MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

oh my... this is one of her most beautiful look. wonderful shot

The styling was a bit 2 Britney Spears for my taste. The early 00's were so shit pop culture wise. Not Madonna of course...just saying :fag:

I guess so. But then Madonna has never once done a 're-release.' Thank God because that is the biggest con getting fans to buy the same album again. At least in this case you can choose to just buy the one version with all the songs on it.

That's not entirely true, though. It could be argued that the special "Gold" versions of TIC and "Erotica" were "re-releases", since it was essentially the same product but in different packaging. Wasn't a special "tour edition" of "Music" featuring bonus tracks (remixes) released in Australia in 2001? That would count as a "re-release", as would the special DCFMA version of "Evita" (the single album with the DCFMA CD single included as a second disc - Australian-only release). It could also be argued that the remasters of M, LAV and TB are "re-releases", since they feature new tracks. Admittedly, though, none of these are anywhere near matching the types of re-releases that many artists put out these days. The only one that would really count would be the European re-issue of LAV, featuring "Into The Groove". That definitely counts as a re-release.

My Facebook is littered with aging queens saying Madonna should "give up." Some of her biggest fans here HATE GGW.

I've realised I truly do NOT care how it does in the charts or what other fans or non fans think about it. I am just so thrilled for this era, to HEAR the music, SEE the videos and the performances for myself. No amount of floppage can ruin it for me.

I really want Madonna's music to be successful, since success = a greater audience, and I truly believe that she deserves to be heard. I'm with you, though - I'm LOVING this era!

I have four tracks in an MDNA playlist (Masterpiece, GAYL, GGW and the Justin Cognito mix of GGW) and I can't get enough of it! Musically, Madonna has never disappointed me and it's the same this time around. I don't know how she does it, but she does, every single time. I'm considered a stan for this, but I can't help what I like.

Bluejean, the "aging queens" comment is interesting. I'm now older than my parents were when I first got into Madonna at the age of 11 (they turned 40 during the WTG era). I still love pop music (as do most people here), but my parents definitely didn't like contemporary pop when they were my age. They were still listening to Elvis and The Beatles. A lot of us are in our 30s, and there probably weren't many 30 year olds who were really into Madonna back in the 80s (is anyone on here in their mid to late 50s?). People Madonna's age don't tend to listen to the type of music she produces. People in their 40s and 30s don't tend to listen to this type of music, either. Pop/dance is made for teenagers and younger adults. Maybe those who are complaining that Madonna should "give up and retire" have reached a point where pop/dance just doesn't do it for them any more? Certainly, many of the comments about how Madonna should be writing/producing more "sophisticated" music would suggest that this is the case.

Incidentally, some of my students didn't think much of "Masterpiece" ("it sounds like something my mum would listen to"), loved GAYL and love GGW even more. My nephews love pop music (as most kids under 8 do) and they love GAYL.

The styling was a bit 2 Britney Spears for my taste. The early 00's were so shit pop culture wise. Not Madonna of course...just saying :fag:

thank god, I thought I was the only fan hating the silly "music" look especially the cover. its not that far off from this:

k3-cowboy.jpg

Now the don't tell me video.. that's a whole other thing. that worked great imo

My Facebook is littered with aging queens saying Madonna should "give up." Some of her biggest fans here HATE GGW.

Im a big fan and I also hate GGW :p Its not a bad song per se but it just doesnt scream "madonna" to me. its so impersonal and cheap.

but there's a big difference between hating a song and wishing she'd do better or keep hoping for the other songs on MDNA to be really good and different than what we heard so far, and simply hating on the song because they're bitter and over M (yet still feel the need to whine about her 24/7) ;) I got the idea there are many "former" M fans who just can't let go of her so they decide to shout their negative opinions down to everyone's throats.

Incidentally, some of my students didn't think much of "Masterpiece" ("it sounds like something my mum would listen to"), loved GAYL and love GGW even more. My nephews love pop music (as most kids under 8 do) and they love GAYL.

I am saying this in the least cunty way possible I am just curious but...

how or why do you play Madonna songs in the classroom? Do you run in Ipod in hand and go HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT! NEW MADONNA LEAK! I mean... how does it fit GEOGRAPHY?

Again no offense, just curious.

I am saying this in the least cunty way possible I am just curious but...

how or why do you play Madonna songs in the classroom? Do you run in Ipod in hand and go HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT! NEW MADONNA LEAK! I mean... how does it fit GEOGRAPHY?

