MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

I doubt people will even think about pressing the pre-orders button and canceling it BUT I wish it was like Bjork's app, which I believe you were locked into the pre-order once pre-ordered it. I don't see why you have the option of changing your mind but I doubt the people that pre-ordered the record are casual fans. I'm sure most of them are bigger fans so I don't see them pulling out before the release. Plus, for the price, you'll also get the bonus tracks. It would make no sense to pull out unless you absolutely hate something she does in the coming weeks or are turned off by a second single.

I'm sure there will be some, but yeah I don't want it to go down too much. I doubt it will but 2 million is a HUGE number and if it's really true I can't wait to rub it in everyone's faces.

I'm sure there will be some, but yeah I don't want it to go down too much. I doubt it will but 2 million is a HUGE number and if it's really true I can't wait to rub it in everyone's faces.

The great thing about it, is that they can track and watch how the sales are going and if it's not to their liking, they can push more promotion into the media, via commercials etc...

I like that since she's the biggest artist in Pop music, they want to assure her success this time around. I think after the Super Bowl,sales are going to explode for the next week on her new record pre-orders and the single, as well as previous albums but most likely the Celebration albums (which should have sold more considering the beautiful artwork and the almost complete track listing.)

Guest HaveASit

The person who told that in the UK mix forum is a totally Madonna's hater. I know her from a Brazilian forum.

Edited by Matheus

The great thing about it, is that they can track and watch how the sales are going and if it's not to their liking, they can push more promotion into the media, via commercials etc...

I like that since she's the biggest artist in Pop music, they want to assure her success this time around. I think after the Super Bowl,sales are going to explode for the next week on her new record pre-orders and the single, as well as previous albums but most likely the Celebration albums (which should have sold more considering the beautiful artwork and the almost complete track listing.)

True, how do you know it's sold 2mil though?

True, how do you know it's sold 2mil though?

I personally don't, it was an assumption/rumor that's going around according to a poster above...but I wouldnt doubt that it's somewhere in the 1.2-1.5 million...I've noticed that when they overguess the amount, it's usually a little less. Like when gaga's btw came out, they said a certain amount and it was like 500,000 less than that. That's not to say that that is the case here, I'm just hoping it is true in some respect and got off to a great start in terms of sales.

From the sounds of turn up the radio and girls gone wild, when she does go on tour, the sound is very current club music, so it might peak the album even further and we might (crossing fingers) have a 5+ million selling album. Maybe even more, which would be amazing. Whether I like the single or not, the promotion is too good to pass up on enjoying this "comeback"...since her label change, it's an enjoyable Madonna era. I do hope the sales exceed my (and everyone's) expectations.

2 million already?! :dramatic:

Breaking out the Louis Roederer from my aunt's basement right this moment.

champagne-toast.jpg

There's one thing to say + one thing only.

tumblr_lbqzj3U3C31qezxsoo1_500.gif

first bonus track is a GMAYL remix with LMFAO...ouch. :(

How'd you find out? Weren't we supposed to get an exclusive remix? Maybe we'll get it after the Super Bowl or it's just a pre-order that guarantees we'll get it when the album gets released?

I also noticed that album is labelled as "Explicit," was it like that earlier this morning?

Yes, I noticed that stupid, ugly "Explicit" sticker on the album cover since the morning.

And I can't believe they cut out M.I.A. in the LMFAO remix. Bullshit.

Ugh I'm really getting worried about this era again. I really like GMAYL and I "liked" the two snippets. I just don't want this to be a cop out album where she does things everybody else has already done. I want innovative Madonna. I don't give a shit if she sounds mature, immature, introspective or vapid, but I want the sounds to be NEW. I guess GMAYL is kind of that but the LMFAO remix is not promising.

#1 IN OVER 40 COUNTRIES!

#1 US

#1 Canada

#1 Germany

#1 Italy

#1 France

#1 Finland

#1 Czech Republic

#1 Denmark

#1 Mexico

#1 Paraguay

#1 Ecuador

#1 Costa Rica

#1 Panamá

#1 Brazil

#1 Argentina

#1 Dominican Republic

#1 El Salvador

#1 Peru

#1 Bolivia

#1 Venezuela

#1 Colombia

#1 Honduras

#1 Nicaragua

#1 Guatemala

#1 Switzerland

#1 Chile

#1 Greece

#1 Cyprus

#1 Sweden

#1 Luxembourg

#1 Hungary

#1 Netherland

#1 Belgium

#1 Portugal

#1 Estonia

#1 Ireland

#1 Poland

#1 Malta

#1 Latvia

#1 Austria

#1 Slovakia

Checked one by one. :thumbsup:

The Power of the Queen

Can you picture the younger cheaper pop starlets doing this in 2030? They're barely doing it now.

Amazing woman :bow:

Does anyone think she will do a mini promo tour for the album like she for COADF and HC?

I think she just might. SuperBowl is just the kick-off event to basically launch the single and get the attention of as many casual listeners as possible. I think afterwards she's going to do a mix of TV and a showcasing in small places we've seen before in 2005 and 2008.

If the album, the next single and the second video for this era are anywhere as good as GMAYL (or maybe better) then not only she'll have another record breaking tour but also another best-selling album. I mean who else manages to get their album at #1 in 50 countries minutes after having been made available for purchase, at 53 ?

She always enjoys doing the promo tours, plus she uses them to test out material for the world tour. I always enjoy watching them live when they're broadcasted over the internet. I look forward to that with every album, ever since COAD. It's always an event watching Madonna perform live off my computer. lol that does sound funny. but koko clup, live earth, roseland ballroom 08, haiti benefit, and even her hall of fame speech. it's fun.

She always enjoys doing the promo tours, plus she uses them to test out material for the world tour. I always enjoy watching them live when they're broadcasted over the internet. I look forward to that with every album, ever since COAD. It's always an event watching Madonna perform live off my computer. lol that does sound funny. but koko clup, live earth, roseland ballroom 08, haiti benefit, and even her hall of fame speech. it's fun.

You should get tickets, baby doll. :wow:

Ugh I'm really getting worried about this era again. I really like GMAYL and I "liked" the two snippets. I just don't want this to be a cop out album where she does things everybody else has already done. I want innovative Madonna. I don't give a shit if she sounds mature, immature, introspective or vapid, but I want the sounds to be NEW. I guess GMAYL is kind of that but the LMFAO remix is not promising.

What about Disasterpiece? Disasterpiece is life.

KOKO 2005

BRIXTON 2000

and ROSELAND 2008 :dramatic:

You should get tickets, baby doll. :wow:

For the promo tour? Well if she comes to Philly for that, I sho' will!

But I'll def be seeing her this summer/fall when the world tour starts.

It's been 11 years since the last time i saw her live! I need to go to her tour again, but this time as an adult. :lol:

I mean who else manages to get their album at #1 in 50 countries minutes after having been made available for purchase, at 53 ?

exactly, and the MADONNA camp should trumpet this PRONTO...

so that the world will know MADONNA is still very much popular and there's nothing to be ashamed of liking her still after 30 years...

For the promo tour? Well if she comes to Philly for that, I sho' will!

But I'll def be seeing her this summer/fall when the world tour starts.

It's been 11 years since the last time i saw her live! I need to go to her tour again, but this time as an adult. :lol:

I guess she'd do NY for the promo again. Not sure how "easy" the tickets are to obtain. :scared: There was also the Roxy in 1998, a forerunner to future ones.