MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

I wonder if she'll appear on the cover of any of those mentioned Brit mags especially Q! Strange really cos' she not graced any major covers yet and the albums out in like 3 weeks! Q only gave HC 3 stars and a mixed review and i recall Mojo giving AL non-impressive review n' all, still its always interesting to read.

I wonder if she'll appear on the cover of any of those mentioned Brit mags especially Q! Strange really cos' she not graced any major covers yet and the albums out in like 3 weeks! Q only gave HC 3 stars and a mixed review and i recall Mojo giving AL non-impressive review n' all, still its always interesting to read.

But unlike the US mags, it seems the British reviews are usually lengthy and actually discuss the music in depth? I know, I hope we get a great cover.

I'm not fond of having multiple editions of an album but it's the norm now. And since she's with Interscope who cares, it's something that's to be expected of her from now on.

i think we'll have to wait for the april issues

cuz those will be out around the time mdna is released

was this her last q cover?

q_1106.jpg

There was a hot one for AL and a great ROL, but what about Music?

f0x4y9s3v2bq0f42.jpg

I don't recall one for MUSIC, but I'm thinking this one is her first appearances on the Magazine from BEDTIME STORIES era. But I might be wrong. I think in 2006, she appeared on it twice that year as they used a classic image from TRUE BLUE era for the 80's Issue:

f0xeey27qzrqq7re.jpg

f0x4y9s3v2bq0f42.jpg

I don't recall one for MUSIC, but I'm thinking this one is her first appearances on the Magazine from BEDTIME STORIES era. But I might be wrong. I think in 2006, she appeared on it twice that year as they used a classic image from TRUE BLUE era for the 80's Issue:

f0xeey27qzrqq7re.jpg

Great scans, thanks! Q and Uncut are the only mags I get hard for. Have been over RS for years, and Spin recently.

Great scans, thanks! Q and Uncut are the only mags I get hard for. Have been over RS for years, and Spin recently.

Well, Q gets into the music, rather her personal life. That's what I like as it's rare to get much info about the productions of her albums.

Well, Q gets into the music, rather her personal life. That's what I like as it's rare to get much info about the productions of her albums.

I loved their reviews of ROL, Music, and AL. They always get a little humor in there, too!

MUSIC did not get a cover but a full review with loads of pics and stuff, it was cool. They gave it 4/5 at the time. The 1994 Bedtime Stories pic was her first Q cover yes.

Guest bluejean

Damn I wish I had of preordered but I wanted a physical copy only. I never expected the bonus track to be an ACOUSTIC version :shock:

I hope more acoustic versions of album tracks or even different songs surface at some point during the era officially since I doubt we'll be getting unreleased leaks from fans after the arrest...

Guest bluejean

I hope more acoustic versions of album tracks or even different songs surface at some point during the era officially since I doubt we'll be getting unreleased leaks from fans after the arrest...

Something tells me the leaks are partly what prompted all these bonus tracks.

Something tells me the leaks are partly what prompted all these bonus tracks.

What do you mean? Like they fear that they might get leaked so they want to work into making more money somehow?

I don't think so. I think this album was naturally going to have a bunch more songs than normal. Ever since William Orbit said there were going to be lots of surprises coming, I knew it'd be a departure from her past.

Guest bluejean

What do you mean? Like they fear that they might get leaked so they want to work into making more money somehow?

I don't think so. I think this album was naturally going to have a bunch more songs than normal. Ever since William Orbit said there were going to be lots of surprises coming, I knew it'd be a departure from her past.

Well in her entire career she has barely put out any bsides or unreleased tracks and now suddenly we are getting a whole bunch of them. Seems like abit of a coincidence. And they knew about those leaks long before Orbit mentioned "surprises." Unless Warner had a hand in culling the albums down to 10-12 tracks and now suddenly she is free to have as many songs on an album as she wants.

I'd say more Guy's doing than Madonna's, but I think they just want to give the fans everything worth having rather than have it leak out in unfinished or sub par quality. I personally don't agree with the concept, I think quality over quantity. But it is true that times have changed. I find the swapping around of tracks at the last minute a little disconcerting. But I guess once we hear the album we will have better insight on that situation.

Guest bluejean

The bonus tracks are just a result of being in the era of Itunes. All albums have special or deluxe editions now.

I guess so. But then Madonna has never once done a 're-release.' Thank God because that is the biggest con getting fans to buy the same album again. At least in this case you can choose to just buy the one version with all the songs on it.

Guest bluejean

My Facebook is littered with aging queens saying Madonna should "give up." Some of her biggest fans here HATE GGW.

I've realised I truly do NOT care how it does in the charts or what other fans or non fans think about it. I am just so thrilled for this era, to HEAR the music, SEE the videos and the performances for myself. No amount of floppage can ruin it for me.

MUSIC did not get a cover but a full review with loads of pics and stuff, it was cool. They gave it 4/5 at the time. The 1994 Bedtime Stories pic was her first Q cover yes.

I loved how they got an interview out of her for Bedtime Stories and in the same issue reviewed the album and gave it 2/5!

:lol:

MUSIC had this though...

2000-madonna-face.jpg

I really think she should do another NME interview. The STR & ROL ones were great!

oh my... this is one of her most beautiful look. wonderful shot

MUSIC had this though...

2000-madonna-face.jpg

I really think she should do another NME interview. The STR & ROL ones were great!

oh my... this is one of her most beautiful look. wonderful shot