I fell head over heels in love with Madonna in 1998.

MaddysMuff

"Biggie? No...."

*tum turum turum (Hung Up instrumental...)*

yeah,that's it :) (but Iggy pop was in it too right?) I loved it.. I think it was the last time when the world got really excited for a Madonna video.

yeah,that's it :) (but Iggy pop was in it too right?) I loved it.. I think it was the last time when the world got really excited for a Madonna video.

Yeah he was in and Alanis too. :lol:

Poor M, I remember saying how bad she looked here and then apperead with Guy on the red carpet:

05_08_31_03_l.jpg

Who knew later that she died her hair just for the album photoshoot.

All throughout High School, people would give me Madonna interviews, photos, and clippings form magazines. Everyone knew I loved her! :wow:

People still do that with me. I barely speak about her these days, but my Mom still sends me newspaper clips featuring Madonna. It's so cute, I don't dare hurt her feelings by saying I have no interest in receiving such things. Also, friends from college always seem to contact me when they hear of something M related.

Apparently I had nothing important to say, outside of something M-related, before the age of 23.

People still do that with me. I barely speak about her these days, but my Mom still sends me newspaper clips featuring Madonna. It's so cute, I don't dare hurt her feelings by saying I have no interest in receiving such things. Also, friends from college always seem to contact me when they hear of something M related.

Apparently I had nothing important to say, outside of something M-related, before the age of 23.

:lol: I felt like some people only spoke to me about a Madonna related topics, As if i had nothing else to talk about!

Oh, and give yo momma my address. Isaac wants those clippings for his scrapbook. :queenbitch:

Due to my sister I was kind of BORN into Madonna love. My fathers distaste for her kind of helped me into it too. I'd probably say that 1992 was the time when I KNEW I was in love with all of her work. But it was the mid nineties once I had the internet that I would watch her videos over and over and over and over. It wasn't becoming a fan. It was REALISING. :)

Guest Not4Pussies

yes!!! i heard frozen on radio and i liked it

saw the video and i loved it

decided to go to target to just buy the Frozen single

didnt find it, so i bought the ROL album

been hooked since then

and what an era, what a summer!!

when i started being a true fan

i played the shit out of ROL

:lol: I felt like some people only spoke to me about a Madonna related topics, As if i had nothing else to talk about!

Oh, and give yo momma my address. Isaac wants those clippings for his scrapbook. :queenbitch:

LOL I know that feeling. I recently saw someone again I hadn't seen in years (friend of my parents) and when I said bye he quickly had to ask "so how's Madonna?" lmao. Its always people that I rarely see that ask me that, just like you I guess before the age of 15 I must have talked a lot about M, I don't even remember that, lol.

I became familiar and/or reacquainted with her hits when I got IC for Christmas in 1990. I asked for it specifically for JML but upon listening realized I knew a lot of those songs, I just didn't know it was Madonna. I also got IC VHS for Christmas but never really bothered with it until about a year later, after the hype of Truth Or Dare caught my interest. I was forbidden from seeing the movie so I finally gave IC VHS a whirl. Once I watched it, I was hooked...lol. I would watch it everyday. Not long after that, in 1992 I began buying all of her studio albums up until that point....on cassette tape of course. :) I'd say 1992 is when I became diehard but not even because of Erotica really. I actually didn't care much for it when it was released. It was around that time though that I became familiar with all her prior albums and watched Virgin Tour, Ciao Italia and Blond Ambition for the first time and I was forever mesmerized! :wow:

1989 and dear jessie was the first madonna single i bought(makes me smile as i'm now a real life jessie :lol: )but the Bedtime Stories era was when i finally "Got Her" and turned into the fan that i still am today

1987 or 1988. I remember being just a kid but I still remember watching my cousin's video cassette with music videos. The first videos I saw of her were LAV and Material girl. I thought to myself that this is the most beautiful woman in the world. Later I bought a video cassette where there were the videos of La Isla Bonita and True Blue.

My parents had LAV album. In 1989 I bought LAP album and I really loved it. I was amazed by Vogue and by BA, which I saw on tv.

Erotica felt like a let down but I still played it very often. I didnt like BS too. I loved Evita and just when I thought she lost it, I heard ROL. Its one of my favourite albums. Music was a let down. So was AL. Then I really loved COADF (probably my fav album) and HC.

Late '84! :dramatic:

Just how young are you lot?

Like A Virgin crept up on the British people and suddenly she went mega in '85. I was completely hooked by the time Material Girl was released.

