MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

I realize "bonus tracks" have become the norm anymore, but to me, I think it can really confuse the consumer especially if they aren't hard core fans like most of us here who know of all the versions available. Seriously, anyone planning to buy a Madonna album should know that she's probably going to say something offensive on her albums. That's one of the many reasons we enjoy her. She doesn't usually hold back. Also, how often do "bonus tracks" become singles or performed on tour? Sounds to me there are a couple of stand out tracks on the Deluxe versions that as an artist, I'd think I want heard on every available version.

I'm not complaining at all for having the bonus tracks, but from an Artist's perspective, I can see it being a bit frustrating that one of the main tracks ..."Gang Bang"... on the regular edition will be eliminated, while some stand outs will only be available on the DELUXE VERSION. General consumers who are interested, yet aren't hardcore fans may not pay attention to the copy they really pick up. Come concert time (if performed), they'll be hearing songs they never heard before.

Anyway, I'm lovin' all the reviews and the positive vibes surrounding the album. Sounds like it's going to be a "killer" of an album.

I realize "bonus tracks" have become the norm anymore, but to me, I think it can really confuse the consumer especially if they aren't hard core fans like most of us here who know of all the versions available. Seriously, anyone planning to buy a Madonna album should know that she's probably going to say something offensive on her albums. That's one of the many reasons we enjoy her. She doesn't usually hold back. Also, how often do "bonus tracks" become singles or performed on tour? Sounds to me there are a couple of stand out tracks on the Deluxe versions that as an artist, I'd think I want heard on every available version.

I'm not complaining at all for having the bonus tracks, but from an Artist's perspective, I can see it being a bit frustrating that one of the main tracks ..."Gang Bang"... on the regular edition will be eliminated, while some stand outs will only be available on the DELUXE VERSION. General consumers who are interested, yet aren't hardcore fans may not pay attention to the copy they really pick up. Come concert time (if performed), they'll be hearing songs they never heard before.

Anyway, I'm lovin' all the reviews and the positive vibes surrounding the album. Sounds like it's going to be a "killer" of an album.

They can seek out the deluxe version later or just download the select songs they don't have. I'm not a fan of Madonna with bonus tracks either -- just go ahead and make an album that's longer than usual but this is the new business model for physical album releases.

They can seek out the deluxe version later or just download the select songs they don't have. I'm not a fan of Madonna with bonus tracks either -- just go ahead and make an album that's longer than usual but this is the new business model for physical album releases.

Yes, they can buy the other version. But I try to think of it from a casual fan perspective or if not a new fan or someone who isn't sure if they want to buy the album. I know that has been the case with me with other artists I don't know much about. Then six months later or a year later, I hear this awesome song from this artist that ended up being a bonus track. And personally, I rather not spend another $15 buck on another album especially if it's going to include one or two new tracks. Granted, this one is a little more, but I can see how it can put people off, when I think it all should be part of ONE standard album. After all, we've all bought albums where certain tracks we could go without, but it's different for everyone. Some songs that I think should be left off, could be another fan's fav. Just slap a "explicit" sticker on the album and be done with it. Don't let consumer get confused at what they want to buy. And honestly, I loathe "edited" albums, especially for explicit lyrical content. Not that I'm a fan of people swearing every other word in a song, but that's one of the reasons I hate listening to radio. Who are they fooling when they play the edited versions? Most of the time, you know what they edited out. It just takes away from the originality of the song.

Based on what's been written about the album, I believe I will love the bonus tracks Beautiful Killer and I Fucked Up. And I will then HATE the fact that they are not part of the standard album knowing that many people will miss out on them.

