Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

Officially a has-been; nothing she has done in the past 4 years is worthy of her fans' support...

She basically is just doing oldies' tour at this point... what a shame.

You really do post a lot of moronic, queeny nonsense. STFU.

I want Live Nation's address! Someone give it to me dammit! I want to burn my Royal Box, my autographed SEX book, my limited edition/numbered Blonde Ambition tour poster and everything else, and send them the ashes! :angry:

Why bother to dirty your hands?

You can send all of them to me via DHL :horn:

she's always been such a cranky stronzetta

:rotfl:

I hafta say I love this word. I'mma use it whenever I get the opportunity. :D

Madonna: always at the top of her game, always skipping Australia, always enriching our vocabulary. :inlove:

While I get some are angry and frustrated, I agree some of the fan meltdowns are a bit out of control. She has *cancelled* real, announced tour dates where tickets had been sold and everything and I've never seen such reactions in this board.

The whole "let's burn every Madona item" / "her music sucks" / "she's a has been" thing going on with a few members seems kinda extreme to me. I've never been able to see lots of artists I love, I've had tickets for concerts that have been cancelled and while it's been definitely dissapointing, it doesn't really take anything away from what I think of their music or their artistry.

And believe me, I understand. There were plans to include Colombia and Venezuela during The Girlie Show and, even if they were mentioned in the press they never materialized, due to fear of terrorism. And as an 11 years old boy seeing her somewhere else was out of the question. Venezuela was also left out during Sticky and Sweet even if the date was confirmed by the local promoters because in the end Live Nation didn't agree with the venue that was going to be used and they ended up adding an extra date in Argentina on that slot in her schedule. Knowing her touring history I decided to see her in the US first just in case.

It's kinda rude and selfish how some have even suggested she shoud've done Australia before Latin America so if she was going to cancel some dates it would've been those.

Still no word at all about this.. no comment, no statement, just business as usual, raking in the fan dollars

Fuck you bitch... what a fuckin shit cunt

It's so fuckin over

Please don't tell us anymore how "over" with her you are just SHOW US and Get the fuck out of here!

Guest pedrohdi

Please don't tell us anymore how "over" with her you are just SHOW US and Get the fuck out of here!

looool So much drama

While I get some are angry and frustrated, I agree some of the fan meltdowns are a bit out of control. She has *cancelled* real, announced tour dates where tickets had been sold and everything and I've never seen such reactions in this board.

The whole "let's burn every Madona item" / "her music sucks" / "she's a has been" thing going on with a few members seems kinda extreme to me. I've never been able to see lots of artists I love, I've had tickets for concerts that have been cancelled and while it's been definitely dissapointing, it doesn't really take anything away from what I think of their music or their artistry.

And believe me, I understand. There were plans to include Colombia and Venezuela during The Girlie Show and, even if they were mentioned in the press they never materialized, due to fear of terrorism. And as an 11 years old boy seeing her somewhere else was out of the question. Venezuela was also left out during Sticky and Sweet even if the date was confirmed by the local promoters because in the end Live Nation didn't agree with the venue that was going to be used and they ended up adding an extra date in Argentina on that slot in her schedule. Knowing her touring history I decided to see her in the US first just in case.

It's kinda rude and selfish how some have even suggested she shoud've done Australia before Latin America so if she was going to cancel some dates it would've been those.

Voice of Reason!

:thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

No its not. She did those places in the last tour and not Australia. Australia has been skipped 6 times in a row now, imo both Australia and Japan (or perhaps more of Asia) should have been a priority with this tour. Consider yourself lucky to have had her for 3 tours now, she's only been to Australia once (which is an entire isolated continent btw, its not like we can just hot foot it over to another territory to see her without paying thousands of dollars.)

Exactly. This fans are the worst. They truly believe they are so important that how come the bitch doesn't tour there. Why should she put Australia before Latin America? Just because she hasn't tour there for 20 years? C'mon. She hasn't toured China, Africa, Asia and many other places. This people are no better than anyone else and if she is not touring Australia its because she has a reason for that and she won't put anyone before others just because she hasnt perform there for years. That's not a reason to put on a show in the first place.

Guest bluejean

Exactly. This fans are the worst. They truly believe they are so important that how come the bitch doesn't tour there. Why should she put Australia before Latin America? Just because she hasn't tour there for 20 years? C'mon. She hasn't toured China, Africa, Asia and many other places. This people are no better than anyone else and if she is not touring Australia its because she has a reason for that and she won't put anyone before others just because she hasnt perform there for years, that's not a reason to put on a show in the first place.

You'd be singing a different tune if she was skipping your territory I'm sure.

And besides what has fukken Africa got to do with this? Madonna hasn't broken multiple promises to tour Africa and even gone as far as having Live Nation state it in press releases. They continually get people's hopes up with this Australia thing and each time it has been handled even worse than the time before. It's not just the fact it happens but the way it is handled. Its fukken pathetic.

Exactly. This fans are the worst. They truly believe they are so important that how come the bitch doesn't tour there. Why should she put Australia before Latin America? Just because she hasn't tour there for 20 years? C'mon. She hasn't toured China, Africa, Asia and many other places. This people are no better than anyone else and if she is not touring Australia its because she has a reason for that and she won't put anyone before others just because she hasnt perform there for years. That's not a reason to put on a show in the first place.

