MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

Guest groovyguy

Sergio Kletnoy ‏ @SergioKletnoy

The flow of the album was like a huge rollercoaster, it went up it went down it made u want to get off & then right b4 it sucked u back in

I'm sure being a HUGE Madonna fan makes me completely bias, I listened to the album twice, first time it was good, second it was great...

First things first: #MDNA is exactly what you think it is, a massive-boombastic-in-your-face-electric-don't-give-a-fuck-full-of-energy album

Madonna sounds amazing! Gang Bang has so much attitude, it feels like an explosion, an atomic bomb, a massive fight between good and evil...

Lola makes a guest appearance on Superstar, it's adorable, fun, with an amazing hook and I wanted to play it over and over and over again

Falling Free is an ode to 60's, reminded me of Mer Girl, ambient, pretty, hypnotic and trippy.

Throughout the entire album I just couldn't help but think that this is the most commercial Madonna album, full of hooks, energy and love.

Beautiful Killer is my fave song, it's bad-ass, kick-ass & so fucking cool. No wonder it's a tribute to Alain Delon AKA France's James Dean

Only Madonna can make lyrics like I Fucked Up sound beautiful and melancholy and yet so full of energy and life.

#MDNA is Madonna's fuck-you to everyone who says she's past her prime, an emotional rollercoaster that takes u 2 the club & back 2 reality.

#MDNA is not revolutionary, it's not new but it's now, it's current w/classic Madonna hooks, great & cheesy lyrics & it made me want 2 dance

Madonna sounds like she's having a blast, it has something for everyone, I think that every Madonna fan is going to have a diff fave song

Love Spent is a beautiful mid-tempo pop record... It's Miles Away meets Nothing Fails meets Love Profussion, it was pretty & warm..

I'm sure being a HUGE Madonna fan makes me completely bias, I listened to the album twice, first time it was good, second it was great...

The flow of the album was like a huge rollercoaster, it went up it went down it made u want to get off & then right b4 it sucked u back in

EMEFNJIEFIUJERUIEIU3EBNFDIE43.......................2m2wdit.jpg

Guest Not4Pussies

this is from the boyculture guy who was also part of the listening party

Matthew Rettenmund ‏ @mattrett

MDNA listening party...beyond. Album is part nasty club vibe but part classic Madonna vocals. Write my Orbituary--it's a beautiful killer.

they both agree GMAYL sticks out like a sore thumb

Guest groovyguy

they both agree GMAYL sticks out like a sore thumb

I don't see that on his twitter.

Blogging my thoughts on MDNA (not full review because I liked talking w/Liz, Nadia, Denis & @SergioKletnoy way 2 much) boyculture.com

Guest Not4Pussies

I don't see that on his twitter.

Blogging my thoughts on MDNA (not full review because I liked talking w/Liz, Nadia, Denis & @SergioKletnoy way 2 much) boyculture.com

it's on Sergio's twitter

Guest Not4Pussies

Honestly, Give Me All Your Luvin is the only song on the album that sticks out like a sore thumb and @mattrett completely agrees...

Love seeing this love from all of them! Rettenmund's book remains a favorite of mine. I am thinking back to each album release and the memories attached to each. So excited to make new memories to MDNA! I feel like I am going to laugh, cry, dance, make out, and live to this album and possibly want to mow someone down as well lmao.

Guest groovyguy

The album is pop music at it's best... It has something for everyone, it's classic Madonna, it's current and it's fun... @TANG777

I honestly did not mind vocals on GGW, but compared to the rest of the album they did sound a bit flat... She sounds so alive @paulsnyder90

For me the album was a 9 out of 10, I could totally lose 1 or 2 songs... @AngryJorge

If anyone is going to L.U.V. this album, it's going to be @MuuMuse!!! I cannot wait for your review... #MDNA

Honestly, and this is just my opinion, Bday Song was just ok... It did not move me like most of the songs on the album... @Lil_Blues

@MadonnaArmy13 I can definitely find out and let you know...

@philxtweets I think most Madonna fans are going to L.U.V it!

The album is so much fun, it's a 9 out of 10, if we could lose 1 or 2 songs, it would be a 10... @DPGagne

Most of the songs would fit perfectly on the radio, by the way they sound, energy, fun and amazing hooks... @XtinaTheQueen1

@HassanSBoone I loved it, deluxe version with the bonus songs is so much better, my 2 fave songs were on the the deluxe...

@MikeKillmon @mattrett Something like that LOL... We were exchanging our Madonna stories while trying hard to pay attention...

@NickiDaily It honestly went by so quickly that the only part I remember is Nicki saying Madonna is The Queen...

I honestly wish I could have listened to the album all night, it was so damn good, some songs are much better than others...

The real writer/critic @mattrett will surely write a much better review, he took notes unlike me who is typing out my thoughts from my head

Best part of the night, Madonna's publicist dancing to Gang Bang, the joy in her eyes and face was infectious, it was clearly her fave song

Honestly, Give Me All Your Luvin is the only song on the album that sticks out like a sore thumb and @mattrett completely agrees...

