Superstar - ?

I’m a Sinner - William Orbit/Madonna

Masterpiece* - William Orbit/Madonna

Falling Free - William Orbit/Madonna

Love Spent* William Orbit/Madonna

I Fucked Up - Martin Solveig/Madonna

Beautiful Killer - Martin Solveig/Madonna

Guest groovyguy

6 tracks is perfect, even more so for those who were bitching about the album being too "Solveig-ish" :lol:

The blend of Solveig/Orbit/Benassi

Is going to be amazing!

Good balance of 'light' and 'dark' songs

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/04/martin-solveig-i-ended-up-working-together-on-six-tracks-with-madonna/

Martin Solveig: I ended up working together on six tracks with Madonna

For the promotion of Madonna’s new single “Give me all your Luvin’” from her forthcoming album MDNA, producer Martin Solveig gave an interview to French newspaper Le Parisien.

Here is the full interview, translated by Madonnarama…

How did it all start with Madonna?

MARTIN SOLVEIG – When my single was certified gold in the US, her manager called me. He said “Madonna is doing a record and she would like to work with you. Could you send us some music? At first, I thought it was a joke. Then things got a little overwhelming. It’s sort of a dream to work with Madonna when you’re a musician.

Tell us about meeting her for the first time…

MARTIN SOLVEIG – We first spoke on the phone. She told me she loved “Hello” and “Boys and Girls”,a song I did for a Jean Paul Gaultier fashion show. She told me “It sounds different from anything we hear today.” Then, things went quite easy. We were supposed to work on one or two tracks, but we ended up working together on six tracks “Turn-up The radio”, “I Don’t Give a”, “I Fucked up”, “Beautiful Killer” and “B-Day Song”….

What about her latest single “Give me All Your Luvin’”…

MARTIN SOLVEIG – Everything went so fast with that one. We were working in a recording studio in London. She listened to the music. She grabbed the microphone and said “ok let’s record it now”. We actually kept elements from that very first recording in the actual song. It’s all about dance, joyful, and being positive. It’s a ball of energy. The song is based on a sort of twist rythm. Then, her manager and I thought about including M.I.A. and Madonna thought about Nicki Minaj, because she adores her. Both are featured more than once in the album. [First revealed by Madonnarama.com last November : HERE]

The single even leaked on the Internet…

MARTIN SOLVEIG – It was terrible, even though it was just a demo. From what I hear, it all came from a hacker who hacked Madonna’s computer. She’s harrassed all the time, it’s crazy. The FBI even woke me up, one day, and scanned my computers to check if the leak was coming from me. The computer I use to produce tracks is now locked in a vault and I couldn’t even go home with the single. I have to buy it !

Is working with Madonna easy?

MARTIN SOLVEIG – She’s very down to earth. You easily forget she’s an icon and it all turns into a very collaborative process between two artists. She drinks a lot of weird tea with honey and lemon. She made me try it, but I didn’t like it. I’m more of a coffee person. She’s got a great sense of humor and is very tongue-in-cheek. She called me dozens of different names from “professeur” to “the tyran” because i asked her to re-record vocals too many times, and also “Roman Polansky” because she thinks him and I look alike. We worked for three months between London and New York. We’re still texting each other a lot exchanging ideas. Madonna has always been the most French-oriented american artists. Her kids speak French better than I do. Lola is incredible. The way she speaks French is amazing. Madonna’s so into French movies, 70′s films, new wave. She knows Bunuel, Godart, Truffaut. Take the song, “Beautiful Killer”, it’s an homage to Melville’s movie “Le Samouraï.” She sings “You’re a beautiful Killer but you’ll never be Alain Delon.”

Did you make a lot of money out of this collaboration ?

MARTIN SOLVEIG – Nothing for now. But we’re sharing all revenues from the songs we recorded together. I think it’s very generous of her. In the end I’ll be probably making a lot of money out of it. But the experience is so crazy that I didn’t even think about the financial aspects, yet.

I love this thanks :thumbsup:

Guest Fukujima

Cant wait to hear the material of William Orbit.

mee too...we still haven't got the chance to listen to anything related to MDNA if we exclude Masterpiece.

George Michael has been Tweeting about Madonna:

''Just saw the Madonna video, she looks great. as for the song, err....don't really think I should comment. Heheheh ....''

