MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

I am suprised noone is saying anything here. Don't focus on the album being at no1. Most album sales come from physical sales so it's kind of pointless. WHAT ABOUT THE SONG. That's what we should care about at this point. It is bombing on i-tunes in many important markets, USA and UK included. I thought it would have gone straight to no1 like most important releases by big artists. It's not even in the top10!

I never post negative things but this is extremely worrying and I haven't seen anyone addressing the issue!

It's sitting right outside the top ten, at eleven. That's not bad at all, and certainly not "bombing." And the big promotional push isn't until tomorrow. Calm down.

I am suprised noone is saying anything here. Don't focus on the album being at no1. Most album sales come from physical sales so it's kind of pointless. WHAT ABOUT THE SONG. That's what we should care about at this point. It is bombing on i-tunes in many important markets, USA and UK included. I thought it would have gone straight to no1 like most important releases by big artists. It's not even in the top10!

I never post negative things but this is extremely worrying and I haven't seen anyone addressing the issue!

Relax! Tomorrow,the entire world will watch her perform it live on the SuperBowl.Many of these people will rush to iTunes to purchase it.If the sales don't increase after the SuperBowl,then you can panic.

It's sitting right outside the top ten, at eleven. That's not bad at all, and certainly not "bombing." And the big promotional push isn't until tomorrow. Calm down.

It fell to no12 now. LMFAO overtook her with Sexy And I Know It. We'll see. Can't wait for Superbowl.

It fell to no12 now. LMFAO overtook her with Sexy And I Know It. We'll see. Can't wait for Superbowl.

It's falling in the UK too. It was 13, 14 and now 15. I'm not sure but I think it's because the single given out for free with the purchase of the album don't count towards the chart position of GMAYL. It's only the ones bought individually and I would imagine most fans would have got the song thru the pre-order of the album.

OMG Debbie Downer,(no offence haha) the song is the second highest played launch in history or whatever somebody said, the album is number one in over 50 countries within 24 hours. I doubt M will be going bankrupt. Its about the overall art of the project not a number, I think its already got enough good numbers. The songs not Like a prayer or vogue lets be honest.

The song is NOT bombing. People is buying the album BECAUSE of the song, it's the only song they can get NOW. The album is number one EVERYWHERE. Go figure it out. It's not like the album is just in top 10 and the sound is outside. iTunes is probably not counting the song when bought with the album pre-order.

I am suprised noone is saying anything here. Don't focus on the album being at no1. Most album sales come from physical sales so it's kind of pointless. WHAT ABOUT THE SONG. That's what we should care about at this point. It is bombing on i-tunes in many important markets, USA and UK included. I thought it would have gone straight to no1 like most important releases by big artists. It's not even in the top10! Remember that monster radio stations are playing every hour! I am afraid the public cannot connect. Kind of like Not Myself Tonight. At least we have the superbowl performance.

"this is extremely worrying and I haven't seen anyone addressing the issue"

The negativity and/or level of performance-related forms of worry/craziness on this forum - and I'm not particularly referring to you on this, Jasonakos - never cease to amaze me.

Why can't people just enjoy things for what they are and most importantly for how THEY feel while experiencing them?

Why is it always necessary to know that millions are liking something in order to feel sure about the level of OKness and quality of that very something?

I mean....come on now.

As far as charts are concerned, they obviously are no longer as relevant or meaningful as they used to be.

Just enjoy the song - if you like it - otherwise just move on to something else.

Nothing is mandatory let alone liking a song.

This is just the start of a new adventure. Let's just enjoy the ride and wait and see where it will take us.

Guest Xanthium

I love watching some of you flip out over this stuff. very entertaining :lol:

But it's only been one day since the song has been out so there's no need to fling yourself off a bridge quite just yet.

But it's only been one day since the song has been out so there's no need to fling yourself off a bridge quite just yet.

:lol: I agree!

:rotfl::thumbsup: Yeah, but perspective isn't a strong point here. :demonic:

relax.....the song is just out for one day.

the video is getting zillion hits on youtube

she got huge airplay till now

wait for tomorrow

wait for the remixes

there's hope.

it's madonna..

Yes, there is "hope", and I am one who "hopes" for the best. Unfortunately, we have to be realistic.... "huge airplay" isn't genuine. It's being force fed. Great for exposure, but let's remember how most of us get sick of listening to the radio, only to hear the same damn song being played every hour.

Also, the youtube views are big indeed, but how many times have many of us have watched it at that link? I know I have watched it a many times. No doubt, the interest is there to see the video, but it doesn't mean it will transpire into a huge hit or sales.

But I'm hopeful. I just want to be realistic as well. The Superbowl could definitely change things. The interest could grow more genuine after her performance. Also, I think with CELEBRATION single disc skyrocketing on the digital charts, shows a good sign of genuine interest.

She's a 53 year mother of 4 not some pop tart. If she gets at 10 top ten single and a number one album in the US she is doing phenomenally well.

She is in the 3rd decade of her career. What other female at her age is doing what she is? Once the Superbowl gig is over both the record company and Madonna will

have done everything they can to make the single a success. She has had a great promotional campaign. It's now up to radio

to play the song and the public to download it.

She's a 53 year mother of 4 not some pop tart. If she gets at 10 top ten single and a number one album in the US she is doing phenomenally well.

She is in the 3rd decade of her career. What other female at her age is doing what she is? Once the Superbowl gig is over both the record company and Madonna will

have done everything they can to make the single a success. She has had a great promotional campaign. It's now up to radio

to play the song and the public to download it.

and people to like it. No matter how expensive a video is, how a great performance was, if the song is not good enough for the audience, they will not buy it, simple. Super Bowl is a great chance and exposure, time will tell.

Some people here need to stop being so damn negative. Ok, the song is not n°1 everywhere but the album is!! I prefer to see a n°1 album than a n°1 single to be honest.

Try to see it like this: commercial success for Madonna right now isn't as important as it was before. She already had it all, more than 300 damn millions!!! And she's still the best selling female artist in the world!!! I'm already more than happy with that.

She's going to kill it with her tour, which is the more important for her right now. So let's just enjoy the music! We need to be fan of the artist, not the sales! Don't get me wrong, i would LOVE to see her killing it with sales but if she doesn't, it wouldn't be the end of the world!

Be positive people :thumbsup:

Some people here need to stop being so damn negative. Ok, the song is not n°1 everywhere but the album is!! I prefer to see a n°1 album than a n°1 single to be honest.

Try to see it like this: commercial success for Madonna right now isn't as important as it was before. She already had it all, more than 300 damn millions!!! And she's still the best selling female artist in the world!!! I'm already more than happy than that.

She's going to kill it with her tour, which is the more important for her right now. So let's just enjoy the music! We need to be fan of the artist, not the sales! Don't get me wrong, i would LOVE to see her killing it with sales but if she doesn't, it wouldn't be the end of the world!

Be positive people :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

How odd that one song is a worry for people when an ENTIRE 18 TRACK ALBUM is sitting at #1 all over the world.

People are backing the WHOLE PROJECT by blindly buying the album like that, i couldn't think of anything more positive at this point.

I guess people like Rihanna and Katy Perry have gotten a lot of gays used to supporting SINGLES since that's their strongest way of selling their music. Other acts are able to sell...you know.....actual albums.....be proud of the fact that Madonna is still able to do that at her age, it's incredible. Leave the "singles" chart for the teens buying songs with their pocket money.

and people to like it. No matter how expensive a video is, how a great performance was, if the song is not good enough for the audience, they will not buy it, simple. Super Bowl is a great chance and exposure, time will tell.

and we have to remember the goal of all this is her world Tour. So the performances (video, Super Bowl) are most important. The song is just a backdrop.