Secret Project REVOLUTION! THE QUEEN OF LIFE!

Guest Pud Whacker

She never said violence should be censored. I think her concern is with it's prevalence and the culture of sedation and callousness that is absolutely rife today. Her point is that nobody is connecting the dots. It's a valid point I would say.

Take a step back for a moment.

There are no contradictions in what she is saying.

She never said that she wants violence to be censored.

She said she had a problem with the fact that people are DESENSITISED to those things.

I don't think she wants people to watch the video clip and say 'cool! Look at Madonna shooting her dancers and getting abused by prison guards.'. In fact I'm quite sure the intention is to stir up EMOTION. To make people feel something and care! I think she wants people to feel repulsed and upset by the imagery. To feel a connection to the circumstances for some people around the world. She never complained about her own work being set aside for a relative audience. She encouraged it! She never inappropriately shoe horned sex or violence into a performance. I'm sorry but she is perfection.

I always thought I was so resilient to the machine but I've been sucked in these last few years at least a bit. It's human nature and it's hard to break that cycle. I feel like I've been focusing on all of the wrong things in my life. I feel like I lost myself a little bit especially in the company of others. Not went against myself...just...did nothing. Showed nothing. Gave nothing. I know for some people this is just a video or an interview or whatever but it really is an awakening for me. A revival. Thank fuck for that!

Such a beautiful wonderful post. :clap:

I adore this forum so much and the people that post here. I am not sure if it is the right thing to do here but am appalled at some of the comments on Madonnatribe. There are people there who are continually ridiculing Madonna over the secret project and even agreeing with this vile Kyle Smith person. We talk of nasty journalists but it always astounds me to see people on a Madonna forum disliking her so much. Thank goodness that Madonnanation is a positive and wonderful place for Madonna fans.

I tweeted him these

@rkylesmith Madonna was one of the only celebs spreading awareness for AIDS, raising $ and paying for her friends' treatments in '87. Stfu

@rkylesmith Vogue is arguably the smartest dance song of all time - combining Old Hollywood & gay underground into a contemporary pop song

@rkylesmith that encourages people to be themselves is postmodern genius. Sad your narrow heteronormative mind can't process this

I adore this forum so much and the people that post here. I am not sure if it is the right thing to do here but am appalled at some of the comments on Madonnatribe. There are people there who are continually ridiculing Madonna over the secret project and even agreeing with this vile Kyle Smith person. We talk of nasty journalists but it always astounds me to see people on a Madonna forum disliking her so much. Thank goodness that Madonnanation is a positive and wonderful place for Madonna fans.

That forum is a large scale version of theothersnore forum. :zzz: The bitterness and self-loathing is always oozing out of their posts.

Guest Not4Pussies

so i follow JR on instagram. JR is the artist/photographer who Madonna has mentioned on her Instagram and has invited to some of her events recently, including the secretprojectrevolution premiere this week.

He took a picture of Madonna at the event and he posted it on IG. This lady left him a comment thanking him for showing the true beauty of the world through his art UNLIKE OTHER ARTISTS like Madonna who she says has a very unrealistic and disturbing view about the world (referring to the SPR). That Madonna's view about the world is not how it truly is. He replied to her comments with a smiley face. Guess he agrees with her.

What kind of magical utopia does this woman live in? I am all for showing the great and beautiful things about the world but what is wrong with showing the ugly and gritty side of the world? Making people become more aware about it. You can't get more realistic than that.

I agree with you Jan. It's always a pleasure to be a madonna fan, here.

so i follow JR on instagram. JR is the artist/photographer who Madonna has mentioned on her Instagram and has invited to some of her events recently, including the secretprojectrevolution premiere this week.

He took a picture of Madonna at the event and he posted it on IG. This lady left him a comment thanking him for showing the true beauty of the world through his art UNLIKE OTHER ARTISTS like Madonna who she says has a very unrealistic and disturbed view about the world (referring to the SPR). That Madonna's view about the world is not how it truly is. He replied to her comments with a smiley face. Guess he agrees with her.

