or not. I agree with above who said an artist's work can be separated from their fucked up personal life. Do I wish she shot with another photographer? Yes. Now it's done do I have to mope about it? No.

marry me :blush:

I agree with everything you're saying except for the fact that men are unlikely to be raped. That part is not true at all. I have a personal experience that I won't share but it doesn't really effect me at all. I don't feel anything about it. I met a guy at a party once though and realised that he was actually straight but 'flexible'. When discussing sexuality it became apparent that he had issues with sex and he told me that he was molested and kidnapped as a child. He had a really skewed viewpoint on sexuality...almost...detached.

Who cares! What did you want her to do, describe the rape word for word? Come on!

Except no-one has thrown any 'shit' back at me, and no-one has questioned my sanity. And I haven't said those things in the ridiculous way you've tried to suggest. What I've said in this thread is fact and everyone knows it; they are just facts that some would rather ignore when they have a fabulous new Madonna magazine cover to look at.

Oh, but we have questioned you and your sanity in plenty a thread. What you may have said here in this particular thread about Terry Richardson may be "fact"...but as GU said, when you often slip in your 'illumanti' conspiracy theory fluff, then yeah, it absolutely becomes ridiculous.

NEWSFLASH: not a lot of people knew Madonna was raped. Even people who consider themselves big fans! I had no idea. Keep in mind I was only 9 years old when she first talked about it in an interview. And a few other people in this thread had no idea either. SO ODD. You think more people would remember her mentioning something like this in the past...

NEWSFLASH: not a lot of people knew Madonna was raped. Even people who consider themselves big fans! I had no idea. Keep in mind I was only 9 years old when she first talked about it in an interview. And a few other people in this thread had no idea either. SO ODD. You think more people would remember her mentioning something like this in the past...

You never read any bio's on her?

I do agree she looks great in this photoshoot and they are better in general from the MDNA CD pics and promo shots.

I also agree w/ a lot of what lucky guy says, so long as you replace "illuminati" w/ "sociopathic shitheads." I've never seen any posts where he talks about illuminati though.

I think it's just because she never made a song and dance about it.

She's so beautiful.

Her confession of the rape is all over the news in Greece ,they didn't mention secret project at all though

Same here, in Romania. No word about Secret Project, though.

http://a1.ro/showbiz/vedete/madonna-a-fost-violata-si-amenintata-cu-pistolul-in-tinerete.html

I think it was in the NME Erotica interview where she first mentioned it and even then it wasn't made into a big deal. It didn't become a massive story either from what I remember. It was in the Mail On Sunday today with a DSS picture but the story wasn't big or sensationalised here.

I love the pictures though. I wish they were for a video or something more than a shoot. So many great shoots just get forgotten whereas videos seem to live on.

When is it out in the UK?

You never read any bio's on her?

No. I try to stay away from that rubbish because they are all unofficial. I only read auto-bio's if the person in question is directly involved. Oh well. I learned something new about Madonna. So terrible!

The pro pics of lady gaga in Elle magazine a few weeks ago were better than this photoshoot

that shoot was alright but inconsistent

funny that elle deliberately obscured her face throughout the entire spread tho :lol:

Pushed is making headlines in Portugal too. I myself did not even remember that confession to be honest, was it ever that blatant and explicit?

Anyways, I seriously cannot stop staring at these photos. It's going to be my first magazine buy since the Music era!

Ok, watching the scene from the Ferrara film I now realize why it was familiar to me. Never thought fiction was obliterated at that scene though. A little appreciation for Snake Eyes/Dangerous Game in general, by far her most raw and brave performance and a fantastic movie

Guest Not4Pussies

i am excited for what's to come next. she is in a very provocative, inspiring, fuck you attitude. even more than ever.

this is the attitude that was missing for AL.

i am excited for what's to come next. she is in a very provocative, inspiring, fuck you attitude. even more than ever.

this is the attitude that was missing for AL.

Post-9/11 America was awful for anything counter-conservative. Plus Madonna had children and their safety was her primary concern.

Did I really just read...."I'm disappointed in the way Madonna talked about her rape"...........WHAT THE FUCK!??! SERIOUSLY!??

I just can't.

Btw....it makes perfect since that she brought it up as does the theme of the photos. She's a "warrior" hence the swords.....and the rape was probably a integral event in making her a warrior. I don't understand what's not to understand about this.