Agree. Agree. Agree. :thumbsup: I can't wait to see the meltdowns in 2016...

Like someone previously mentioned, after seeing her facial expression that she makes during the Italian interview, I do believe that she must have some resistance against going back to Australia.

You could ask anyone who's an expert in reading facial expressions and they will most likely tell you that as soon as the word Australia is uttered, she has involuntary eyebrow raising, which is a clear sign that there is a strong resistance and a defensive reaction and that she is somehow preparing to say something different from her truth.

For the Confessions Tour she moved everything (stage, equipment, band, dancers, etc) to Japan for only four shows. She could have definitely done a few dates in Australia considering how close she was and considering also that it would have been a lot more profitable.

Having said that, I, too, don't like the fact that nobody cares about those fans who live in countries where she has NEVER performed.

Australia is definitely not more important than those countries.

No its not. She did those places in the last tour and not Australia. Australia has been skipped 6 times in a row now, imo both Australia and Japan (or perhaps more of Asia) should have been a priority with this tour. Consider yourself lucky to have had her for 3 tours now, she's only been to Australia once (which is an entire isolated continent btw, its not like we can just hot foot it over to another territory to see her without paying thousands of dollars.)

I dont want to put more firewood on the bonfire, but if she did not come to Brazil I would have to pay thousands of dollars too. Is not like South America and USA are fence neighbours.

But I don't want to rule out your arguments. She made a mistake for not doing Australia, I agree.

Guest bluejean

Why would she have resistance going back to Australia? Unless she had a really bad experience here the last time but there is no evidence of that.

I think her facial expression is more a reaction of guilt about the whole Australia thing. More than likely she knew at this point in time that Australia may have not been happening, the fact that she said she is shocked she had agreed to so many dates kind of hints that she feels overwhelmed by the length of the tour and that's probably the reason they've pulled the plug on extending into 2013. They're not giving any reason for it because "Madonna can't be fucked" would sound worse than saying nothing at all.

Guest bluejean

Why? When has Madonna ever said those records meant anything to her?

I can picture her slapping together a new album and embarking on a completely new tour 2013/2014. She'll want t get it out of the way so she can spend afew years on a new feature film. Otherwise if she does another movie after this tour it will be 2016 by the time she tours again.

Why? When has Madonna ever said those records meant anything to her?

I can picture her slapping together a new album and embarking on a completely new tour 2013/2014. She'll want t get it out of the way so she can spend afew years on a new feature film. Otherwise if she does another movie after this tour it will be 2016 by the time she tours again.

I think budget of this tour alone almost demands a second leg. In fact I think that's why she extended Dicky.

Guest bluejean

I think budget of this tour alone almost demands a second leg. In fact I think that's why she extended Dicky.

Totally off topic but after watching all the Youtube videos and bootlegs of MDNA I was considering watching the Sticky DVD today, but I thought about the content and I just couldn't bare the thought of watching any of it. It's so shit in comparison. So dull and lacking creativity.

With that reasoning, then I guess she should skip North America all together and go to Australia instead.

Guest bluejean

With that reasoning, then I guess she should skip North America all together and go to Australia instead.

No. I really can't believe people who get multiple Madonna tours in a row have the nerve to come on here and argue about it and call us selfish for wanting to see her ONCE in our lifetime. Maybe step out of this thread since it doesn't concern you anyway.

Totally off topic but after watching all the Youtube videos and bootlegs of MDNA I was considering watching the Sticky DVD today, but I thought about the content and I just couldn't bare the thought of watching any of it. It's so shit in comparison. So dull and lacking creativity.

...but the NY segment with those haring backdrop was amazing!! ^_^

Guest bluejean

...but the NY segment with those haring backdrop was amazing!! ^_^

True. Don't get me wrong, I loved that tour at the time. I love the musical arrangements. It's just that visually it pales in comparison to MDNA, I find it hard to get excited about it atm.

never posted about that situation...but...

...this is the australian thread, they were all excited about the tour and madonna coming after the official and unofficial statements...

probably they had planned things and cast aside money...and suddenly and in the same date of the announcement of another european date....

i repeat, it's the australian thread....they are pissed off....some exaggerating a little bit, but when someone loves someone else the betrayal makes happen strong things... (oh my god, my english!!!).

why don't you let them vent instead of being pissed off about their legitimate pissing off, making them more pissed off than ever doing so???

vande

:newspaper:

never posted about that situation (not on this thread)...but...

...this is the australian thread, they were all excited about the tour and madonna coming after the official and unofficial statements...

probably they had planned things and cast aside money...and suddenly and in the same date of the announcement of another european date....

i repeat, it's the australian thread....they are pissed off....some exaggerating a little bit, but when someone loves someone else the betrayal makes happens strong things... (oh my god, my english!!!).

why don't you let them vent instead of being pissed off (and making the wise men, i'd really want to see u if they scrap your concert, with the nearest miles and miles and miles away...) about their legitimate pissing off, making them more pissed off than ever soing so???

vande

:newspaper: