Madonna New 2014 Album Rumor Thread!

robster

Unfortunately that write up actually makes it seem like Madonna's songwriting input was quite minimal on that album. Whether that's all true or not who knows.

I'm doubting Ray of Light, Music, American Life and Confessions were created in such a way. Probably the opposite infact. Not sure about Hard Candy.

Actually, I remember Preston writing already in early 2011, possibly in the MadonnaTribe forum, where he was an admin back then, that Madonna's songwriting input on what would become MDNA would be minimal. I think that Metroweekly article sums it up fittingly: MDNA is a good album, but not a particularly inspired effort.

As you write, most songs on M's previous albums were co-written by M from scratch. With William Orbit, she would usually write the top melody and the lyrics based on his instrumentals, and many of her Mirwais songs seem to have been originally conceived as acoustic songs.

Even for Confessions, she co-wrote the lyrics and/or music to all songs from scratch.

Hard Candy appears to be a mixed bag. Songs such as "Heartbeat" and "Ring My Bell" were originally written and recorded by Pharrell and presented to Madonna as complete songs, while most other songs were co-written from scratch by Madonna. "Beat Goes On" was originally an acoustic song written by Madonna alone. And then there's "Give It 2 Me", which Madonna originally wrote as "Infinity" with an entirely different top melody. And "Devil", which was originally as 1920s-sounding bluesy torch song, according to Mike McKnight, who was a keyboard player and programmer on the Re-Invention Tour.

Guest bluejean

I hope she actually get inspired again musically and lyrically with the next album. The thought of Madonna changing afew lyrics and then putting her name on a song kind of annoys me. Maybe she's just not as inspired as a songwriter as she once was? Or maybe she's working with the wrong people?

Or maybe alot of that info just isn't true?

I hope she actually get inspired again musically and lyrically with the next album. The thought of Madonna changing afew lyrics and then putting her name on a song kind of annoys me. Maybe she's just not as inspired as a songwriter as she once was? Or maybe she's working with the wrong people?

For most songs (GGW, GB, IAS, LS, MP, FF), the info was based on interviews with co-writers.

However, for "Falling Free", we got conflicting info from William Orbit and Laurie Mayer..

And then there are songs like "Turn Up the Radio" and "Some Girls", where the differences between the original pre-Madonna demos and the finished songs tell it all.

But yeh, I would like to see Madonna recording an album because she feels a creative need to write songs, and not because she is contactually obliged to release two studio albums' worth of new songs within the next 5 years.

Guest SecretGarden

The thought annoys me too, but really I believe the information; a listen to MDNA proves a lot of that information to be correct. It just doesn't sound like a Madonna album.

imo the last album which felt like a true Madonna album was Confessions on a Dancefloor, you could just tell that a lot of effort was put behind it by Madonna, with Hard Candy and MDNA you really can't. That isn't to say they're bad albums, I feel they are solid pop albums but not great Madonna albums.

The thought annoys me too, but really I believe the information; a listen to MDNA proves a lot of that information to be correct. It just doesn't sound like a Madonna album.

imo the last album which felt like a true Madonna album was Confessions on a Dancefloor, you could just tell that a lot of effort was put behind it by Madonna, with Hard Candy and MDNA you really can't. That isn't to say they're bad albums, I feel they are solid pop albums but not great Madonna albums.

Oh I think MDNA is very much Madonna and a lot of the expression on Hard Candy is as well.

I agree. I feel like she took the easy way out and just took the songs given to her. For her to do that, she must have just felt more comfortable with reworking songs already done and that worries me.

Guest Rachelle of London

Didnt M spend over a year recording and writing stuff for Hard Candy? The amount of tracks that didnt even make the album suggest a lot of work went into that project from Madonna's end....MDNA is a different story

Guest bluejean

Didnt M spend over a year recording and writing stuff for Hard Candy? The amount of tracks that didnt even make the album suggest a lot of work went into that project from Madonna's end....MDNA is a different story

That's true. Like Infinity, the early versions of Beat Goes On.... Also you can't tell me someone else wrote the lyrics to Animal.

Guest bluejean

MDNA is not a different story. Madonna is where people make up their own version of the truth and the real truth never comes out about others.

What? Sorry but the evidence says otherwise. I wish it weren't true but that album was put together quickly. I still like it though.

I don't know exactly how long Madonna spent working on HC, but Justin Timberlake said in an interview that she had already written an entire album's worth of songs with Pharrell by the time Timbaland & co. came into the picture in the summer of 2007.