Yes, they can buy the other version. But I try to think of it from a casual fan perspective or if not a new fan or someone who isn't sure if they want to buy the album. I know that has been the case with me with other artists I don't know much about. Then six months later or a year later, I hear this awesome song from this artist that ended up being a bonus track. And personally, I rather not spend another $15 buck on another album especially if it's going to include one or two new tracks. Granted, this one is a little more, but I can see how it can put people off, when I think it all should be part of ONE standard album. After all, we've all bought albums where certain tracks we could go without, but it's different for everyone. Some songs that I think should be left off, could be another fan's fav. Just slap a "explicit" sticker on the album and be done with it. Don't let consumer get confused at what they want to buy. And honestly, I loathe "edited" albums, especially for explicit lyrical content. Not that I'm a fan of people swearing every other word in a song, but that's one of the reasons I hate listening to radio. Who are they fooling when they play the edited versions? Most of the time, you know what they edited out. It just takes away from the originality of the song.

The casual buyer will have the choice if they decide to put up the release in its first week. When stores dedicate space for both versions with the different price points. The consumer picks up the expensive on with additional musical content and decide for themselves is it worth it.

The casual buyer will have the choice if they decide to put up the release in its first week. When stores dedicate space for both versions with the different price points. The consumer picks up the expensive on with additional musical content and decide for themselves is it worth it.

That's not the always the case though. Putting aside your possible opposition of certain retail outlets that are selling the physical copy, there are some stores that will only sell the clean version, such as Wal-Mart. Whether you like the store or not, it is one of the biggest chain of stores that Americans frequent. Most casual fans who buy the physical copy, may not realize there is an additional version or explicit version. Of course, some just prefer the clean version. Anyway, I just think from an artistic view, I rather just present my material all together or not at all. Honestly, who really expects that Madonna is going to release something that isn't going to offend some people? Most people who are aware of her music, know she's an artist that isn't necessarily PG rated.

:thumbsup: How many versions will you be buying?

Standard Edition (Explicit) – Digital & Physical – 12 tracks

Standard Edition (Edited) – Digital & Physical – 11 tracks

Deluxe Edition (Explicit) – Digital & Physical – 17 tracks

Deluxe Edition (Edited) – Physical only – 16 tracks

Super Bowl Deluxe Edition (Explicit) – Digital only – 18 tracks

Eek, now I will probably want to buy 4 versions. And the singles. Popcorn diet again this month... yep.

btm48.jpg

That's not the always the case though. Putting aside your possible opposition of certain retail outlets that are selling the physical copy, there are some stores that will only sell the clean version, such as Wal-Mart. Whether you like the store or not, it is one of the biggest chain of stores that Americans frequent. Most casual fans who buy the physical copy, may not realize there is an additional version or explicit version. Of course, some just prefer the clean version. Anyway, I just think from an artistic view, I rather just present my material all together or not at all. Honestly, who really expects that Madonna is going to release something that isn't going to offend some people? Most people who are aware of her music, know she's an artist that isn't necessarily PG rated.

This is just my opinion, but I agree it's unfortuneate that some people will buy the clean version not knowing there is an explicit version with a whole other (potentially amazing) song on it. I mean, look at the titles on this album... "Girl Gone Wild" "I Fucked Up" "I Don't Give A" "Beautiful Killer" "I'm A Sinner" "I'm Addicted"... if you're going to be offended by "Gang Bang" you're likely to be offended by some of the others (sex/drinking/partying, even the album title makes reference to a drug), bleeped or not. It's obviously not an album for small children, the strictly religious etc. ... oh well, what can you do.

Any causal fan of Madonna's would be dumb to buy her shit at Wal-Mart the store/instead of Wal-Mart online which has the uncensored version. What confuses me about Wal-Mart is that they'll sell R-Rated movies but not PA music.

Any causal fan of Madonna's would be dumb to buy her shit at Wal-Mart the store/instead of Wal-Mart online which has the uncensored version. What confuses me about Wal-Mart is that they'll sell R-Rated movies but not PA music.

Your personal views of Wal-mart doesn't change the fact people do buy their music there.

