AUSDONNA!!!! - Aussie Fan Thread

Guest CUBB

I've just been in Japan, where the hydrangeas are starting to bloom. I couldn't help thinking of Madonna :)

041092_Hydrangea_bigleaf_ld.jpg

Welcome back Carta. Just posting some hydrangeas for you.

About the only thing I don't agree with Madonna about. I love Hydrangeas. LOL. Still, I could not believe the over-reaction to her comment about hating them. It was like she had become a mass-murderer and the guy was a spoof reporter not even a fan. WOW memories of hydrangea-gate.

Thanks, Janelle!! :thumbsup:

I agree - the media reaction was ridiculous! The same idiot was in the news several months later for attempting to kiss Will Smith on the red carpet at the MIB3 premiere. He knew exactly what he was doing when he gave Madonna her least favourite flower....

Guest groovyguy

http://entertainment.stv.tv/onstage/232432-into-the-fringe-madonna-songs-in-vogue-at-michael-griffithss-new-show/

Into the Fringe: Madonna songs In Vogue at Michael Griffiths’s new show
STV

20 July 2013 07:00 BST

This August in Edinburgh, Australian music theatre star Michael Griffiths is Madonna.

No accent, costume or wig – just Madge accompanying herself at the piano, leading you on a journey through her tough life and tender songs.

We caught up with Michael to find out at what stage the transformation is...

So, the Fringe wheel turns again. Tell us more about your show...

It’s the entire Madonna catalogue given cabaret treatment, as if she were in the Great American Songbook.

It’s also a little avant-garde because I actually play the Queen of Pop but without any impersonation or costume - just me seated behind the piano with her fabulous tunes and her revealing secrets at my disposal.

I adore her songs and they work a treat away from all the pop production wizardry, but we aren’t afraid to have a few laughs at her expense too.

How long has it taken you to concoct – and are you feeling ready for it?

It was commissioned by the Adelaide Cabaret Festival in 2011 and I’ve since performed it all around Australia, New Zealand and in New York. The show has been evolving along the way and has never been better!

What tip are you using to try and survive a month-long festival, one located in Scotland of all places?

It’s my first time so I’m just gonna dive in and hope for the best. I’m only in town for two weeks and will see as many shows as I can squeeze in, when I’m not camping it up as the Queen of Pop.

191577-michael-griffiths.jpg

Brisbane's top station (97.3) play her regularly. They play "the best from the 80s, 90s and today" (with a healthy dose of 70s ABBA thrown in...!) and the music they play really is the perfect blend of what is popular today and classics (e.g. they'll play "Blurred Lines" followed by "Like A Prayer", then "Get Lucky" and "Blue"). In the last few weeks, I've heard "Sorry", "Like A Prayer", "Hung Up", "La Isla Bonita", "4 Minutes", "Music" and "True Blue".

Carta!!! Are you coming to the party in August in Brisbane?

Tomorrow i'm waking up early tomorrow because i'm going to go to one of those reject/salvo places on the hunt for any Madonna album/singles/DVDs/other items on the off chance that I will find any. I don't know whether or not that falls into the pathetic column :lol:

That definitely belongs in the Stan secrets thread! As does this. Have been trawling second hand book shops in Sydney and ACTUALLY CAME ACROSS THE SEX BOOK.

Bought it yesterday for $90 and have been engaging in frottage with it since. Absolutely spectacular.

Carta!!! Are you coming to the party in August in Brisbane?

No...Niall kicked me out of the Facebook group, so I dare say I'd receive a very frosty reception if I showed up....! In any case, it's my school's Class of 2003 Reunion that night, and my former students would crucify me if I ditched them....! I know it will be a brilliant event and you guys will have a ball!! :thumbsup:

Nope :( I wish he would come incognito

Thanks San! :) I'd love to meet you and Matt and everyone else from Madonnanation who's going - it will happen one day!

didn't know where else to post this but i got really excited. i was reliving some of my youth and happily watching a distillers video and noticed throughout that the guitarist is wearing a t-shirt with madonna on it ^_^ (i think?!)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24w1u_the-distillers-city-of-angels_music

she is EVERYWHERE :inlove:

by the way i watched the project the other night and they totally played a madonna song. they do love her!

by the way i watched the project the other night and they totally played a madonna song. they do love her!

CJM, it is the best part of the Project, hearing all of the Madonna songs. Lately they are on all of the time and so many different ones.

What about our biggest bogan Shane Warne, being drunk and groping Liz Hurley at the Ascot races. Great to see him back to his old ways. :lmao:

shane-warne-ascot-4.jpg

123857-shane-warne-at-ascot-royal.jpg

Madonna got a mention on that new Channel 7 program "Slideshow" this week. The teams had to mime photos and one was of Madonna. He was trying to indicate the conical bra and someone yelled out "Lady Gaga!" The guy responded with "Not quite....Lady Gaga wishes!!" and they instantly guessed that it was Madonna :)

As much as the Gaga fans try to claim that she is completely original, the general public tend to see her as a variation (perhaps inferior) of Madonna.

Oddly enough, I think the photo in VeronicaElectronica's display pic is from the same day as the photo they used on the show....spooky....!!!!!

haha cool, i love stories like that Carta, thanks.

So it's official. I've turned my 11 year old sister into a loon. Today she was looking at M on a computer in class and some boy said to her "that looks like Lady Gaga". Apparently she turned around and said "exCUSE ME?! Don't even mention her name around me!"

Tonight she sent me an email and her gmail account image is now this:

madonna+rude+finger.jpg

:rotfl:

On my way to Brisbane for Madonna party weekend shenanigans! Yay :tigger:

Have a great time San. I am sure you will :thumbsup:

Same to Ivy and Matt Matt ( know you both are also going ) and all other Aussie members here who are attending. .

OK bitches, we came, we saw, we kicked some ass! Matt and I finally met :inlove: and danced the night away at the Annual Brisbane Madonna Party. And the fabulous Ivy showed up fashionably late and proceeded to beat me with his riding crop :lol:

I had the most amazing weekend, which apart from the party itself, included a fantastic line up of activities for the very special Madonna's Sanctuary FB page members....private screening of In Bed With Madonna, welcome dinners and farewell lunches. It was so amazing!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Australia has some very passionate and beautiful fans who are just so desperate for M to come and show us some love. If this party atmosphere is anything to go by, when she does finally come, it's gonna be one hell of a party! Please hurry M!

1003371_10151599216056239_438309303_n.jp1148924_10151599217556239_39108310_n.jpg1175385_10151599219431239_2069759061_n.j

OK bitches, we came, we saw, we kicked some ass! Matt and I finally met :inlove: and danced the night away at the Annual Brisbane Madonna Party. And the fabulous Ivy showed up fashionably late and proceeded to beat me with his riding crop :lol:

I had the most amazing weekend, which apart from the party itself, included a fantastic line up of activities for the very special Madonna's Sanctuary FB page members....private screening of In Bed With Madonna, welcome dinners and farewell lunches. It was so amazing!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Australia has some very passionate and beautiful fans who are just so desperate for M to come and show us some love. If this party atmosphere is anything to go by, when she does finally come, it's gonna be one hell of a party! Please hurry M!

1003371_10151599216056239_438309303_n.jp1148924_10151599217556239_39108310_n.jpg1175385_10151599219431239_2069759061_n.j

San, Matt Matt and Ivy, - what a magnificent combination of Madonna fans. :inlove::inlove::inlove: