MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

I am not sure Madonna does care. I know she is saying all these things but really, I am sure she is partly covering her own ass with the NFL. We are talking about a woman who said FUCK how many times on network television and walked down a Miami street naked at age 33.

Anyway, I still think it was fine that MIA flipped the bird. This is rock and roll, whether it's the Super Bowl or not. I like those unexpected moments in live television. They give it some edge and reality. I don't think it marred the performance and "Like A Prayer" still sealed the deal wonderfully.

Next.

I am not sure Madonna does care. I know she is saying all these things but really, I am sure she is partly covering her own ass with the NFL. We are talking about a woman who said FUCK how many times on network television and walked down a Miami street naked at age 33.

Anyway, I still think it was fine that MIA flipped the bird. This is rock and roll, whether it's the Super Bowl or not. I like those unexpected moments in live television. They give it some edge and reality. I don't think it marred the performance and "Like A Prayer" still sealed the deal wonderfully.

Next.

Yes, but in this case Madonna had given her word to the NFL there wouldn't be anything anyone would consider offensive. That wasn't the case in the other instances. Madonna has integrity and is a woman of her word. So she didn't like it when this happened. You can tell from the tone in her voice she's sincere and she didn't know MIA was going to do that. I don't think she's really that mad though, just a little annoyed.

I think it was unfortunate that MIA did this. Not because I'm personally offended, but because some of the media coverage focused on that instead of Madonna's brilliant performance. The performance was supposed to be about edge, it was supposed to be a joyous celebration of her music. That' was her point.

I am tried of hearing about the stupid middle finger incident

MADONNA%20FINGER.jpg

madonna_middlefinger.jpg

tumblr_log57mBVAU1r02hico1_500.gif

I'm totally with you.....I'm kinda' turned off that MADONNA just didn't say...I had no idea....but that's her style...that's her thing....I've done it in the past....I hate when she speaks like she's above it all.

I'm totally with you.....I'm kinda' turned off that MADONNA just didn't say...I had no idea....but that's her style...that's her thing....I've done it in the past....I hate when she speaks like she's above it all.

She did say that. She said that she knows MIA is very punk rock and that's her thing, but it still was the inappropriate time and place and not in line with the joyousness and positivity of the performance. Yes, Madonna did in the past but it was in a different context, not where she had given her word to the NFL that there would be nothing anyone would find offensive. What Madonna said to me sounded perfectly reasonable and understandable. Nothing to do with being above it all. I don't know why some people here have such a hard time understanding that.

She did say that. She said that she knows MIA is very punk rock and that's her thing, but it still was the inappropriate time and place and not in line with the joyousness and positivity of the performance. Yes, Madonna did in the past but it was in a different context, not where she had given her word to the NFL that there would be nothing anyone would find offensive. What Madonna said to me sounded perfectly reasonable and understandable. Nothing to do with being above it all. I don't know why some people here have such a hard time understanding that.

Totally agree with you

then in that case.....MADONNA should have been crucified for doing it at LIVE 8! or when she said FUCK on DAvid Letterman.......i just think it's lame for the biggest shock ...pushing button woman...not say ..."what's the big deal?" "who cares?"

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/10/give-me-all-your-luvin-single-and-maxi-cd/

Give me all your Luvin’ – Single, Maxi CD and remixes

According to several online retailers and Amazon.de (pre-order HERE), the physical single of Madonna’s “Give me all your Luvin’” will be released on 24 February 2012.

The 2-track single should feature the following songs…

Give me all your Luvin’ (ft. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.)

Give me all your Luvin’ (Party Rock Remix – ft. Nicki Minaj and LMFAO)

Madonnarama can also reveal that a Maxi CD will be released and will feature remixes by …

Sultan & Shepard

Rebirth

Laidback Luke

Nicki Romero

Oliver Twizt

then in that case.....MADONNA should have been crucified for doing it at LIVE 8! or when she said FUCK on DAvid Letterman.......i just think it's lame for the biggest shock ...pushing button woman...not say ..."what's the big deal?" "who cares?"

because her show on david letterman was the moment for "world peace"? :lmao:

it was a silly talk show. totally different time and context.

i wonder how madonna fans will feel about martin solvgieg when all is settled. will he be Beloved like Mirawais and Orbit or hated like timbaland?

neither I believe. He is not bad himself, his Smash album is not bad, but GMAYL still sounds weak compared to her other lead singles. For this reason only I think he wont be as loved as Mirwais (not my favourite producer) or Orbit or Stuart. I dont think he ll be disliked on the same scale Timberland was, because most thought he fucked up with his productions amazing songs like Devil Wouldnt Even Recognize You. I believe Solveig would be among her more loved collaborators because I believe they ve done songs that are much better than GMAYL.

I hope GGW is the faster version we've heard and not the one on that dire 'album megamix'.

We'll have plenty of time for the inevitable meltdown AFTER the album is released so why being so negative right now ? I too did not like the snippet we heard of GGW, it sounds like a yiddish chant remixed in Ibiza circa 1999 but it's just a snippet and the whole thing must be good if they decided to release it as a single. So i trust Madonna and her team on this one. Maybe it's not an edgy album but it seems like it's not what she tried to achieve. She wants fun pop and we need fun pop :) (I don't feel the remixes either, awful dj's).

But hey, if this album is a big seller she'll have more freedom to experiment next time. I feel this album is like "True Blue" something i hated so much when it was released and hated for years until one day i listened to it for what it is : a pure pop album that sold shitloads and established her as pop royalty and after it we had "Like a prayer". Patrick Leonard just produced Leonard Cohen last album and is receiving praises for it. Joe Henry produced the wonderful latest labum of Me'shell ndege'ocello. Stuart Price is back on being Jacques Lu Cont. so they are still around and maybe they'll be back one day. We all love Madonna for different reasons and different songs because her catologue is so rich and varied that she can't satisfy everybody at once. I'm still rooting for her to make an album with James Murphy or anyone on DFA records. Can't she just have at least a single remixed by Juan MacLean, Shit robot or Holy Ghost ?

Edited by popeline

Guest groovyguy

Girls Gone Wild is Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it! It's amazing!

Like the girls gone wild, like the girls gone wild

Girls, they just wanna have some fun

Get fired up like a smoking gun

On the floor 'till the daylight comes

Girls, they just wanna have some fun