''Still, us gayboyz will probably fall for it again.We never learn :) According to her brother,she's not very fond of having us around anymore''

''Hopefully that's bullshit, family feud kinda thing (he's gay).''

''And I just checked the album track listing, and it's soooooo directed at Boyztown. And by the sounds of it she's turned over a new leaf!''

''She's into gang banging, MDMA (supergay drug), etc. Who'd have guessed?''

''My goodness, where does she find the time?''

Sweet RuPaul is in a Madonna mood too he just tweeted a link to the pre-order of MDNA on itunes :

RuPaul RuPaul

I've already pre-ordered Madonna "MDNA (Deluxe)" itun.es/iSF7nf

Right before he tweeted this > RuPaul RuPaul

Cardio Jam of the Day: "Miles Away (Morgan Page Mix)" by Madonna youtu.be/aqnEnVGl-xQ

Interview with Giovanni Bianco for the brazilian magazine "Época" about MDNA cover (I translated, so forgive me if I mistranslate something):

"The commitment to do something new in working with Madonna, which no one has yet seen, is enormous. I worked with a pair of photographers Mert & Marcus and contrary to what seems the image is not the effect of Photoshop. The photos were taken in the simplest way possible, behind a glass rib. When the album be released you will see an explosion of images", he told.

He also says that one of the funniest things that happens on the eve of a Madonna's release, is the amount of false covers and videos parodying the pop star.

"I suggested to her that we do a book with them. They are so good and hilarious at times I'm afraid they are better than my ideas." said Giovanni,

How did you get the invitation to work with Madonna again?

We have a professional relationship of great respect, from which emerged a friendship. We always kept in touch, we talk. I went to the premiere of her new film, 'WE', in Venice and she called me to hear the songs of the album. I heard six of them, did the research and then she selects what she wants.

She is really a controller-freaky?

She requires a lot, in an almost absurd way, about the time, your availability and your ability to understanding. She is a professional who does many things at once and know exactly what she wants. Sometimes, I send an idea and she replies: 'I've done it.' The coolest thing that we joke and sometimes fight, is that I try to give her the idea that I'm also a fan. Sometimes it's hard to be professional, fan and friend at the same time.

What's different about this album?

The songs are happy, to have fun. I wanted to dance for all of them. The image of this work is a woman who has so much power, but who likes to have fun.

How is it possible to give the image of a dancing woman of 53 years old without looking like a little girl?

Madonna is ageless, she does not have that weight. The age only makes her better. Her energy it's of a 20 years old girl. Her spirit is young.

The new tour will be coming to Brazil?

I think it will be in December. She loves Brazil and has a very special affection for our country. She loves to do shows here. Sometimes when she talks very fast american slang, she sees that I do not understand and repeat for me to understand the joke. We have so much fun. I always carry Brazil and Rio with me. If I was not doing this, I would be carnivalesque. People see it in myself. When I do a job very colorful, They say: There goes the brazilian.

After Madonna, what is missing on your resume?

My dream is to work with Maria Bethania, Alcione and Zeca Pagodinho(all barzilians artists). They would make me the happiest man in the world.

Guest groovyguy

astyboy [MadonnaTribe forum]

... two of the Orbit tracks, including "Love Spent", were co-written by Jean-Baptiste Kouame and originally produced by Free School. Orbit kept most of the original elements, but added some of his own personal touches.

...Madonna did in fact record her own version of "Kids" (an outtake from Kelis' Flesh Tone album), but it didn't make the final cut. The final tracklist of the album was decided by William Orbit and Madonna herself.

yaz [MadonnaTribe forum]

... the standard edition of MDNA will feature 12 tracks.

The CD version of the deluxe edition will feature the 12 tracks of the standard edition + a bonus disc with 5 bonus tracks.

According to ASCAP, "Love Spent" was written by Priscilla Renea Hamilton, Ryan Buendia, Jean-Baptiste Kouame and Alain Gordon Whyte.

Madonna is not credited as a co-writer

Strange that the traditional madonna forums like this one are not as active as they usually are around album release time....I have also noticed that there are more madonna fans posting on the gaga website forums. Surprising that I get more "breaking" news and commentary about Madonna from the Gaga sites.

MARTIN SOLVEIG – She’s very down to earth. You easily forget she’s an icon and it all turns into a very collaborative process between two artists. She drinks a lot of weird tea with honey and lemon. She made me try it, but I didn’t like it. I’m more of a coffee person.

How English of her! :dramatic:

myMDNA has learned some exclusive information regarding the promotion for MDNA. The queen will do a serious press tour the last week in March and will be visiting talk shows all over New York. She is currently in talks to do a performance outside the today show which will lead up to her big promo show the night after the album is released. They are apparently still trying to negotiate venue details as we speak, but rest assured this will be no ordinary promo show as Madonna is pulling out all the stops to make MDNA the biggest selling record of her career!.

Source: myMDNA.com

Idk if it's credible but it sounds possible and I'd love to happen so I can see her again. Her promo tours are always so much fun. :)

myMDNA has learned some exclusive information regarding the promotion for MDNA. The queen will do a serious press tour the last week in March and will be visiting talk shows all over New York. She is currently in talks to do a performance outside the today show which will lead up to her big promo show the night after the album is released. They are apparently still trying to negotiate venue details as we speak, but rest assured this will be no ordinary promo show as Madonna is pulling out all the stops to make MDNA the biggest selling record of her career!.

Idk if it's credible but it sounds possible and I'd love to happen so I can see her again. Her promo tours are always so much fun. :)

She would need to sell 30m copies to achieve that and given the current times I really doubt it . . .

But she can sure score the biggest-selling record of the year :vogue:

Interview with Giovanni Bianco for the brazilian magazine "Época" about MDNA cover (I translated, so forgive me if I mistranslate something):

"The commitment to do something new in working with Madonna, which no one has yet seen, is enormous. I worked with a pair of photographers Mert & Marcus and contrary to what seems the image is not the effect of Photoshop. The photos were taken in the simplest way possible, behind a glass rib. When the album be released you will see an explosion of images", he told.

He also says that one of the funniest things that happens on the eve of a Madonna's release, is the amount of false covers and videos parodying the pop star.

"I suggested to her that we do a book with them. They are so good and hilarious at times I'm afraid they are better than my ideas." said Giovanni,

We have a professional relationship of great respect, from which emerged a friendship. We always kept in touch, we talk. I went to the premiere of her new film, 'WE', in Venice and she called me to hear the songs of the album. I heard six of them, did the research and then she selects what she wants.

She requires a lot, in an almost absurd way, about the time, your availability and your ability to understanding. She is a professional who does many things at once and know exactly what she wants. Sometimes, I send an idea and she replies: 'I've done it.' The coolest thing that we joke and sometimes fight, is that I try to give her the idea that I'm also a fan. Sometimes it's hard to be professional, fan and friend at the same time.

The songs are happy, to have fun. I wanted to dance for all of them. The image of this work is a woman who has so much power, but who likes to have fun.

How is it possible to give the image of a dancing woman of 53 years old without looking like a little girl?

Madonna is ageless, she does not have that weight. The age only makes her better. Her energy it's of a 20 years old girl. Her spirit is young.

I think it will be in December. She loves Brazil and has a very special affection for our country. She loves to do shows here. Sometimes when she talks very fast american slang, she sees that I do not understand and repeat for me to understand the joke. We have so much fun. I always carry Brazil and Rio with me. If I was not doing this, I would be carnivalesque. People see it in myself. When I do a job very colorful, They say: There goes the brazilian.

My dream is to work with Maria Bethania, Alcione and Zeca Pagodinho(all barzilians artists). They would make me the happiest man in the world.

:thumbsup: thank you

At all of these promotion plans :dramatic:

2012 the definitive Madonna year :tigger:

Strange that the traditional madonna forums like this one are not as active as they usually are around album release time....I have also noticed that there are more madonna fans posting on the gaga website forums. Surprising that I get more "breaking" news and commentary about Madonna from the Gaga sites.

I think it's because a lot of the fansites have Facebook groups (DrownedMadonna; Madonnatribe; Madonnarama; and of course Best of Madonna and News of Madonna) so a lot of fans just get their news from those groups and don't bother contributing in forums if all they want is news.

I think in many respects, online fan communities in the traditional sense (i.e. forums like this) peaked a few years ago. Facebook, Twitter and blogs have had a major impact on this format of online fan communities.