Let's get 1 thing straight, Madonna sounds great, but u r not buying this album 4 vocals, she is having a blast & u can feel it all over

Guest groovyguy

Gabo L-U-V ‏ @Galuvin

@SergioKletnoy what can you tell us about I'm a sinner?

@Galuvin I only remember loving it, it was mid tempo but I did not write down my thoughts... I was just trying to listen...

@YaniMonster If there is a song to GaGa it wasn't obvious... I doubt M would ever say anything bad about her in the music...

Fábio Dutra ‏ @FabioDutra

@SergioKletnoy PLEASE, tell us about I'm a Sinner? Please :)

@FabioDutra I remember loving it, but honestly don't remember the details because foolishly I did not write my thoughts down...

Dieego. ‏ @dieegopelao

@SergioKletnoy What about B-Day Song? How is it?

@dieegopelao Honestly, it did not stand out, it was a bit cheesy and if I had it my way, it would be off the album... But it could grow...

@____jiggajew U will go nuts when u hear it... Gang Bang, Love Spent, Beautiful Killer, I Fucked Up, Superstar, I'm a Sinner is MAJOR!

Guest groovyguy

Dieego. ‏ @dieegopelao

@SergioKletnoy what do u think bout B-Day song?

Sergio Kletnoy Sergio Kletnoy ‏ @SergioKletnoy

@dieegopelao Didn't love it... It did not stand out to me, the lyrics were a bit childish and if I had it my way it would be the first to go

Guest groovyguy

@fillydasilva If you are a Madonna fan you will LOVE it! It is pretty fucking kick ass!

@milagresgabriel It was a major fuck u to everyone who talks shit, It was fun, uptempo, full of energy and Nicki saying Madonna is the Queen

Guest groovyguy

5m Jorge Ayala Jorge Ayala ‏ @AngryJorge

@SergioKletnoy Your 3 favorite tracks? #MDNA

@AngryJorge 1. Beautiful Killer... 2. Love Spent... 3. I Fucked Up

9m Thiago Bradshaw Thiago Bradshaw ‏ @Thi_Bradshaw

@SergioKletnoy what can u say about 'beautiful killer'?

@Thi_Bradshaw Hands down, my fave song on the album, it had so much energy, so much swagger, coolness and attitude... 10 stars!

Guest groovyguy

Jaime Ciccone ‏ @JaimeCiccone

@SergioKletnoy for u MDNA is?

@JaimeCiccone I LOVED it, it's Madonna going back to her roots of real dance music...

4m Sergio Kletnoy Sergio Kletnoy ‏ @SergioKletnoy

The slower songs are: Love Spent, Masterpiece, Falling Free and even I Fucked Up (even though it has cursing in it) @estilomadonna

Gang Bang is a speeding train going 100 miles an hour, u know u r about 2 crash, u hold on 4 your life & u love every sec

4hwoc2.gif

Guest groovyguy

10m Santiago Santiago ‏ @santidisalvo

@SergioKletnoy and "Best Friend".

@santidisalvo I gotta be honest, I don't remember much about either, both were uptempo and I did not write down notes about any songs at all

The slower songs are: Love Spent, Masterpiece, Falling Free and even I Fucked Up (even though it has cursing in it) @estilomadonna

6m THE RELIGION OF ART THE RELIGION OF ART ‏ @Poet_Music_Art

@SergioKletnoy What are your thoughts on "Gang Bang"?

Gang Bang is a speeding train going 100 miles an hour, u know u r about 2 crash, u hold on 4 your life & u love every sec

Dieego. ‏ @dieegopelao

@SergioKletnoy what do u think bout B-Day song?

20m Sergio Kletnoy Sergio Kletnoy ‏ @SergioKletnoy

@dieegopelao Didn't love it... It did not stand out to me, the lyrics were a bit childish and if I had it my way it would be the first to go

8m Dieego. Dieego. ‏ @dieegopelao

@SergioKletnoy Compared to Hard Candy... Wich one is better?

For me, #MDNA as a full album is better than HardCandy or COTDF, apart from Hung Up of course which is in my top 5... @dieegopelao

8m Gabo L-U-V Gabo L-U-V ‏ @Galuvin

@SergioKletnoy what about Turn Up The Radio? pleaseee!

@Galuvin Straight up dance/pop record, it's fun, cheesy and current... It's not my fave but I wouldn't turn it off...

Guest Fluorine

So, it looks like "B-Day Song" is probably this album's "Spanish Lesson." (Apologies to all who like that track.)

I'm surprised that the latest reviewers seem to think that MDNA is a better "album album" than COADF, since that's her most cohesive work by far in my view. It makes me more excited than ever to hear it for myself!

So, it looks like "B-Day Song" is probably this album's "Spanish Lesson." (Apologies to all who like that track.)

I'm surprised that the latest reviewers seem to think that MDNA is a better "album album" than COADF, since that's her most cohesive work by far in my view. It makes me more excited than ever to hear it for myself!

Agreed on "B-Day Song.". And I believe the two tracks we have heard NOTHING about are "Some Girls" and "I'm Addicted," unless I missed something!