Madonna New 2014 Album Rumor Thread!

robster

Guest Rachelle of London

There's always the possibility that others are taking too much credit, basking in Madge's spotlight if you will. There's also lots of conflicting info eg. Orbit saying Madonna worked hard on the Falling Free lyrics, that other bird not mentioning Madonna's lyrics at all. The GGW "demo" first appearing as a cover then then all of a sudden a demo, We also don't know at which point these demos were recorded. It was stated that for the last two albums they used session singers to go back and forth with production changes rather than Madonna coming in the studio. So who knows at what point in the production process (and what point of Madonna's involvement) each "demo" is from. No matter what anyone tags or labels it.

Listening to Julie wasserface singing Masterpiece is hilarious. The parts that's she's clearly struggling to sing I have a hard time believing she actually wrote. Very piecemeal.

The fact is we just don't know.

This x 1,000,000

Madonna did have a hand in writing the majority of the songs on MDNA. She submitted partial lyrics to a lot of people so they could complete the song, melody wise.

And Laurie Mayer stated that she wrote the melody for Falling Free. Big difference from writing lyrics.

Well, hope people don't hate me for what I'll say, but, Madonna herself called her in some interviews more of a dancer and a performance artist.

We know she sings, she writes and is really involved with her music (writing, producing...). And has a very strong idea of what she wants to present.

For me, I admire Madonna because she always brings creative people and material to make a better product.

Sometimes it feels like it's just for the money and there's a lot of pressure for new records and tours ( after all it's all business).

But I think, besides that, Madonna still put her input., sometimes more, sometimes less.

Nowadays, how many artists are recording great music with great, personal songwriting in pop music? And as regularly as her?

MDNA sounded more her to me. Credit for choosing songs that "fitted her shoes" and making them even more personal.

But HC, apart Miles away and Devil I don't get that personal vibe from Madonna.

The Beat Goes On has Madonna trademark all over! In fact, i wish she had been more playful and called Stephen Bray to make a 12" extended, you know. Just for fun and for fans. And called Donna and Niki to sing too. It would sound as another song from the WTG soundtrack!

^That¡s true Kim. I forgot we knew they were using singers to record because Madonna was too busy to go to the studio and wanted to make things faster.

According to Madonnarama, Orbit used a session singer called Charlene Ava for the demos of the songs he did. They later added that she had been involved in the early pre-production stages.

But none of the MDNA demos that have leaked so far feature her vocals..

As for "Hard Candy", I think Madonna co-wrote most songs from scratch, apart from "Heartbeat" (originally recorded by Pharrell and Nicole Scherzinger) and "Ring My Bell".

My main problem with that album is Timbaland's production. What he did with "4 Minutes" and "Miles Away" was great (though it felt more Timbaland than Madonna), but "Devil" and "Voices" are overproduced to death.

Heartbeat, Ring My Bell, and Spanish Lessons were very minimal uncompleted songs Pharrell recorded specifically for Madonna. Scherzinger had nothing to do with Heartbeat other than singing a few lines. It was just a concept demo.

Did you not hear his demo of Spanish Lesson?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlHcrrY4Lo8

I guess Madonna forgot to cover that originally with all the jibberish? :manson:

Don't get it twisted.

Msig, your Columbo-esque work is very, um ...admirable. but I wish you'd stop referring to Madonnatribe and Madonnarama eg Bullshit Central when making your points. It just serves to invalidate them.

Yeah, whoopiedoo

I read somewhere Mika said Madonna changed Bang bang so much that he couldn't even say it was his music.

The Beat Goes On has Madonna trademark all over! In fact, i wish she had been more playful and called Stephen Bray to make a 12" extended, you know. Just for fun and for fans. And called Donna and Niki to sing too. It would sound as another song from the WTG soundtrack!

I am all for the fun in Beat Goes On, and you're right, lyrics sounds like Madonna.

But I don't like the hip hop melody of HC. I prefer Madonna when she sounds more dance and pop.

Guest Rachelle of London

Msig is the forum detective! Love it!

ooh I've heard some Charlene Ava stuff before, did not know she was the session singer...small world

Heartbeat, Ring My Bell, and Spanish Lessons were very minimal uncompleted songs Pharrell recorded specifically for Madonna. Scherzinger had nothing to do with Heartbeat other than singing a few lines. It was just a concept demo.

Did you not hear his demo of Spanish Lesson?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlHcrrY4Lo8

I guess Madonna forgot to cover that originally with all the jibberish? :manson:

Don't get it twisted.

While "Ring My Bell" and "Spanish Lesson" demos (I had never heard the latter before you posted in) have leaked only in snippet form, the demo of "Heartbeat" leaked in full. Obviously only a demo, but Madonna's main changes were the lyrics. The music and the top melody sound exactly the same to me.

Msig, your Columbo-esque work is very, um ...admirable. but I wish you'd stop referring to Madonnatribe and Madonnarama eg Bullshit Central when making your points. It just serves to invalidate them.

Personally, I can't stand Madonnarama, but most (not all) of their exclusives have been accurate so far.

Think what you will of MadonnaTribe, but their exclusives are all accurate.

While "Ring My Bell" and "Spanish Lesson" demos (I had never heard the latter before you posted in) have leaked only in snippet form, the demo of "Heartbeat" leaked in full. Obviously only a demo, but Madonna's main changes were the lyrics. The music and the top melody sound exactly the same to me.

Your right. But that song was recorded for Madonna. It wasn't for a Pharrell album, wasn't for Nicole's, it was intended for Madonna.

Yeah, whoopiedoo

I read somewhere Mika said Madonna changed Bang bang so much that he couldn't even say it was his music.

I am all for the fun in Beat Goes On, and you're right, lyrics sounds like Madonna.

But I don't like the hip hop melody of HC. I prefer Madonna when she sounds more dance and pop.

Yeh, "Gang Bang" is all Madonna, at least musically. Orbit said she improvised the top melody in the recording studio while singing the lyrics of "Bang Bang" over an instrumental by Demo Castellon that she heard by accident.

As for "Beat Goes On", I guess this early acoustic demo says it all:

I've heard that the verses in the final version were originally part of another demo titled "Silly Girl", but I don't know anything about that song..

Well thank god she had no hand in the melody of that crap!

Personally, I can't stand Madonnarama, but most (not all) of their exclusives have been accurate so far.

Apparently they both got the dvd release date wrong as Universal Music NL says the dvd comes out on the 6th. Not on the 9th :D But respect for all the sites that have info on M new stuff. Sometimes they get it right and others they get it wrong. And then you have sites that constantly completely make things up

I am very appreciative of Madonnarama because they posted my translation of the 2012 Madonna Vanity Fair Italia Interview aknowledging that it was my translation whereas other sites and especially ATRL boards just copied and pasted it

I'm not getting into this with you AGAIN just like the whole mdna tour exclusives debacle, but no. they has been proven wrong time and time again.

Just like you keep telling us time and time again about Madonna's supposed minimal input into her own music.

Apparently they both got the dvd release date wrong as Universal Music NL says the dvd comes out on the 6th

Not on the 9th :D

Actually, they were right. The Netherlands and some other countries in continental Europe, including Germany and Italy, always get new releases on Fridays, 3 days before the rest of the world. ;)

Your right. But that song was recorded for Madonna. It wasn't for a Pharrell album, wasn't for Nicole's, it was intended for Madonna.

I've never claimed otherwise. :)

they has been proven wrong time and time again.

when?

Madonnatribe said MDNA would be a non-stop album like COADF.

Actually, they were right. The Netherlands and some other countries in continental Europe, including Germany and Italy, always get new releases on Fridays, 3 days before the rest of the world. ;)

:laugh:

Ooops I forgot about that. But do you really think Madonna has little hand in her output? :( Because within the whole pop landscape of yesterday and today she stands out as the only person that isn't about working like that at all

And Julie Frost gave an interview after getting the Golden Globe for Masterpiece that Madonna DID write WITH them. and that she has such a talent to do it.

The Beat Goes On is the grandaughter of Spotlight, who is indeed the daughter of Over and Over.

There's supposedly a Spotlight demo which was written around the time of Holiday and was dug out and reworked for YCD so it predates Over and Over.

There's supposedly a Spotlight demo which was written around the time of Holiday and was dug out and reworked for YCD so it predates Over and Over.

I'd like to hear it.

I love when the demo version is completely different from the final version. Just think of STAY 81 and STAY...

Not today thanks, been there done that.

In that case: Excuse me for believing in people who provide me with accurate info 95% of the time

Madonnatribe said MDNA would be a non-stop album like COADF.

If they said so, it's very likely that that was the plan at the time when they said it. After all, plans do happen to change once in a while, e.g. the MDNA Tour dvd release date.

:laugh:

Ooops I forgot about that. But do you really think Madonna has little hand in her output? :( Because within the whole pop landscape of yesterday and today she stands out as the only person that isn't about working like that at all

I think that Madonna's songwriting abilities are underrated by the general public. But I also believe that her actual songwriting contributions to the MDNA album were of lesser extent than to her previous albums. The W./E. film being the primary reason for that.

Still, I choose to believe that her songwriting contributions are generally substantial enough to justify her songwriting credits (with "Revolver" being a notable exception). At least they were for GGW and, even more so, TUTR and Some Girls.