Are-You-Trying-To-Make-Pigs-Fly.jpg

With all due respect... you are absent for how long and then this is the first post you reply to? Why contribute to something that is purposefully derailing the topic as well as attacking a member who is simply using the community respectably for it's purposes? I believe even at one time I've contributed some money to help keep this Nation running. I get it. You don't like me. I've said some shit in the past some of you didn't like. But why not take a page from your own community rules and just ignore me? If this warrants a banning, then I guess so be it. But the fact is, I'm here to talk Madonna... not engage in petty disputes about... how long my replies are.

Guest Xanthium

Kelly Ripa ‏ @KellyRipa

Thank you MADONNA! #MDNA

I wonder if she got an advance copy of the album

I love how Kelly Ripa is a nutbag when it comes to Madonna. She is a PROPER LOON.

All this new info is making me excited! I can't wait! I'm looking foward to Gang Bang it sounds like it'll be fantastic.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

I love how Kelly Ripa is a nutbag when it comes to Madonna. She is a PROPER LOON.

:lol: i know! i usually find her extremely annoying, but anytime madonna is active she starts going into full on loon mode and i love her, albeit briefly.

anyway, those reviews posted are killing me. three weeks is way too long! i'm probably going to try and put myself into a coma once the reviews become more frequent. i'm glad that people seem to be genuinely enjoying the album. right now, i'm dying to hear 'gang bang' and 'beautiful killer' the most...i've been curious about 'gang bang' since it was 'bang bang'. i loved the supposed lyrics to BB and i hope we get that demo some day. i was really worried about how it would translate to critics...so i'm happy they seem to be loving it.

i've already said 'beautiful killer' sounded cheesetastic to me when the details of the song first leaked, but since it's been mentioned by all who have heard it as a standout, i'm really anxious to hear it now.

then again, i'm dying to hear the whole album. haha....even 'bday song'. fuck ya'll haters! i'm just glad it still got to be on the album. the more madonna the better!

then again, i'm dying to hear the whole album. haha....even 'bday song'. fuck ya'll haters! i'm just glad it still got to be on the album. the more madonna the better!

:clap: Here, here! The more Madonna, the better.

With all due respect... you are absent for how long and then this is the first post you reply to? Why contribute to something that is purposefully derailing the topic as well as attacking a member who is simply using the community respectably for it's purposes? I believe even at one time I've contributed some money to help keep this Nation running. I get it. You don't like me. I've said some shit in the past some of you didn't like. But why not take a page from your own community rules and just ignore me? If this warrants a banning, then I guess so be it. But the fact is, I'm here to talk Madonna... not engage in petty disputes about... how long my replies are.

Actually babe, I've had you on ignore for over a year now. It's by sheer coincidence that I thought it would be amusing to see what you actually had to say in response to the picture. And lo and behold, you fell for the hook just as predicted.

So reductive.

Pure excitment, cannot wait til the 26th!! My manager at work (Asda) said i can have all the Madonna promo displays after they finish promoting the CD instore, yaaaay!!

Really confused about Masterpiece, is this the 2nd or 3rd single in the UK? Is it going to be a single or just a radio track?

Actually babe, I've had you on ignore for over a year now. It's by sheer coincidence that I thought it would be amusing to see what you actually had to say in response to the picture. And lo and behold, you fell for the hook just as predicted.

So reductive.

Sometimes I think a bunch of people have me on ignore lmao. I used to bring threads to a screeching halt, I would post or ask questions and never get a response LOL. But since I was never mean to anyone, I decided it could not be the case.

Aww I'm sorry to hear that Shane, if it means anything to you..i'll look out for your posts and try to answer any questions u may have :)x

lol bless, probably cos' you don't/won't get into heated disputes over petty things with other members and therefore unnoticed?

Sometimes I think a bunch of people have me on ignore lmao. I used to bring threads to a screeching halt, I would post or ask questions and never get a response LOL. But since I was never mean to anyone, I decided it could not be the case.

awww not on ignore here

Looking forward to the reviews in the British mags, which are always interesting: Q, Mojo, NME, and Uncut. Not sure what is left in US besides Spin and RS. I used to love Blender's reviews. They loved HC.