LOL! :rotfl:

Guest groovyguy

From The Demolition Crew Twitter

The Demolition Crew produced "Gang Bang", Co-produced "I'm Addicted" & "Best Friend" with the Benassi Bro's

From The Demolition Crew Twitter

The Demolition Crew produced "Gang Bang", Co-produced "I'm Addicted" & "Best Friend" with the Benassi Bro's

from the descriptions gang bang is the one i'm really looking forward to listen to

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/03/mdna-multiple-versions-new-tracklisting-and-reviews/

MDNA – Six Versions, New Tracklisting

UPDATE

As it’s often the case, Japan gets an exclusive track for of the upcoming Madonna album.

The tracklisting of the Japanese version of MDNA will be the same as the Deluxe Edition (Explicit) and will include “Girl Gone Wild (Justin Cognito Remix – Radio Edit)” as an extra track.

Here’s the final tracklisting of MDNA…

Girl Gone Wild

Gang Bang (*)

I’m Addicted

Turn up the Radio

Give me all your Luvin’ (ft. M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj)

Some Girls

Superstar

I Don’t Give A (ft. Nicki Minaj)

I’m a Sinner

Love Spent

Masterpiece

Falling Free

– Deluxe Edition tracks

Beautiful Killer

I F****d Up (**)

B-Day Song (ft. M.I.A.)

Best Friend

Give me all your Luvin’ (LMFAO Remix – ft. Nicki Minaj and LMFAO)

Give me all your Luvin’ (Laidback Luke Remix) (***)

Love Spent (Acoustic Version) (****)

Girl Gone Wild (Justin Cognito Remix – Radio Edit) (*****)

(*) NOT included on the Standard Edition (Edited) and Deluxe Edition (Edited)

(**) ONLY included on the Deluxe Edition (Explicit) and Super Bowl Deluxe Edition (Explicit)

(***) ONLY included on the Deluxe Edition (Edited)

(****) ONLY included on the Super Bowl Deluxe Edition (Explicit)

(*****) ONLY included on the Japanese Deluxe Edition (Explicit)

Guest bluejean

Bluejean, the "aging queens" comment is interesting. I'm now older than my parents were when I first got into Madonna at the age of 11 (they turned 40 during the WTG era). I still love pop music (as do most people here), but my parents definitely didn't like contemporary pop when they were my age. They were still listening to Elvis and The Beatles. A lot of us are in our 30s, and there probably weren't many 30 year olds who were really into Madonna back in the 80s (is anyone on here in their mid to late 50s?). People Madonna's age don't tend to listen to the type of music she produces. People in their 40s and 30s don't tend to listen to this type of music, either. Pop/dance is made for teenagers and younger adults. Maybe those who are complaining that Madonna should "give up and retire" have reached a point where pop/dance just doesn't do it for them any more? Certainly, many of the comments about how Madonna should be writing/producing more "sophisticated" music would suggest that this is the case.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound ageist there. The "aging queens" on Facebook are people who have never liked Madonna to begin with, not fans who have lost interest. I've noticed alot of young gays think she's cool. They seem to appreciate her legacy. (All generally speaking of course.)

I'm in my 40's and I like pop. I think most people in their 40's grew up listening to pop music, artists like Duran Duran, Culture Club, Cyndi Lauper, Human League etc. not just slow ballads by Barbara Streisand or whoever. So most people in their 40's do live pop/dance although maybe not the harder techno clubby type of music. I think Madonna does a good job of keeping her album versions pop and not too heavy on the beats so I don't see why people in their 40's would be turned off.

Guest bluejean

That's not entirely true, though. It could be argued that the special "Gold" versions of TIC and "Erotica" were "re-releases", since it was essentially the same product but in different packaging. Wasn't a special "tour edition" of "Music" featuring bonus tracks (remixes) released in Australia in 2001? That would count as a "re-release", as would the special DCFMA version of "Evita" (the single album with the DCFMA CD single included as a second disc - Australian-only release). It could also be argued that the remasters of M, LAV and TB are "re-releases", since they feature new tracks. Admittedly, though, none of these are anywhere near matching the types of re-releases that many artists put out these days. The only one that would really count would be the European re-issue of LAV, featuring "Into The Groove". That definitely counts as a re-release.

Okay well I meant re-release in a Rihanna/Katy Perry sort of way where you tack on new songs and keep releasing singles endlessly to give the album a reboost. Tour Editions or bonus remixes is not really the same.

And now that you mention that 'Music' rerelease, what a NERVE they had releasing a tour edition of 'Music' in Australia when the tour didn't even come here.

