MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Sounds a bit like Get Together and there is that eurodance sound that is also in Runaway Love, Give It 2 Me and, of course, the Benassi remix of Celebration.

That's why I love it. :wow: And that's why it could flop hard in the US.

Love it! It's amazing!

Like the girls gone wild, like the girls gone wild

Girls, they just wanna have some fun

Get fired up like a smoking gun

On the floor 'till the daylight comes

I've been listening to the megamix many times today and I keep hearing girl (I'm like a girl gone wild). Is there something wrong with me? :(

I guess GGW is mainly for the EU market. She has largely ignore EU and what we like after her most sucsessful era here - COADF. Neither HC, nor GMAYL resonate with Europes tastes.

Just-In: Madonna and Britney Spears NOT collaborating for Girls Gone Wild 2nd single from MDNA !!!! :tongue:

That's good news.Another Britney/Madonna collaboration would be redundant.I like the fact that Madonna has moved on and is now working with edgy,unique artists like Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.

I am not sure Madonna does care. I know she is saying all these things but really, I am sure she is partly covering her own ass with the NFL. We are talking about a woman who said FUCK how many times on network television and walked down a Miami street naked at age 33.

Anyway, I still think it was fine that MIA flipped the bird. This is rock and roll, whether it's the Super Bowl or not. I like those unexpected moments in live television. They give it some edge and reality. I don't think it marred the performance and "Like A Prayer" still sealed the deal wonderfully.

Next.

I think this MIA apologizing talk is just theater to please america. I bet in reality they laugh for the whole thing. I mean she gives the finger in the music video too and says "i don't give a shit".

AAAANNDD, remember how Madonna shouted "mother fuckers" on UK national tv? Last time I think on Live 8 and before tate gallery award show, blonde ambition tour etc.

hypocratedonna.

Edited by dollhouse

I guess GGW is mainly for the EU market. She has largely ignore EU and what we like after her most sucsessful era here - COADF. Neither HC, nor GMAYL resonate with Europes tastes.

You are wrong, 4 Minutes and Give it 2 Me were big hits in many EU countries and even Miles Away was a huge airplay hit in Germany.

And GMAYL is going great in Finland, Sweden, France, Spain, Portugal and Italy!

Love it! It's amazing!

Like the girls gone wild, like the girls gone wild

Get fired up like a smoking gun

On the floor 'till the daylight comes

:bow:

You are wrong, 4 Minutes and Give it 2 Me were big hits in many EU countries and even Miles Away was a huge airplay hit in Germany.

it still cant compare to coadf - everything was a hit-hung up, sorry, gt, jump.

from the snippet of GGW, the weak vocal delivery and her "eei, eeeiii, eeii" are what turn me off from the song

I like the "heeyy...eeeh....eeeeh...." part! It's a perfect hook for this song.

It's very hard to tell in the UK how it's doing because the pre-sales aren't counting. Does anyone know how many units the pre-sale of the album has racked up?

Madonna - Girls Gone Wild (MDNA Preview) NEXT SINGLE

I'm sorry but it sounds like a celebration sister generic sound... like someone said here GAYL sounds like Vogue next to this! :nocomment:

I hope i will change my mind once i hear it in full :|

Say what you want, but "Girls Gone Wild" sounds very fitting to the electronic dance music that is popular throughout the world... including the U.S. Now it may very well flop in areas, but it doesn't mean it's a bad song. I would say a 37 sec clip is really not a very fair assessment of what may be a hit or a bomb. Personally, I'm sure it will do well Internationally, but in the U.S., it could go either way. Madonna right now has all the good vibes from the Super Bowl to back her. But in a month or two, will it matter anymore? People tend to get tired easily of just about anything. Though, it seems Interscope is willing to support her.