Madonna's Harper's Bazaar 2013. STUNNING!!!

Mat.Guy

It's really...hum... 9 years ago i was coming home from the gym when around the corner of my street i felt something grabbing me from my backpack and pushing me back. It all went fast and i was in shock, he had a knife and screamed at me "Why guys like you don't pay attention to guys like me ?". I recognized him, he was always sitting on a bench before my building. I always said hi like i usually do. He wanted to come to my apt. I said no he put the knife up to me, i still see it shining, and the fight started, thankfully i had ranger boots i had bought in New York where i had been living the 2 previous years. I smashed his head i was on fire, full of rage...he left running but took the cap i had on because my hair was wet. I called the police because i was scared he would come back with friends or that i could jump on someone else. They came to my place and they were horrible, they did what they could to dissuadate me to press charges "You know the office is far away, there are a lot of people, you'll wait for hours..." i couldn't believe it. I was still in shock and i felt like the one who did something bad. My BF at the time was the only person i knew and he was away on a swimming competition but on the phone he was just an asshole "Watch tv it'll pass" I didn't have TV and he knew it.

For weeks the most insignificant noise would keep my awake. I lost sleep, felt terribly vulnerable and it brought back something i wanted to forget to forever, something a doctor did to me as a teenager while he was checking me....he sucked me. It's hard to tell this even today, even after telling this story many times (after years of silence), therapy, revenge...It still feels uneasy to say he sucked me, i can say he raped me though it took me time to say it too but a therapist told me that a rape does not have to be with penetration, it's every unwanted sexual act. I felt guilty for a long time because i was hard too. And there years later i get mugged and it all brings it back to me. I admire Madonna for overcoming this, it seems like sadly with losing a parent at 6 that's another shit gift from life we have in common.

Madonna's intelligence continues to encourage me. She sort of conceals the deck of cards she's holding. Allowing the world small glimpses into her genius. I love that she's encouraging everyone to be more daring without hurting one another. We need to be bolder while also being kind.

She did discuss the rape many times before... So I dont see why the press is focossing on that. They should focoss on the article and the pics. She is INCREDIBLE!

i like the essay. she's just such an intelligent woman who keeps inspiring me. after thirty years.

she keeps to amazae me with this secretproject, the interview and this essay.

i dont care too much for the pics though.

Seriously I mean aside from NME I have something like 3 to 5 unauthorized biographies of M (Taraborelli,Morton,O Brien at al) and the rape is actually touched on in some chapters and I'm quite surprised that major press is only now making a fuss over it.

It's really...hum... 9 years ago i was coming home from the gym when around the corner of my street i felt something grabbing me from my backpack and pushing me back. It all went fast and i was in shock, he had a knife and screamed at me "Why guys like you don't pay attention to guys like me ?". I recognized him, he was always sitting on a bench before my building. I always said hi like i usually do. He wanted to come to my apt. I said no he put the knife up to me, i still see it shining, and the fight started, thankfully i had ranger boots i had bought in New York where i had been living the 2 previous years. I smashed his head i was on fire, full of rage...he left running but took the cap i had on because my hair was wet. I called the police because i was scared he would come back with friends or that i could jump on someone else. They came to my place and they were horrible, they did what they could to dissuadate me to press charges "You know the office is far away, there are a lot of people, you'll wait for hours..." i couldn't believe it. I was still in shock and i felt like the one who did something bad. My BF at the time was the only person i knew and he was away on a swimming competition but on the phone he was just an asshole "Watch tv it'll pass" I didn't have TV and he knew it.

For weeks the most insignificant noise would keep my awake. I lost sleep, felt terribly vulnerable and it brought back something i wanted to forget to forever, something a doctor did to me as a teenager while he was checking me....he sucked me. It's hard to tell this even today, even after telling this story many times (after years of silence), therapy, revenge...It still feels uneasy to say he sucked me, i can say he raped me though it took me time to say it too but a therapist told me that a rape does not have to be with penetration, it's every unwanted sexual act. I felt guilty for a long time because i was hard too. And there years later i get mugged and it all brings it back to me. I admire Madonna for overcoming this, it seems like sadly with losing a parent at 6 that's another shit gift from life we have in common.

*HUG* x

I'm so sorry.

I hear this story all the time.. about people being assaulted (and worse..) and when they tell someone, it's never a "big deal".. or "it happens to a lot of people.. you have to get over it".

A similar story happened to me 2 times as well. Once when I was 17 when I was doing an internship for 2 months (via HS at the time) at a small design/video agency. every time he explained how the software worked he put his hands where they really shouldn't belong. when I asked him about it he said "just ignore it when I do that. I do that to every girl I like.." (weirdly enough, this man's birthday was august the 16th. which always freaked me out a bit.) When I told my mother later she said that old men tried to come for her when she worked at a nursery in her 20s and 30s - that it's not a big deal because almost every woman goes through something like that at least once in their life.. so I should just accept it. It's sad, no one really cares unless it's a national outcry with people telling us "we should care". but in most cases no one does.

I'm not surprised the medias decided to focus on the rape, it's so typical from them. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them implied that she lied about it.

that's exactly what bothers me about it. but she hates being a victim and doesnt lie about her past. unlike others. but because of those new celebs/starlets making a big deal out of every little thing that happened and even insinuating rape (like gaga) im afraid they'll put her on the same level of those types of celebs.

normal_jbmsess1_%286%29~0.jpg

Here's a simple pic in front of a white wall, yet something about it is ICONIC. This is the type of thing I'm talking about. Minimal can be eye-catching and interesting. These new pics are just, whatever. We've seen it all before. Shit, anyone could have directed this photoshoot. Madonna standing w/ her arms on her hips.. okay. The fashion designer did all the work here. Even Madonna phoned it in, sorry folks. The pro pics of lady gaga in Elle magazine a few weeks ago were better than this photoshoot and believe me I TAKE NO PLEASURE IN SAYING SO.

Can't say I hate the post-MDNA period so far but at the same time it ain't doing much for me.

Here's a simple pic in front of a white wall, yet something about it is ICONIC. This is the type of thing I'm talking about. Minimal can be eye-catching and interesting. These new pics are just, whatever. We've seen it all before. Shit, anyone could have directed this photoshoot. Madonna standing w/ her arms on her hips.. okay. The fashion designer did all the work here. Even Madonna phoned it in, sorry folks. The pro pics of lady gaga in Elle magazine a few weeks ago were better than this photoshoot and believe me I TAKE NO PLEASURE IN SAYING SO.

Can't say I hate the post-MDNA period so far but at the same time it ain't doing much for me.

Why are M fans so fucking negative?

I always thought "Paradise" was about the rape

Was thinking the same thing, a la Tori Amos and Me and a Gun. Thought possibly Mer Girl ( not necessarily about her mother ) but a few lines indicate the aftermath of rape???

On a side note great article, here's hoping there's more. The photos really don't do anything for me though. She look georgeous, hair, make up style etc but just lack of theme and concept ( which she does really well with Klein) Terrys photos are just so repetitive, he does not really bring anything new to the table.

Care to expand that thought further?

I just read it on the forum somewhere then listening to the words it kind of made sense

Forgot to mention, but why is Madonna working with Terry in the first place. Was it not him and Gaga who made fun/ called her ( paraphrasing) an old slut/ bitch? Was there not photos of him standing next to the graffiti that said this as well! Madonna must have a high tolerance level, because if this was any normal person ( we know Madonnas not the norm) they would have smacked the shit out of the prick!

Forgot to mention, but why is Madonna working with Terry in the first place. Was it not him and Gaga who made fun/ called her ( paraphrasing) an old slut/ bitch? Was there not photos of him standing next to the graffiti that said this as well! Madonna must have a high tolerance level, because if this was any normal person ( we know Madonnas not the norm) they would have smacked the shit out of the prick!

Madonna proved Terry is an opportunistic hypocritical prick.

I totally agree. There's nothing 'Madonna' about these pictures. The art direction and styling could be any 'edgy' pop star photoshoot from the past 10 years, the photography is standard Terry white out shite (it's flattering but that's really all that can be said for it), the make up is all lashes and red lips -it could be Miley Cyrus.

This cannot be compared to Mert and Marcus; it's not in the same league.

Was thinking the same thing, a la Tori Amos and Me and a Gun. Thought possibly Mer Girl ( not necessarily about her mother ) but a few lines indicate the aftermath of rape???

On a side note great article, here's hoping there's more. The photos really don't do anything for me though. She look georgeous, hair, make up style etc but just lack of theme and concept ( which she does really well with Klein) Terrys photos are just so repetitive, he does not really bring anything new to the table.

There is a very clear concept. The shoot is called Madonna Dresses to Dare and of course it means more than clothes.

Take a look at the name of the pictures: Style Warrior, Agent provocateur, Ready for the battle and Expres Yourself. It goes with the article piece and what she's always saying lately. She's a freedom fighter.

No, Madonna proved she is an industry slave who can't refuse someone that powerful.

Or she proved that hate goes nowhere and made the option for the best road. Just like she did with Elton and on and on..

It's a revolution of love and action speaks louder than words.

Why are M fans so fucking negative?

You say the exact same thing in every thread. Sometimes people have different opinions that fall short of worship. Take a deep breath, t'll be all right.

No, Madonna proved she is an industry slave who can't refuse someone that powerful.

You think so little of everyone. How is Terry more powerful than Madonna? He's only a photographer. Trendy shooters only last so long before the next guy or gal behind the lens gains recognition as the latest thing.