I'm in my 40's and I like pop. I think most people in their 40's grew up listening to pop music, artists like Duran Duran, Culture Club, Cyndi Lauper, Human League etc. not just slow ballads by Barbara Streisand or whoever. So most people in their 40's do live pop/dance although maybe not the harder techno clubby type of music. I think Madonna does a good job of keeping her album versions pop and not too heavy on the beats so I don't see why people in their 40's would be turned off.

Same here. I grew up listening to 80's pop. Madonna was my most favorite. But I loved all the other girls as well that were competing with her in the pop world. And I do like a lot of the current pop out there today. I don't twist it into this ageist thing nor do I try to categorize what age group should like what. Unfortunately, much of the world does. I was in my mid 20's and that silly HANSON song "Mmmbop" was huge. I quite liked it. I didn't like it because I thought it was groundbreaking or insightful. I liked it because it was just a fun and frivolous nonsense song. It took me back to a lot of the 80's pop songs that were just all about fun. Then again, I am a huge music buff. There is very little I dislike. Though, sorry I never been a fan of MS. STREISAND.

Guest bluejean

I think Madonna does a good job of keeping her album versions pop and not too heavy on the beats so I don't see why people in their 40's would be turned off.

I think alot of older fans just don't like GGW because it sounds too "generic" to them. They want Madonna to team up with more cutting edge producers and be ahead of the game like she was on Ray of Light, Music and even Confessions.

I sense alot of Madonna fans (particularly longterm fans) want more than a Britney/Rihanna/Katy Perry sounding record and I can appreciate that. I personally just take it as it comes and enjoy it for what it is and try not to have too many expectations. I love Britney and Rihanna's music so I don't have a problem if Madonna's album has traces of those. It will always be better than those artists because it is coming from someone who is creatively involved in her work and who has a personality.

I think alot of older fans just don't like GGW because it sounds too "generic" to them. They want Madonna to team up with more cutting edge producers and be ahead of the game like she was on Ray of Light, Music and even Confessions.

I sense alot of Madonna fans (particularly longterm fans) want more than a Britney/Rihanna/Katy Perry sounding record and I can appreciate that. I personally just take it as it comes and enjoy it for what it is and try not to have too many expectations. I love Britney and Rihanna's music so I don't have a problem if Madonna's album has traces of those. It will always be better than those artists because it is coming from someone who is creatively involved in her work and who has a personality.

I can only speak for myself but I don't care about Madonna being CUTTING EDGE or RAW. I do want her to be personal in her lyrics but she always is to some extent so she's got that covered. When we get to fun pop songs what I don't understand is that someone in her position can have the CREAM of the crop of songs out there. I mean Rihanna and Britney's teams always get them the best stuff so I don't understand why Madonna has to settle for a song that would barely make it as an album tracks on their albums when she could get an absolute BARN STORMER if she's shopping for demos.

Well, the truth of the matter is that she has to somehow follow those trends if not find a way to rejuvenate them if she wants to remain somewhere among the top 40. Unfortunately, a lot of people have these ideas what 50 year old singers should sound like and sing songs about. Madonna refuses to follow what is socially acceptable in society.

Well, the truth of the matter is that she has to somehow follow those trends if not find a way to rejuvenate them if she wants to remain somewhere among the top 40. Unfortunately, a lot of people have these ideas what 50 year old singers should sound like and sing songs about. Madonna refuses to follow what is socially acceptable in society.

:|

I don't think that's completely the reason. She was above her 40's when she release "Music." And that song is basically just a party song. However, it was a breath of fresh air, innovative and creative. IT's what people have come to expect from Madonna. 4 Minutes wasn't very innovative, but it was distinctly Timbaland, and also had an anthemic sound. GGW and GMAYL have neither of those qualities. Adding on the fact that she's 53, a lot of people just aren't digging these songs, sadly.

I don't think that's completely the reason. She was above her 40's when she release "Music." And that song is basically just a party song. However, it was a breath of fresh air, innovative and creative. IT's what people have come to expect from Madonna. 4 Minutes wasn't very innovative, but it was distinctly Timbaland, and also had an anthemic sound. GGW and GMAYL have neither of those qualities. Adding on the fact that she's 53, a lot of people just aren't digging these songs, sadly.

This. And sorry, I was listening to Broken today and it's way better than GGW. And it's a MADONNA SONG, not a Benassi song with Madonna on it. And I think the song is ok so don't start with the hate shit.