Late '84! :dramatic:

Just how young are you lot?

Like A Virgin crept up on the British people and suddenly she went mega in '85. I was completely hooked by the time Material Girl was released.

Did you like "Holiday"? For some reason I can't remember that despite being aware of most music, LAV video is my first Madge memory

I'm such a new fan. I heard Sorry on the Confessions Tour that was shown on TV, and discovered her music from there!

That's great, I would think it would seem daunting to look into so much back catalogue.

for me fan 1987

fanatic 1989

Guest Pud Whacker

its really interesting to see all the different periods when people arrived. i love that someone came in after seeing sorry on tv confessions! i remember extraoridarian from mmad came in at 14 years old with american life!!!! that used to blow me away.

my friends that i grew up - the old-timers - most of them dropped off after bedtime stories. some came back around the time of music. they are very critical of her age and style changes - musically and visually. i have my own theories about that but i will keep that to myself.

when i first came to the internet, i thought - as most people did (i think) - that most people had a similar madonna experience. i was blown away to find she had very young fans, people who didnt know the entire body of work - it was bizarre. still is to me, to an extent.

most fans here think when i refer to ray of lighters that im putting people down, but im not. it is a factual moment in madonna music fan history and most of them do follow a certain 90's aesthetic and sensibility. in contrast to my very early 80's one.

this will always be my introduction to madonna: it obviously left a major, profound affect on me.

l_539f0ad012074976b67b8cb8ac2919b7.jpg

Did you like "Holiday"? For some reason I can't remember that despite being aware of most music, LAV video is my first Madge memory

LAV was my first memory too. I must admit, I don't remember Holiday first time round but around early '85 I was trying to find a picture sleeve copy so they probably started playing it when LAV became a huge hit here and in the US as it was her only other hit at that time. I know it went top ten here but at the time there were so many huge acts such as Duran Duran, Wham!, Culture Club etc that she got overshadowed. It was a great time for pop. I don't recall ever hearing her on the radio until Like A Virgin but I do think I remember the original TOTP performance but it didn't initially do much for me. With Bananarama and Cyndi Lauper huge at the time, M didn't seem out of the ordinary. Everybody was dressed so wildly and were completely original that she fitted in rather than stood out. Also I suspect it was a club hit crossover but the UK had so few media channels and no MTV except on Satellite TV which nobody had at the time, that it was hard to hear anything other than pop.

Of course, her subsequent success caused the song to go back up the charts in the summer of '85 where it sat behind Into The Groove at No.1 and No.2 with Crazy For You still Top 20 - remember this is sales only!

I also remember that Warner's sent out new stock of Holiday and Lucky Star but not Borderline 12"s for some reason - so whilst Holiday charted, there was a new batch of Lucky Star 'Sunglasses' 12" - I think a lot of what you see on sale is that batch and I bought one myself. Cosmic Climb and We Are The Gods also appeared but I took mine back after hearing CC!

And this had a profound effect on me - just dancing around the Gondola looking beautiful! It really was a pivotal pop moment.

Likeavirginm_venice.jpg

Guest Pud Whacker

LAV was my first memory too. I must admit, I don't remember Holiday first time round but around early '85 I was trying to find a picture sleeve copy so they probably started playing it when LAV became a huge hit here and in the US as it was her only other hit at that time. I know it went top ten here but at the time there were so many huge acts such as Duran Duran, Wham!, Culture Club etc that she got overshadowed. It was a great time for pop. I don't recall ever hearing her on the radio until Like A Virgin but I do think I remember the original TOTP performance but it didn't initially do much for me. With Bananarama and Cyndi Lauper huge at the time, M didn't seem out of the ordinary. Everybody was dressed so wildly and were completely original that she fitted in rather than stood out. Also I suspect it was a club hit crossover but the UK had so few media channels and no MTV except on Satellite TV which nobody had at the time,

Of course, her subsequent success caused the song to go back up the charts in the summer of '85 where it sat behind Into The Groove at No.1 and No.2 with Crazy For You still Top 20 - remember this is sales only!

I also remember that Warner's sent out new stock of Holiday and Lucky Star but not Borderline 12"s for some reason - so whilst Holiday charted, there was a new batch of Lucky Star 'Sunglasses' 12" - I think a lot of what you see on sale is that batch and I bought one myself. Cosmic Climb and We Are The Gods also appeared but I took mine back after hearing CC!

YOU HAVE THE LUCKY STAR UK 12"?????? my birthday is coming. pm me for my address. :rotfl: