Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

Agreed, the MDNA tour is not the show to bring to Australia after a 20 year absence with no Ray Of Light or Music tracks and a fucked up Hung Up

Agreed! But if Madonna won't come now, she will never come.

PS: I do hope there is something in the pipeline for Oz.

But what if there's nothing plan? :dramatic:

Don't walk away from meeeeeeeeeeee [Don't you Dare] :americanlife:

Walk away from meeeeeeeeeeeeee

I have NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHINGGGGGGG

If I don't have youuuuuuuuuuu

:dramatic:

0.jpg

I'm just thinking back to this time 4 yrs ago! we had NO ides sticky and sweet 2 was gonna happen! as someone mentioned the whole cancelling Oz could be for publicity!

Let's also remember when we heard S&S 2 was happening we expected it to include Australia........and it didn't as usual

I feel like trending #MadonnaHatesAustralia to see if Guy will bite at me on Twitter

Guest bluejean

What Madonna should do for the 2nd leg is announce the dates, put them on sale and THEN cancel the Australian tour 3 weeks before. There's no such thing as bad publicity :lmao:

It was really wrong for her to authorize the statement that the tour was ending in Australia, she should have never allowed it until she was sure she would do it

that´s the really the only bad thing they have done: if they didn´t say anything...

that´s the really the only bad thing they have done: if they didn´t say anything...

the bad thing is promising in 2006, apologising, then Guy takes over promising in 2008, 2009, 2010 and finally in 2011 "it will happen" is tweeted, 2012 and it's announced via Live Nation and Madonna.com and confirmed by Guy, a month ago Guy tells Carta in Berlin it's on and then Live Nation Australia says it's off and M, Guy, Liz go quiet and allow the fans and media to tear M to peices, Guy however continues to post pictures of the happy Euro fans all over Twitter while ignoring Aussie fans for the 5th day in a row.

As an M fan since 1986 and a collector since 1987, I have never felt so let down.

None of you will ever learn.

Enjoy going through all this again next year when the second leg has nothing to do with us.

I'll be in Europe by then eating baguettes and clog dancing in Holland. Lush.

p-folk-dancing1_1465787c.jpg

Enjoy going through all this again next year when the second leg has nothing to do with us.

Well if youre doing that youll have to do Maypole dancing in the UK

MaypoleDancing.jpg

And Riverdancing in Ireland

irishdance1.jpg

Yeah I'll be in Europe if there's a second leg, we know she's never coming back #MadonnaHatesAustralia

Oh I don't think the demand would be there in Europe so soon to justify a second leg that would actually make the money they'd be after. I kinda think she's bored with this tour already tbh and can't bear it to go on into next year. Even at her performing zenith, her usual 4 month stint seemed to bore her towards the end. I'll bet she's itching to use some of that tour money to finance her next mooooovie.

But who knows, maybe there are frantic negotiations going on between all parties behind the scenes and that explains the ominous silence.

Guest bluejean

While this show is far superior and artistically I'm sure she's way more proud of it I do imagine Sticky and Sweet was a more fun show to perform. This show seems more physically and emotionally demanding. And its not really one where she's at one with the audience as much as its very much like theatre.

I rekon there do be a 2nd leg if I say's so me self!

If there were venues booked in Australia, maybe they canceled them so 1) M could have a longer brake 2) Remake the show with some extra oldies to pull more of an audiance... would explain the lack of communication between us and M's camp.

Guest bluejean

I really think it's better to avoid that sort of speculation at all costs. It's been painful enough already.

Guest bluejean

Wouldn't it be funny if we wake up next week and Madonna just decides to cancel the whole US leg out of respect for the victims of the Colorado massacre

To the person (Je5us, I think) moaning about people destroying/burning their Madonna collections over this: there were only a couple of people saying that and one of them was me. I can't speak for anyone else, but OF COURSE I wasn't serious when I said stuff like 'I want to smell bonfires' of Madonna memorabilia being burned. I was being an OTT drama queen but I would never actually do that. The sad reality is that Madonna could announce and cancel five more Australian tours and I would still (begrudgingly) be a fan. The woman has just given me too many sublime pop moments to throw them all away and discount them because she won't tour here.

Having said that it does REALLY piss me off that she keeps treating us in this way (not only the lack of Oz tours but the way she prick teases us with hollow tour announcements). I will always collect her physical music but when it comes to downloading her stuff, I'm not going to bother anymore.

There is also now a new issue - the issue being that it seems Madonna and Guy have decided to sweep the Australian leg under the carpet and pretend it never happened. No word from them AT ALL - only from Live Nation (and even they had the temerity to say the tour will end in South America "as planned".) I am truly shocked that Madonna will not even address her Australian fans now - she's pretending Australia doesn't even exist. At least with the Confessions tour we got an apology on her official website.

On another note, I just want to say how lovely most of the international fans have been to us Aussies on here. It's really nice to see kind, supportive posts from fans around the world expressing empathy and their wishes that she would tour here - thank you. :)

At the end of the day, it is only a tour by a pop star - I know it means nothing in the scheme of the universe - but to us true M fans, it means a lot being able to see her or not.

Also, if *anyone* gets a chance to speak to Guy or anyone 'in the know' at one of the upcoming shows, it would be greatly appreciated if you could ask what happened/is happening with Australia. Part of me (a *very* small part) maintains a forlorn hope that M is going to announce an MDNA Tour part II for Australia/NZ. Stupid, I know. But it would make sense for her to do a slightly different tour here, perhaps more along the lines of a 'greatest hits' tour considering she's only ever been to Australia once and never to New Zealand. I know this is just wishful thinking though - at this stage I'd be *very* surprised if she ever comes here again.