Unfortunately, I think that some of the songs that made the album, especially Heartbeat and Spanish Lesson, are weaker than any of the songs that ended up not making the final cut..

Guest Rachelle of London

MDNA is not a different story. Madonna is where people make up their own version of the truth and the real truth never comes out about others.

I'm just going by the original demos and the songs they became, and stuff songwriters from the album have stated. I also think its telling how the arrangements of some of the songs were altered for the tour, I wonder if M had more time recording the album would she of changed a lot.

I don't know exactly how long Madonna spent working on HC, but Justin Timberlake said that she had already written an entire album's worth of songs with Pharrell by the time he the Timbaland & co. came into the picture in the summer of 2007.

Ironically, I think that some of the songs that made the album are weaker than any of the songs that ended up not making the final cut..

Case in point : Across the Sky.

Guest Rachelle of London

Do me a favour, you wanna bash Madonna then never touch anytning that she puts out. You wanna bash her another way then go back where you came from and bash away otherwise fuck off. You use her anyway you like.

Bluejean isnt bashing her...did I miss something?

Are you nuts? Is that the way to talk to Bluejean? He's a Madonna fan for years. Now learn some manners! This is not 2009 anymore.

Do me a favour, you wanna bash Madonna then never touch anytning that she puts out. You wanna bash her another way then go back where you came from and bash away otherwise fuck off. You use her anyway you like.

Guest Rachelle of London

What? Sorry but the evidence says otherwise. I wish it weren't true but that album was put together quickly. I still like it though.

Exactly. Even Love Spent which is probably the most personal song on the album was first recorded by Priscilla Renea, this version has never been heard but I wonder if a lot was changed.

Also where are the MDNA demos? I really wanna hear some of the songs that were left out, I bet there are some gems

Actually a lot of her fans love the song. Especially the video.

I especially love when she's caught by the football players so fuck off MOTHERFUCKER!

BJ can join you!

oh, hahahahaha, i just read this rant. Want to be friends?

Now seriously, i never knew that MDNA was made from so many demos submitted to her! I was so sure that LS and FF were Madonna's entierly and that the credited people simply were sample people or producers.

Guest Rachelle of London

Chelle even someone else that used spew this shit said that Madonna did indeed work on Love Spent

If you look it up you will see that Priscilla recorded a version of LS, she even stated in an interview that M made her words into something more special. I never said that Madonna never worked on it, I said I wanted to know how much was changed

If you look it up you will see that Priscilla recorded a version of LS, she even stated in an interview that M made her words into something more special. I never said that Madonna never worked on it, I said I wanted to know how much was changed

:yes:

The chant in the acoustic version of "Love Spent", which was also used in the live version, was taken from Priscilla Renea's original demo.

I remember Priscilla wrote (on Twitter?) that Madonna "flipped" the lyrics, or something like that..

But I guess we won't know how Priscilla Renea and Madonna's versions compare to each other until we get to hear the demo.

All we know for sure is that the banjo and the "Hung Up-homage" were in the song from the very start.

Should we open a special thread or Larkspur where everybody agrees with him? I'm a bit afraid he will burst or kills us, because i was going to say that the GGW demo sounds a bit better than Madonna's version, at least the verses, less robotic.

*hides at home and waits for the explosion*

Guest SecretGarden

Also wasn't there a short video clip floating around the net of the Girl Gone Wild demo (not sung by Madonna) being played really loud at Madonna's house? This was before any news of the album had surfaced.

Guest Rachelle of London

:nod:

The chant in the acoustic version of "Love Spent", which was also used in the live version, was taken from Priscilla Renea's original demo.

I remember Priscilla wrote (on Twitter?) that Madonna "flipped" the lyrics, or something like that..

Exactly!!!!!!!!

I've met Priscilla a few times mainly due to Rihanna stuff and I asked her about Madonna and she said working with Madonna was a lifechanging experience as she was such a professional and came into the studio and actually knew her stuff. So Priscilla was never bashing M in any way. She just recorded a version of Love Spent before Madonna :chuckle:

Guest bluejean

:rotfl:

wow, chelle, it has to be so thrilling to talk to somebody who has written something with Madonna! And imagine for a somewriter, meeting with such an artist. Sometimes i wonder how they can get inspired being so nervous.

Also wasn't there a short video clip floating around the net of the Girl Gone Wild demo (not sung by Madonna) being played really loud at Madonna's house? This was before any news of the album had surfaced.

Well, the clip certainly sounds like the chorus of Rosette's GGW version

Guest bluejean

I can't even respond to that person. I feel like I'm in the Gaga thread. Or a mental asylum. Not that there's much difference between the two.