What kind of magical utopia does this woman live in? I am all for showing the great and beautiful things about the world but what is wrong with showing the ugly and gritty side of the world? Making people become more aware about it. You can't get more realistic than that.

can you give a link or say what picture that was said? I'd hate it if he'd turn against M now, as I always liked his work and wish they'd do something together.

Guest Not4Pussies

can you give a link or say what picture that was said? I'd hate it if he'd turn against M now, as I always liked his work and wish they'd do something together.

i don't think he has, maybe he just replied to the lady that way as a thank you for her comments about him. who knows?. here is his profile and it's the black and white pic of M http://instagram.com/jr

i don't think he has, maybe he just replied to the lady that way as a thank you for her comments about him. who knows?. here is his profile and it's the black and white pic of M http://instagram.com/jr

edit: never mind, got it! couldnt see her in the pic at first. um.. don't think he means anything with it other than thanking her for the compliment..

Take a step back for a moment.

There are no contradictions in what she is saying.

She never said that she wants violence to be censored.

She said she had a problem with the fact that people are DESENSITISED to those things.

I don't think she wants people to watch the video clip and say 'cool! Look at Madonna shooting her dancers and getting abused by prison guards.'. In fact I'm quite sure the intention is to stir up EMOTION. To make people feel something and care! I think she wants people to feel repulsed and upset by the imagery. To feel a connection to the circumstances for some people around the world. She never complained about her own work being set aside for a relative audience. She encouraged it! She never inappropriately shoe horned sex or violence into a performance. I'm sorry but she is perfection.

I always thought I was so resilient to the machine but I've been sucked in these last few years at least a bit. It's human nature and it's hard to break that cycle. I feel like I've been focusing on all of the wrong things in my life. I feel like I lost myself a little bit especially in the company of others. Not went against myself...just...did nothing. Showed nothing. Gave nothing. I know for some people this is just a video or an interview or whatever but it really is an awakening for me. A revival. Thank fuck for that!

I actually thought the very same thing as JazzyJan earlier. I just didn't get around to saying it. A very beautiful and wonderful post.

kurt loder hates it apparently : :(

This film is preposterous, and an insult to people risking more than the cost of cameras and choreography for their freedom...

Hates what? The film? Is that his quote?

...the NY post level readership about Madonna singing La Isla Bonita in 1987 therefore being unqualified to making a statemnet about intolerance in 2013 when in fact she's been making these kind of statements for the past 30 years

That was a pretty ridiculous part of the article, as if ppl dont't grow due to life experiences and CHANGE over the course of 25+ years.

That was a pretty ridiculous part of the article, as if ppl dont't grow due to life experiences and CHANGE over the course of 25+ years.

To even further this point - I don't care if she sings the Hokey Pokey. She's still able to speak out on issues, be charitable and raise awareness at the same time. Just because someone sings a lighthearted pop tune does not automatically mean their entire self and life isn't credible or charitable. That reporter is an absolute fool. But again, the NY Post. Dreck.

yes.. his words.. :( positive thing is he did say her performances never disappoint..

Absolutely delicious, the movie is madonna and Klein at their best. I just hope we see her bare hands again someday. She needs to know that people will still love her no matter what they look like. Oh and the lighting in the interview, jeepers!...I just think she'd be taken more seriously by the broader public/media if she wasn't so blatantly concerned with the superficial. It does create a bit of a contradiction, as beautiful as it is.

"Geez i thought was annoying Metallica fans today"....so he is doing it on purpose. It's called trolling not journalism.

I was going to tweet this Kyle person (I will not reduce myself to name calling since I have joined the Revolution of Love) and decided that he does not deserve the attention. He's questioning SPR motives while he is retweeting the angry tweets directer towards him for self promotion. Furthermore, by his "lucky Star" logic Jerry Lewis should not have founded his MDA telethon since he was pretty much a bafoon in all his movies. Do the editors do their jobs anymore? who gave this the green light?