Latest Rumors Regarding the Next Tour

Ugly Hecty

Well, I guess it depends on what rumors of a tour he is saying are false. I took it to mean he is saying that the rumors that she would tour sometime this year with a greatest hits tour are false.

I don't think he was responding to what the drummer said about a tour sometime in 2011 with a new album, but to the greatest hits tour rumors.

im pretty sure she really is going to tour in the beginning of 2011, its just too early to publish this kind of news right now. they probably didnt even make any plans yet, only decided that a tour WILL happen in that year.

Mattress is the very definition of awesome :bow: his sigs are amazing

That last one with the cartoon Nikki Finn exiting Warners was almost just TOO GOOD :lmao::rotfl::clap:

Then there was the comatose cheerleader smilies celebrating Celebration :lmao:

:lol: Thanks loomer.

:shy:

Currently the top news story in Australia lol

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/zdvzsdvza/story-e6frfn09-1225836769519

Email says Madonna to play Australia

Offers chance to meet the singer for $3000

Promoters say tour is "wishful thinking"

MADONNA fans were in a frenzy yesterday over an email doing the rounds which detailed the superstar's plans for a tour Down Under.

The anonymous email claims Madonna's Celebration tour is planned to play ten shows in Australia, with three at Rod Laver Arena.

Claiming the tour is a "gift" to Australian fans by being indoor rather than outdoor, it also offered a chance to meet Madonna for $3000.

The email claimed the cheapest tickets would be $249.

However, no Australian promoter has been linked to the tour, with many contacted yesterday filing the email under wishful thinking.

"The last I heard - which was only a few weeks ago - was there was no Australian tour planned," promoter Paul Dainty said.

"Stranger things have happened, but it's not very likely."

Tour insiders said it would be near impossible to put a show of that magnitude on without tickets going on sale before now.

Madonna has toured Australia only once, in 1993, and her manager promised her next tour would visit these parts after dodging us on three successive world tours.

Her greatest hits set, Celebration, was a surprise flop last year, following on from the underperforming Hard Candy album. lol wtf?

Her manager, Guy Oseary, admitted Madonna had betrayed her Australian fans.

"Madonna really needs to go to Australia," he said last year. "We are long overdue for a trip Down Under and apologise for that, it will happen."

In more realistic, and less anonymous news, Madonna's drummer, Brian Frasier-Moore, has said the singer will start touring next year.

Well, I guess it depends on what rumors of a tour he is saying are false. I took it to mean he is saying that the rumors that she would tour sometime this year with a greatest hits tour are false.

I don't think he was responding to what the drummer said about a tour sometime in 2011 with a new album, but to the greatest hits tour rumors.

I don't agree. I find it awfully funny he mentioned this on Twitter when these recent rumors come about and the Drummer said something. And honestly, the drummer never said he was touring with her in 2011. He just stated he will be working with her. We only assumed that because he mentioned being out on the road. It's possible that they may have a couple promo dates together planned. If I recall, she agreed to do the deal in Brazil next year. Maybe that is what he's thinking of.

Guest bluejean

I think something cool Madonna could do is play the piano with at least one of her songs. That would be brilliant, even if it's a basic melody on the piano for her. It would be an effort towards her musicianship. Maybe a Take A Bow/You'll See medley.

Only if she plays with her foot :lmao:

^ I really thought it would have been on the S&S Tour if "Rescue Me" was going to get the live treatment. After all, what better tie in with the thunderclaps and rain of "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You"? ... Okay, "Rain" is a pretty perfect connection, too, but that's essentially the same era musically. ("Rescue Me" is sort of a pre-Erotica track sonically speaking. And there were some similarities between Erotica and Hard Candy. There were some complementary sounds -- "Thief of Hearts" and "Voices," for example.)

Guest bluejean

I doubt she even remembers Rescue Me. With all the spoken lyrics and the throaty voice I'm not sure it would work well live.

But then, they DID dig up You Thrill Me so anything is possible.

I'd really like to see her do all the hits she has ignored, especially Who's That Girl. It's not even one of my favourite songs, I just think it's been so hugely ignored it deserves a performance after all these years. But I'm not sure everyone will even remember it?

I think these kind of news hurt her instead of creating buzz for her. Every single news point the fact that she has ignored Australia for many years, and for the most succesffl tours. It kinda scares me that people would stil feel angry and not interested by the time she go, that the tour would become a flop in there.